Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 258 times
Been liked: 399 times

Re: We can still win without Tedesco: Wests Tigers

Unread post by Geo. » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 12:07 am

MRC will change that..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

stevied
Been liked: 5 times

Unread post by stevied » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 12:24 am

I think that if we play to the very best of our ability we have a chance to win three games and make the eight. However, I don't like our chances. Tedesco provides our x factor in attack and is an inspiration to the rest of the team with his heavy involvement and wholehearted effort.

Regarding the high shot and injury, there's no question James should have been sent off. To me it was a deliberate high tackle to the head, similar to many other cheap shots Tedesco has copped during the year. I agree with another comment that the elite players in the game should be protected. Tedesco is one of the bravest players in the game and never hesitates going for the ball when there are players bearing down on him. He should not have to pay for this bravery with a broken jaw. It was a cowardly, dog act.
Last edited by stevied on Sun 14 Aug, 2016 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Flippedy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by Flippedy » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 1:31 am

The ship has already sailed Wests Tigers - no good talking about next week, we needed to win them all to make it.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

gallagher
Has liked: 122 times
Been liked: 62 times

Unread post by gallagher » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 2:16 am

Byron Bay Fan wrote:this thread reminds me of that Monty Python sketch how he kept fighting without his arms , legs etc...

Of course we can win without Robbie, ditto for James Tedesco, ditto for Moses
Nothing but a flesh wound.
A strong finish to the season will show our resolve.

bathursttiger
Has liked: 376 times
Been liked: 86 times

Unread post by bathursttiger » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 4:50 am

cunno wrote:The nrl and Todd iceberg need to take a new look at how talented players like Teddy should be protected more, the amount of times he has been tackled high this year is sickening and the refs rarely pick it up. Another bug bear is that in this instance it looks to be the case that Tedesco gets whacked possible broken jaw and is lost for the game yet the offender, James gets to play on b.s.
100% spot on and to make matters worse James wasn't even put on report. What a joke.

bathursttiger
Has liked: 376 times
Been liked: 86 times

Unread post by bathursttiger » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 4:54 am

Knowing the MRC Teddy will be changed for atacking James arm.

Tigerdave
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Unread post by Tigerdave » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 5:15 am

We can, but it'll be harder.

I assume Rankin will be at fullback? who'll be on the wing and if Rankin is at the back, surely they'll have to bring Robbie back in to cover for Dene?

NT Tiger
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 39 times

Unread post by NT Tiger » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 6:06 am

cunno wrote:
hobbo2803 wrote:
cunno wrote:The nrl and Todd iceberg need to take a new look at how talented players like Teddy should be protected more, the amount of times he has been tackled high this year is sickening and the refs rarely pick it up. Another bug bear is that in this instance it looks to be the case that Tedesco gets whacked possible broken jaw and is lost for the game yet the offender, James gets to play on b.s.
Agree , it's total crap .
What ever happened to the send off rule ??
Exactly or at least sin bin so the team offended against gets some immediate redress.
Wake up NRL! I wonder what would have happened if golden boy of the moment Hayne had been injured in that way?
"Quality Stupidity"

NT Tiger

Unread post by NT Tiger » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 6:12 am

Tigerdave wrote:We can, but it'll be harder.

I assume Rankin will be at fullback? who'll be on the wing and if Rankin is at the back, surely they'll have to bring Robbie back in to cover for Dene?
I don't understand the penchant for wanting to bring reserve graders up into the starting 17. Leave Robbie where he is. He needs time to develop his ball delivery and combinations with the 1/2s.
"Quality Stupidity"

goldcoast tiger
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 67 times

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 7:41 am

NT Tiger wrote:

I don't understand the penchant for wanting to bring reserve graders up into the starting 17. Leave Robbie where he is. He needs time to develop his ball delivery and combinations with the 1/2s.
So you don't want to win then ???????

Byron Bay Fan
Has liked: 53 times
Been liked: 52 times

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 7:48 am

the halves are being decimated along with the fullback. All the youngsters are copping a hiding. We need a strong flag bearer in there holding the show together.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Sco77y
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by Sco77y » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 8:31 am

bathursttiger wrote:
100% spot on and to make matters worse James wasn't even put on report. What a joke.
The penalty needs to be a lot harsher. If it's deemed that a player has deliberately injured someone, causing them to spend any amount of time on the sideline then I'd be happy to see them suspended for something like half the season. It's really not fair, as others have said to have people targeting your best players with cheap shots because they know they have a better chance of winning if they take them out. One of the lowest acts in the game.. Would be hard to govern though, would be a big decision to try and determine what was deliberate or not but it would be a massive deterrent for dogs like James.

Gary Bakerloo
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times

Unread post by Gary Bakerloo » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 8:37 am

James should be suspended till the second week of the finals.

NT Tiger

Unread post by NT Tiger » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 8:38 am

goldcoast tiger wrote:
NT Tiger wrote:

If course I want to see WT win. I just don't believe that the legend has enough individual brilliance to make up for his effect on the team. I'd rather see the team continue to develop without him.
"Quality Stupidity"

Tigerdave
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Unread post by Tigerdave » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 8:47 am

NT Tiger wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
NT Tiger wrote:

If course I want to see WT win. I just don't believe that the legend has enough individual brilliance to make up for his effect on the team. I'd rather see the team continue to develop without him.
Well he was going alright off the bench and Dene can't play the full 80, so......what other options would there be?

NT Tiger

Unread post by NT Tiger » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 9:10 am

Yes he was doing alright off the bench and I was as surprised as anyone he was moved to reserve grade. I just can't see Jason Taylor messing with the team structure that exists without him.
"Quality Stupidity"

eyewonder
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by eyewonder » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 9:14 am

hope springs eternal .
we probably played our grand final last week.
they arent easybeats any more,which we have all wanted.

NJLM78
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by NJLM78 » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 9:15 am

NT Tiger wrote:
cunno wrote:
hobbo2803 wrote:
Agree , it's total crap .
What ever happened to the send off rule ??
Exactly or at least sin bin so the team offended against gets some immediate redress.
Wake up NRL! I wonder what would have happened if golden boy of the moment Hayne had been injured in that way?

3 people would have been sent off. The tackler and the two closest players standing nearby.

Return to “Round 23: Wests Tigers vs Gold Coast Titans”