Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 3 times

Re: Why are some reviewed and not others

Unread post by wd in perth » Mon 15 Aug, 2016 9:24 am

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Boonboon2 wrote:
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Russell wrote:
Luv ya Mate - but you really need to stop mentioning Farah in every one of your posts.
Your Honour, the day that Woods' captaincy announced I objected. When I seen young Moses giving him instructions that confirmed it even more. It is not just the lack of protest but many aspects. He should have stood up to JT re selections as well - just as a previous captain used to.
Yeah thats why we were so successful with the previous captain as captain when he took us to 15th, 14th the last couple of years I mean that was amazing captaincy. He was such a good captain that he divided the club year after year across 3 coaches.
It was mainly due to injuries and his own absence due to rep duties. Then the season was blown and the team never got in the running again. Also they sold off many of our better players. I think Hindmarsh was capt of Parramatta and they were not successful - no slight on him.
Yeah, yeah, of course it was. :roll:
Anyway, apart from the old "all refs hate us" argument I have no idea why we rarely get the rub of the green. I think Cam Smith gets his way not because he's Melbournes captain but rather Australia's captain.

Byron Bay Fan
Has liked: 53 times
Been liked: 52 times

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Mon 15 Aug, 2016 10:17 am

larrycorowa wrote:
Byron Bay Fan wrote:once upon I believe we had a captain who did protest against such injustices and he did make slack players feel the heat as well but that is not allowable these days
Keith Barnes?
I was a maggy supporter so didn't follow Barnes much except for his goal kicking. I doubt the troops needed an earful then like they did the past few years. Laughable defence at times and passes to the Black Stump. Guys like Sattler stood out in those days as toughies I don't recall Barnes exalting revenge - but a more recent Tigers capt certainly held up his own when picked on in a scrum against the Cows.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

supercoach
Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 94 times

Unread post by supercoach » Mon 15 Aug, 2016 10:52 am

The bottom line, every game in the NRL a team gets a bad call or two. Don't want to sound like Taylor, but good teams put the bad calls behind them and get on with the job of winning. We had a million sets in the first half and could not construct a half decent attack raid.

Maybe captains challenge might be a way to go, the bunker just slows the game down

Return to “Round 23: Wests Tigers vs Gold Coast Titans”