cunno

Re: We can still win without Tedesco: Wests Tigers

Post by cunno » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 9:17 am

NJLM78 wrote:
NT Tiger wrote:
cunno wrote:
hobbo2803 wrote:
Agree , it's total crap .
What ever happened to the send off rule ??
Exactly or at least sin bin so the team offended against gets some immediate redress.
Wake up NRL! I wonder what would have happened if golden boy of the moment Hayne had been injured in that way?

3 people would have been sent off. The tackler and the two closest players standing nearby.
And the camera man recording for the fox red button would have been made redundant

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 9:21 am

Well Hayne blah blah blah...pffft

I'm still thinking of Teddy so shattered for him......speedy recovery....
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 9:34 am

Robbie will have to play first grade next week. No doubt about it. He has put in the last couple of weeks in reserves and I would definitely expect him to put everything into first grade this week and the remainder of the season. Strange how things pan out. The club also needs the inspiration which Farah can deliver if he is on song.

tigerap

Post by tigerap » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 9:39 am

cunno wrote:The nrl and Todd iceberg need to take a new look at how talented players like Teddy should be protected more, the amount of times he has been tackled high this year is sickening and the refs rarely pick it up. Another bug bear is that in this instance it looks to be the case that Tedesco gets whacked possible broken jaw and is lost for the game yet the offender, James gets to play on b.s.
Exactly right...Teddy's head is deliberately targeted by opposing teams, its been like that all year and it annoys me how our Coach does not make a bigger deal over the illegal play toward him...

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 10:18 am

I knew taylor would be responsible for teddy's injury.

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 10:21 am

tigerap wrote:
cunno wrote:The nrl and Todd iceberg need to take a new look at how talented players like Teddy should be protected more, the amount of times he has been tackled high this year is sickening and the refs rarely pick it up. Another bug bear is that in this instance it looks to be the case that Tedesco gets whacked possible broken jaw and is lost for the game yet the offender, James gets to play on b.s.
Exactly right...Teddy's head is deliberately targeted by opposing teams, its been like that all year and it annoys me how our Coach does not make a bigger deal over the illegal play toward him...
That's what pissed me off yesterday after what happened to Teddy, there is no Mongrel in our Forwards.....we needed to get dirty after that hit on Teddy and our pack surrended.
Gee if that happened to a Bulldogs back i bet my bottom dollar James Graham and Co. Would of gone to War.
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 10:45 am

foreveratiger wrote:
tigerap wrote:
That's what pissed me off yesterday after what happened to Teddy, there is no Mongrel in our Forwards.....we needed to get dirty after that hit on Teddy and our pack surrended.
Gee if that happened to a Bulldogs back i bet my bottom dollar James Graham and Co. Would of gone to War.
Agree, when it comes to sticking up for your mates , our pack is soft !
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

tigermac88

Post by tigermac88 » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 2:10 pm

foreveratiger wrote:
tigerap wrote:
100%... I just said a similar thing in another thread. The dominant forward packs don't cop that rubbish against one of their team mates

tigermac88

Post by tigermac88 » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 2:13 pm

gallagher wrote:I knew taylor would be responsible for teddy's injury.
Nobody is blaming JT, but would it be so bad if he come out in a press conference once in a while in defence of his team?

Gary Bakerloo

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 2:15 pm

foreveratiger wrote:
tigerap wrote:
They scored two tries. I value that more than a square up.

ricksen

Post by ricksen » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 4:57 pm

Ryan James grade two careless high tackle charge on James Tedesco that resulted in broken jaw. One week with early plea or guilty.

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 5:09 pm

ricksen wrote:Ryan James grade two careless high tackle charge on James Tedesco that resulted in broken jaw. One week with early plea or guilty.

Absolute BS

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 5:36 pm

Gary Bakerloo wrote:
foreveratiger wrote:
tigerap wrote:

Me too! If only one of them could've been converted! Would've have been the ultimate square up then :(
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 8:19 pm

Gary Bakerloo wrote:
foreveratiger wrote:
tigerap wrote:
You don't get it, not talking about punching on and crap like that I'm talking about rushing up in there face and hitting them in tackles with intent, we didn't do that after the Teddy hit.
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

shakey4d

Post by shakey4d » Mon 15 Aug, 2016 7:53 am

innsaneink wrote:Ryan James wasnt put on report for his high shot on Teddy

He was penalised for being offside in the kick chase
He is facing a one week suspension.

From NRL :
Titans prop Ryan James has been charged with a grade two careless high tackle for his hit on Tigers fullback James Tedesco, one of three players cited by the NRL match review committee from the three Saturday games in Round 23 of the NRL Telstra Premiership.

James, who has one prior non-similar offence in the past two years, would serve a one-match ban if he accepts an early guilty plea or is found guilty at the judiciary.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 15 Aug, 2016 8:14 am

If this team has truly turned a corner, they will go out and do it without Teddy.

Another part of the old culture was to sit back and let Farah or Benji pull a game out of the fire. 17 players out there, all 17 need to chip in and earn the win.
"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Mon 15 Aug, 2016 8:27 am

I would probably be the most passionate Wests Tiger supporter on this forum,as are many more of my forum friends,however,even though we have had a crucial player sidelined because of a cheap shot and the coach has to reshuffle the team to compensate for the loss of Teddy,we still have games to play before the end of the regular season..Now I'm a realist and understand that injuries happen and it can happen to players in any position,what Iam alluding to is,if we don't make the finals or the 8 because we get beaten by better teams minus one of our main players and the team goes out there and gives their all,then Iam still happy with the way this team and coaching staff have performed during the year which has been tumultuous to say the least....There is definitely a much better platform built for next year and finals could be a certainty if all goes well.As much as people are striving for a finals birth,we have to be realistic about our chances,the early losses,huge loss to Raiders and now injuries we haven't had a drastic year,improvement is showing every week,the younger players are developing into NRL players and the team is playing for each other and their coach...

Don't get me wrong,nothing would make me happier than making the 8,having said that,Iam absolutely wrapped that our team is making steady progress in the right direction,something that has been a long time coming,next year the ride will be even more exciting if they keep going the way they have been these few weeks...

WestsTigers....my team... :D
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Mon 15 Aug, 2016 2:26 pm

Brooks to play against the Panthers apparently...it will be interesting to see how Brooks and Moses handle the team playmaker roles with Teddy out..Teddy and Moses against the Titans no Brooks...Moses and Brooks against the Panthers no Teddy....this will be interesting to say the least...one thing for sure the whole team has to stay solid and look after each other as well as play for each other,these last 3 rounds will test their intestinal fortitude..I think they will really dig deep,just my opinion, but they have been really good as a team these last few weeks....
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D