A pretty good loss

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 4029
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Re: A pretty good loss

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sat 13 Aug, 2016 11:05 pm

BornBlack&Gold wrote:
BlackandGoldForever wrote:BTW sick of hearing about Goalkicking the titans missed 3 goals off trys as well!!! if you wanna go by goalkicking logic they should have been 24-10 up
Agreed. They scored more tries than us. out played us through the middle and out muscled our forwards. not a good enough performance all around after last week.
We went backwards this week in my opinion. not necessarily as individuals (although a few were) but as a team.
There were some really bad calls in that game go against us but hey, thats the NRL isn't it, unprofessionalism at it's worst every week. Just think of it as part of the sport sadly.[

well they knew where our weakness was is that was not there before
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)


TYGA
Member
Member
Posts: 1739
Joined: Sat 23 May, 2015 11:17 pm

Post by TYGA » Sat 13 Aug, 2016 11:17 pm

Playing at home on front of 16k fans with our season on the line and we lose in this fashion.
Whist proud of the effort can't fault the boys its one of our most heart breaking losses in recent memory.

Read some of the key stats and we should never lose a game like this when leading 8-0.

Possession 51%-49% Tigers.
Missed Tackles WT 17 GC 33
Metres 1637 Tigers 1444 GC
Penalties 9-5 in favour of theTigers
WT 28 Completed Sets to GC 26
WT Offloads 15-9 GC
Line Breaks 3-2 Tigers
Tackles 287 Wt to 343 GC.
Errors 11 WT 13 GC

2 intercept tries were the difference and goal kicking.

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 26497
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Sat 13 Aug, 2016 11:19 pm

No losses are good..the fact we still had the opportunity to win ..makes it more frustrating...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

BornBlack&Gold
Member
Member
Posts: 356
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 3:42 am

Post by BornBlack&Gold » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 12:26 am

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
BornBlack&Gold wrote:
BlackandGoldForever wrote:BTW sick of hearing about Goalkicking the titans missed 3 goals off trys as well!!! if you wanna go by goalkicking logic they should have been 24-10 up
Agreed. They scored more tries than us. out played us through the middle and out muscled our forwards. not a good enough performance all around after last week.
We went backwards this week in my opinion. not necessarily as individuals (although a few were) but as a team.
There were some really bad calls in that game go against us but hey, thats the NRL isn't it, unprofessionalism at it's worst every week. Just think of it as part of the sport sadly.[

well they knew where our weakness was is that was not there before
Can't agree that we weren't weak in the middle before mate. Teams like the roosters always power right through us up the middle. Been happening for years with or without farah. The cowboys tried last week but we aimed up and put them on their arses. Needed to back it up again.

User avatar
stevied
Member
Member
Posts: 763
Joined: Sun 10 Jul, 2011 10:45 am

Post by stevied » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 12:32 am

dimitri wrote:The better team won.

We did well to get back into the game considering the loss of Teddy. There is too much pressure on Moses to produce. The defence stacks his side and miracle plays are needed to get through and it cost us twice with 2 intercepts from the pressure in defence.

We need a plan B in those situations and we dont have one.

I agree with this. Moses, for all his recent excellent form, had a poor game yesterday. His penchant for the miracle play crept back in and it cost us points. There is still need for composure and patience from the team when the opposition defense are in their faces. There were some positive aspects to the game and there was no questioning the effort or commitment. However, overall, it was not a great performance because they were outplayed by a team who are inferior in quality to the team we beat last week.


User avatar
diedpretty
Member
Member
Posts: 2242
Joined: Thu 16 Jul, 2009 7:31 am
Location: port macquarie

Post by diedpretty » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 5:27 am

Pawsandclaws wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:A good loss at a bad time. If we put in next yr, like we've put in the second half of this yr, we'll be in the 8.
So have the JT fan boys conceded your messiah has failed again to get us into the 8.

The fat lady hasn't started singing yet.At this stage she is just running through her practice. She might start singing next week and maybe not.

NT Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2486
Joined: Sun 28 Apr, 2013 9:00 am
Location: Sitting in front of the computer (again)

Post by NT Tiger » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 5:56 am

stevied wrote:
dimitri wrote:The better team won.

We did well to get back into the game considering the loss of Teddy. There is too much pressure on Moses to produce. The defence stacks his side and miracle plays are needed to get through and it cost us twice with 2 intercepts from the pressure in defence.

We need a plan B in those situations and we dont have one.

I agree with this. Moses, for all his recent excellent form, had a poor game yesterday. His penchant for the miracle play crept back in and it cost us points. There is still need for composure and patience from the team when the opposition defense are in their faces. There were some positive aspects to the game and there was no questioning the effort or commitment. However, overall, it was not a great performance because they were outplayed by a team who are inferior in quality to the team we beat last week.
That's pretty much the way I saw it. The Titans did to us what we did to the Cowboys. Can't agree with a good loss. With better composure, it was a game we could have won.
"Quality Stupidity"

NT Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2486
Joined: Sun 28 Apr, 2013 9:00 am
Location: Sitting in front of the computer (again)

Post by NT Tiger » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 5:58 am

TYGA wrote:Playing at home on front of 16k fans with our season on the line and we lose in this fashion.
Whist proud of the effort can't fault the boys its one of our most heart breaking losses in recent memory.

Read some of the key stats and we should never lose a game like this when leading 8-0.

Possession 51%-49% Tigers.
Missed Tackles WT 17 GC 33
Metres 1637 Tigers 1444 GC
Penalties 9-5 in favour of theTigers
WT 28 Completed Sets to GC 26
WT Offloads 15-9 GC
Line Breaks 3-2 Tigers
Tackles 287 Wt to 343 GC.
Errors 11 WT 13 GC

2 intercept tries were the difference and goal kicking.
You missed the critical ref call stats.
"Quality Stupidity"

maxxy86
Member
Member
Posts: 1443
Joined: Fri 04 Mar, 2011 11:54 am

Post by maxxy86 » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 7:19 am

TYGA wrote:Playing at home on front of 16k fans with our season on the line and we lose in this fashion.
Whist proud of the effort can't fault the boys its one of our most heart breaking losses in recent memory.

Read some of the key stats and we should never lose a game like this when leading 8-0.

Possession 51%-49% Tigers.
Missed Tackles WT 17 GC 33
Metres 1637 Tigers 1444 GC
Penalties 9-5 in favour of theTigers
WT 28 Completed Sets to GC 26
WT Offloads 15-9 GC
Line Breaks 3-2 Tigers
Tackles 287 Wt to 343 GC.
Errors 11 WT 13 GC

2 intercept tries were the difference and goal kicking.
Looking at these stats its ridiculous that we lost....but that's wests tigers for ya
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

User avatar
westTAHger
Member
Member
Posts: 4558
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 3:07 pm
Location: with Daffy Duck, having fun

Post by westTAHger » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 7:32 am

Geo. wrote:No losses are good..the fact we still had the opportunity to win ..makes it more frustrating...
Sums the game up perfectly.
Really pees me off, when have the chance to win, and cannot. :deadhorse: :oops: :twisted: :roll:
If I typed on here what I actually feel, then I'd be on review from the moderators. ;)
:sign: once a sprite in black and white.
now I am bold, in black, white and gold



" Hell and heaven, they can wait for you,
So go and do all the things that you want to do ".

From the Stereophonics song " C'est La Vie

Pawsandclaws
Member
Member
Posts: 2609
Joined: Sat 20 Jun, 2015 5:53 pm

Post by Pawsandclaws » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 8:27 am

Knuckles wrote:A good loss is loser talk.
The squaddies have been spinning it for all its worth. It's about time someone refreshed the JT should get credit thread.

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 20111
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 9:19 am

Pawsandclaws wrote:
Knuckles wrote:A good loss is loser talk.
The squaddies have been spinning it for all its worth. It's about time someone refreshed the JT should get credit thread.
Please, you're being to subtle. You need to be a bit more obvious if you want people to know you're delighted by yesterday's result.

Pawsandclaws
Member
Member
Posts: 2609
Joined: Sat 20 Jun, 2015 5:53 pm

Post by Pawsandclaws » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 9:30 am

You described it as a good loss and then the promise of next year! Always next year! You and the other squaddies talked it up big time after last week and haven't delivered. I am just as disappointed as the next supporter but realistic; JT needs to be shown the door (he should have been sacked last year) but accountability within the club is selective.

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 20111
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 9:32 am

Pawsandclaws wrote:You described it as a good loss and then the promise of next year! Always next year! You and the other squaddies talked it up big time after last week and haven't delivered. I am just as disappointed as the next supporter but realistic; JT needs to be shown the door (he should have been sacked last year) but accountability within the club is selective.
You're very naive if you think the higher ups would allow JT to do what he's done without their approval.

hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 7560
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by hobbo » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 9:37 am

Pawsandclaws wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:A good loss at a bad time. If we put in next yr, like we've put in the second half of this yr, we'll be in the 8.
So have the JT fan boys conceded your messiah has failed again to get us into the 8.
They won't conceed , they'll be digging in their high heels .

Persistant poor team selections have cost us big time .
Offical member of the MCK fan club.

Newtown
Member
Member
Posts: 5219
Joined: Fri 28 Sep, 2012 8:40 am

Post by Newtown » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 9:39 am

I can't see how it was a good loss. We have lost our best player for the season and the grub culprit has got off scot free.

Pawsandclaws
Member
Member
Posts: 2609
Joined: Sat 20 Jun, 2015 5:53 pm

Post by Pawsandclaws » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 9:45 am

hobbo2803 wrote:
Pawsandclaws wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:A good loss at a bad time. If we put in next yr, like we've put in the second half of this yr, we'll be in the 8.
So have the JT fan boys conceded your messiah has failed again to get us into the 8.
They won't conceed , they'll be digging in their high heels .

Persistant poor team selections have cost us big time .
I agree with what you have written.

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 20111
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 9:46 am

hobbo2803 wrote:
Pawsandclaws wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:A good loss at a bad time. If we put in next yr, like we've put in the second half of this yr, we'll be in the 8.
So have the JT fan boys conceded your messiah has failed again to get us into the 8.
They won't conceed , they'll be digging in their high heels .

Persistant poor team selections have cost us big time .
And where does Buckets share of the blame come into it? He was supposed to have been the one who rubber stamped team selections. Higher ups would not allow a player on almost 1 million dollars to languish in reserves if JT was the only one who had an issue with said player.

Post Reply