Why are some reviewed and not others

hugh1954
Been liked: 12 times

Why are some reviewed and not others

Unread post by hugh1954 » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 2:24 pm

:evil: I know we lost because we couldn't kick a field goal or a penalty goal BUT !!!!!!!! WHY is it not reviewed when the ball is slapped out of a player about to play the ball and then when our player is asked to play the ball as the ref called short of the line and then all the Titans blow up and he reviews it and we lose the possession (Titans Score). Another call was when Tedesco had the ball taken out off his hands over the try line and it was clear that a titan player last touched the ball AND NO REVIEW (Titans Score). Is it all up to how much a team blows up versus how much a team doesn't protest. It has to be NO REVIEW or REVIEW all vital calls. OR am i missing something here :crazy

glebe_tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by glebe_tiger » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 2:43 pm

Because we are the wests tigers we are predestined to have things not go our way even when its plain for all to see.

NT Tiger
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 17 times

Unread post by NT Tiger » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 3:16 pm

If we had Greg Birds ugly mug whining at the refs after every play, we'd get a lot more calls. Im sure they give penalties just to shut him up. Wouldn't you?
"Quality Stupidity"

Masterton
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 28 times

Unread post by Masterton » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 3:26 pm

hugh1954 wrote::evil: I know we lost because we couldn't kick a field goal or a penalty goal BUT !!!!!!!! WHY is it not reviewed when the ball is slapped out of a player about to play the ball and then when our player is asked to play the ball as the ref called short of the line and then all the Titans blow up and he reviews it and we lose the possession (Titans Score). Another call was when Tedesco had the ball taken out off his hands over the try line and it was clear that a titan player last touched the ball AND NO REVIEW (Titans Score). Is it all up to how much a team blows up versus how much a team doesn't protest. It has to be NO REVIEW or REVIEW all vital calls. OR am i missing something here :crazy
A pet hate of mine. There was no way the ref went upstairs to see if that was a try. They were using that as an excuse to check the knock on. A cop out.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

Byron Bay Fan
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 31 times

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 3:34 pm

once upon I believe we had a captain who did protest against such injustices and he did make slack players feel the heat as well but that is not allowable these days
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Kavi

Unread post by Kavi » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 4:18 pm

captains challenge

ricksen
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by ricksen » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 4:22 pm

The Hoffman slap/rake was an incredible non-call. Two referees and a touch judge all within 15m or so, and none of them saw it.

The one that really annoyed me was the Tedesco one-on-one strip that led to a dropout. The on-field referees actually said it was being sent upstairs, and gave the dropout based upon the bunker's advice. Fox eventually showed a replay, and it was clear from the very first angle that it was a strip, and should have been Tigers ball. Baffling decision.

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 169 times
Been liked: 264 times

Unread post by Geo. » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 4:35 pm

Kavi wrote:captains challenge
We had that yesterday when Littlejohn knocked it on ...Cummins ruled held up..play the ball ...the Titans came from everywhere ...so he went..Oh...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Flippedy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by Flippedy » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 4:50 pm

hugh1954 wrote::evil: I know we lost because we couldn't kick a field goal or a penalty goal BUT !!!!!!!! WHY is it not reviewed when the ball is slapped out of a player about to play the ball and then when our player is asked to play the ball as the ref called short of the line and then all the Titans blow up and he reviews it and we lose the possession (Titans Score). Another call was when Tedesco had the ball taken out off his hands over the try line and it was clear that a titan player last touched the ball AND NO REVIEW (Titans Score). Is it all up to how much a team blows up versus how much a team doesn't protest. It has to be NO REVIEW or REVIEW all vital calls. OR am i missing something here :crazy

Dare I say it, but maybe it's because Farah was not there to get in the refs face and force him to review it? Woods is an affable bloke, who tends to just accept every ruling without complaint, much to our detriment. I guess it sometimes pays to be a a belligerent bastard :lol:
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

Russell
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 106 times

Unread post by Russell » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 6:56 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:once upon I believe we had a captain who did protest against such injustices and he did make slack players feel the heat as well but that is not allowable these days
Luv ya Mate - but you really need to stop mentioning Farah in every one of your posts.

GoldXR50Leroy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by GoldXR50Leroy » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 7:16 pm

We need a Captain like the guy from the Storm, knows the rules better than the ref's themselves & can dictate how the game goes, our Captain needs to do a bit more studying of the rule book & let them know.

Byron Bay Fan

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 8:09 pm

Russell wrote:
Byron Bay Fan wrote:once upon I believe we had a captain who did protest against such injustices and he did make slack players feel the heat as well but that is not allowable these days
Luv ya Mate - but you really need to stop mentioning Farah in every one of your posts.
Your Honour, the day that Woods' captaincy announced I objected. When I seen young Moses giving him instructions that confirmed it even more. It is not just the lack of protest but many aspects. He should have stood up to JT re selections as well - just as a previous captain used to.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Boonboon2
Been liked: 19 times

Unread post by Boonboon2 » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 9:01 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Russell wrote:
Your Honour, the day that Woods' captaincy announced I objected. When I seen young Moses giving him instructions that confirmed it even more. It is not just the lack of protest but many aspects. He should have stood up to JT re selections as well - just as a previous captain used to.
Yeah thats why we were so successful with the previous captain as captain when he took us to 15th, 14th the last couple of years I mean that was amazing captaincy. He was such a good captain that he divided the club year after year across 3 coaches.

Byron Bay Fan

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 10:16 pm

Boonboon2 wrote:
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Russell wrote:
Yeah thats why we were so successful with the previous captain as captain when he took us to 15th, 14th the last couple of years I mean that was amazing captaincy. He was such a good captain that he divided the club year after year across 3 coaches.
It was mainly due to injuries and his own absence due to rep duties. Then the season was blown and the team never got in the running again. Also they sold off many of our better players. I think Hindmarsh was capt of Parramatta and they were not successful - no slight on him.

ricksen
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by ricksen » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 11:22 pm

I think I'm more sick of this captaincy debate than the RF vs JT debate.

Woods is a good leader according to literally everyone involved at WT, NSW and the Kangaroos. I'll take their opinions, given they're at the coal face with him on and off the field, as opposed to those who don't rate him because he doesn't yell at the referee as much as they'd like.

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 169 times
Been liked: 264 times

Unread post by Geo. » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 11:53 pm

ricksen wrote:I think I'm more sick of this captaincy debate than the RF vs JT debate.

Woods is a good leader according to literally everyone involved at WT, NSW and the Kangaroos. I'll take their opinions, given they're at the coal face with him on and off the field, as opposed to those who don't rate him because he doesn't yell at the referee as much as they'd like.
Saved me typing...thanks...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

larrycorowa

Unread post by larrycorowa » Mon 15 Aug, 2016 8:31 am

Yeah the pro Farah anti jt crew turn every post into either an inquisition on woods' captaincy, a critique of rankin (being in there view the epitome of jt's poor selections) or a general debasing of our side showing the need for farah's leadership and experience (as if it has done us any good over the past 4yrs).

So predictable agenda driven drivel from the blokes that have been death riding us since the early last year (taylorball rubbish that lasted one game but nearly two seasons in the eyes of some).

larrycorowa

Unread post by larrycorowa » Mon 15 Aug, 2016 8:32 am

Keith Barnes?

Return to “Round 23: Wests Tigers vs Gold Coast Titans”