foreveratiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Re: A pretty good loss

Unread post by foreveratiger » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 9:59 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
hobbo2803 wrote:
Pawsandclaws wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:A good loss at a bad time. If we put in next yr, like we've put in the second half of this yr, we'll be in the 8.
So have the JT fan boys conceded your messiah has failed again to get us into the 8.
They won't conceed , they'll be digging in their high heels .

Persistant poor team selections have cost us big time .
And where does Buckets share of the blame come into it? He was supposed to have been the one who rubber stamped team selections. Higher ups would not allow a player on almost 1 million dollars to languish in reserves if JT was the only one who had an issue with said player.
Can always rely on buckets to come into the discussion after a loss....
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

hobbo
Has liked: 80 times
Been liked: 71 times

Unread post by hobbo » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 10:00 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Pawsandclaws wrote:You described it as a good loss and then the promise of next year! Always next year! You and the other squaddies talked it up big time after last week and haven't delivered. I am just as disappointed as the next supporter but realistic; JT needs to be shown the door (he should have been sacked last year) but accountability within the club is selective.
You're very naive if you think the higher ups would allow JT to do what he's done without their approval.
Well if that's the case (only going on what TT has posted ) the lot should be shown the door ....buckets /Taylor & Pascoe !
Why was Pascoe released from the Panthers?
We seem to get all the duds that John West rejected !
EPL 2014/15 Predict 6
Competition ...CHAMPION !
Winner of the 2016 $$$$
Work tipping comp !

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 152 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 10:09 am

hobbo2803 wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Pawsandclaws wrote:You described it as a good loss and then the promise of next year! Always next year! You and the other squaddies talked it up big time after last week and haven't delivered. I am just as disappointed as the next supporter but realistic; JT needs to be shown the door (he should have been sacked last year) but accountability within the club is selective.
You're very naive if you think the higher ups would allow JT to do what he's done without their approval.
Well if that's the case (only going on what TT has posted ) the lot should be shown the door ....buckets /Taylor & Pascoe !
Why was Pascoe released from the Panthers?
We seem to get all the duds that John West rejected !
Pascoe has re-signed half a dozen players, club memberships are at an all time high, and we're still in contention for the finals. We haven't gone this deep into a season since 2011-12. A real dud.

Gary Bakerloo
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times

Unread post by Gary Bakerloo » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 10:11 am

Without seeing a stat and based on what I saw, Titans were only the better team by virtue of making less errors with the ball.

For the life of me, I can't remember at Titans line break. Our defensive line was only breached once through the kick to the in-goal and the Titans other three tries came off the back of two intercepts and bomb. Admittedly our first try was lucky, but we broke their defensive line with our other two tries.

foreveratiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by foreveratiger » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 10:12 am

TYGA wrote:Playing at home on front of 16k fans with our season on the line and we lose in this fashion.
Whist proud of the effort can't fault the boys its one of our most heart breaking losses in recent memory.

Read some of the key stats and we should never lose a game like this when leading 8-0.

Possession 51%-49% Tigers.
Missed Tackles WT 17 GC 33
Metres 1637 Tigers 1444 GC
Penalties 9-5 in favour of theTigers
WT 28 Completed Sets to GC 26
WT Offloads 15-9 GC
Line Breaks 3-2 Tigers
Tackles 287 Wt to 343 GC.
Errors 11 WT 13 GC

2 intercept tries were the difference and goal kicking.
This confirms that as a team we are not as good as some have been saying and that is why we rely to much on individual brilliance from some players.
We try hard....give em that but some players who are in 1st Grade is laughable to say the least.

We played the best game last week which I call it " we played our semi's ", yesterday get a bumper crowd and deliver that? Can blame the Refs all you like and even i thought they were poor yesterday, but that was a game we should of won....I tipped the Titans cause I knew we were starting to read to much press about ourselves.

Moses might come good in a few years but no where near the "King Moses " hype, doesn't know how to control a game and the decisions to keep going for goal is just ridiculous.
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

Byron Bay Fan
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 30 times

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 10:15 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
hobbo2803 wrote:
Pawsandclaws wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:A good loss at a bad time. If we put in next yr, like we've put in the second half of this yr, we'll be in the 8.
So have the JT fan boys conceded your messiah has failed again to get us into the 8.

And where does Buckets share of the blame come into it? He was supposed to have been the one who rubber stamped team selections. Higher ups would not allow a player on almost 1 million dollars to languish in reserves if JT was the only one who had an issue with said player.
at play level there does not seem any issue between players, or if was did not effect Farah's final games in first grade - any other matters don't matter if there were no police charges and nothing so serious to be suspended from play like happened with Mitch Pearce. Forget the sooks and get serious about getting into finals, but afraid too late.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

upthetigers
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Unread post by upthetigers » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 10:26 am

I'm gutted but it was always gonna be a tough ask to make the 8. The Titans are underrated. Can't really blame it on intercept tries, we've scored plenty of those ourselves this season.

Moving forward the lesson is to be more consistent throughout the season. We lost 6 straight early in the season. The good teams don't do that and we left too much work to do.

You can blame it on the goalkicking, the lack of execution, but the effort was there. That try before halftime really hurt (as it has done this season) and if that Moses conversion that hit the post goes over we probably win. Ugh. Regardless, I am proud to be a Wests Tigers supporter.

stevetiger

Unread post by stevetiger » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 11:02 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
hobbo2803 wrote:
Pawsandclaws wrote:

My criticism of Taylor should be directed at the club and it is when it comes to not picking Robbie. It's poor form but it's also dumb.

It's cost us as well.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 47 times

Unread post by formerguest » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 12:00 pm

A hard loss to cop because we only really lost it in the most important area, being the final score. Moses was hot and cold, it happens. His opposite was no better, but kicked a one pointer.

Flippedy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by Flippedy » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 12:19 pm

Sorry AHX but it was actually the worse possible loss because it means our season is gone!
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

cktiger
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 13 times

Unread post by cktiger » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 12:51 pm

What's everybody sooking about?
Don't you listen to our mastercoach?
It's never been about the result , it's about the effort.

Gary Bakerloo
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times

Unread post by Gary Bakerloo » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 12:55 pm

cktiger wrote:What's everybody sooking about?
Sorry....who's sooking? The thread is making the point that the effort of the team was excellent.

Pawsandclaws
Been liked: 46 times

Unread post by Pawsandclaws » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 1:11 pm

Finally, someone has it. It's all about the effort, wins don't count.

Has liked: 322 times
Been liked: 77 times

Unread post by 851 » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 1:52 pm

Knuckles wrote:A good loss is loser talk.
Yep I never cop that, even when I play sport you want to win everytime, and if you don't you are dirty about it, we have been a club happy to have a narrow loss for years, and I have never liked it.
Go hard or go home

tigermac88
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by tigermac88 » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 2:00 pm

cktiger wrote:What's everybody sooking about?
Yeh that's the general spin we get isn't it

Return to “Round 23: Wests Tigers vs Gold Coast Titans”