We'll bounce back next week

Tiger Watto

Re: We'll bounce back next week

Post by Tiger Watto » Tue 16 Aug, 2016 7:50 am

I think we are just a better team than Penrith even without Teddy.

I do however worry when playing teams that are so close if we have the mental application to win the big ones.

I hope our boys go out to smash Cleary... He is there best player!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Tue 16 Aug, 2016 9:25 am

They are a similar team to us but feel they have stepped up a gear in the last couple of weeks.
A bit worried about our strike power without Teddy, and I hope the coach addresses the dh issue when Halatatu goes off - with Rankin most likely going to fullback prob put JLJ on the bench to fill the role.

Tigertigertiger

Post by Tigertigertiger » Tue 16 Aug, 2016 9:48 am

We can win, stop the offloads and attack Cartwright non stop

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Tue 16 Aug, 2016 9:55 am

this team has a god damn more amount of fight ive perhaps ever seen in a wests tigers team (i wasnt around in the 05 era unfortunately)

got good faith they will do everything they can but i said it about 6 or 8 weeks ago, it'll all come down to the raiders game and i think we might just fall short with our point difference

but hey, lets give it a crack and see what happens
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

stryker

Post by stryker » Tue 16 Aug, 2016 12:28 pm

:arrow:
pHyR3 wrote:this team has a god damn more amount of fight ive perhaps ever seen in a wests tigers team (i wasnt around in the 05 era unfortunately)

got good faith they will do everything they can but i said it about 6 or 8 weeks ago, it'll all come down to the raiders game and i think we might just fall short with our point difference

Raiders game is a worry as they are currently the form team of the comp. Great game from them last night. We do however have 2 big challenges before them. Penrith are looking good and Warriors can turn it on when they want to.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 16 Aug, 2016 12:36 pm

The Raiders game will only be relevant if we win the two games before that. If we do we'd be going into that game having won 5 of our last 6 since the bye, and Brooks will be there so it doesn't all fall on Moses shoulders.

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Tue 16 Aug, 2016 7:45 pm

We win this game. I am scared Lovett plays in the centres against Waqa Blake when Halatau comes off. He can single handedly cost us the game plodder if the highest order.

Post by 851 » Tue 16 Aug, 2016 8:20 pm

TYGA wrote:We win this game. I am scared Lovett plays in the centres against Waqa Blake when Halatau comes off. He can single handedly cost us the game plodder if the highest order.
I will be there Friday night, but that is a big concern, one the coach won't or can't see.
Go hard or go home

Winnipeg

Post by Winnipeg » Wed 17 Aug, 2016 10:53 am

they've got some pretty good players, we should try to break their jaws...

greatodensraven

Post by greatodensraven » Wed 17 Aug, 2016 11:22 am

TYGA wrote:We win this game. I am scared Lovett plays in the centres against Waqa Blake when Halatau comes off. He can single handedly cost us the game plodder if the highest order.

Hoping MCK takes Lovett's spot on the bench so he can cover the centres for this move - even if its just for this week.

The other option might be that Edwards will go to hooker when Dene is off - this was JT's original plan a few weeks back iirc.

On the flipside, I hope we swtich JAC to FB for a couple of attacking plays to give him a chance to run at/around Cartwright the way Teddy did in the first game v Panthers earlier this year. Our team is far from perfect but the motivation has been strong over the past couple of months. If we play to our strengths (offloads, 2nd phase play, early ball to our outside backs, etc.) we may be in with a chance.

Our kicking game & completions need to be spot-on from here on in.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 17 Aug, 2016 1:40 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
Winnipeg wrote:Didn't we just beat Prnriff a few weeks ago?

I reckon this is our easiest game left. Wazzas could go either way with how hot and cold they are. Can't see us beating Canberra.

Yeh, I agree
While its a slim chance we are still alive
If you told me at the start of the year we 'd be a chance at the semis come round 24, Id have have laughed

One game at a time....just Penrith, not all three
Yes, with a lot of help from Farah, but we won't talk about that
Without him too, but we won't talk about that either.
Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest!

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Wed 17 Aug, 2016 2:54 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
Winnipeg wrote:Didn't we just beat Prnriff a few weeks ago?

I reckon this is our easiest game left. Wazzas could go either way with how hot and cold they are. Can't see us beating Canberra.

Yeh, I agree
While its a slim chance we are still alive
If you told me at the start of the year we 'd be a chance at the semis come round 24, Id have have laughed

One game at a time....just Penrith, not all three
Yes, with a lot of help from Farah, but we won't talk about that
Without him too, but we won't talk about that either.
CB, dont you know that we arent allowed to have a differing opinion to GCT when it comes to Farah,as he said to me when I supported JT in a thread"dont want to spoil the lovefest"....
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Wed 17 Aug, 2016 3:02 pm

stryker wrote::arrow:
pHyR3 wrote:this team has a god damn more amount of fight ive perhaps ever seen in a wests tigers team (i wasnt around in the 05 era unfortunately)

Raiders game is a worry as they are currently the form team of the comp. Great game from them last night. We do however have 2 big challenges before them. Penrith are looking good and Warriors can turn it on when they want to.
The Raiders are playing well but some of their strike players are the sort that can go very cold very quickly, like Leilua, Rapana and Wighton. I think we might ambush them after our last game against them. They'll be a little complacent after the hiding they handed us and they'll probably be guaranteed of a top 4 spot going into the game. It's winnable, we're a good enough team now that any game is realistically winnable (which is a nice change).

Gary Bakerloo

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Wed 17 Aug, 2016 5:14 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote: Just think that it's funny how some of you rap on about beating the Panthers, but conveniently forget that we weren't going too well until Farah came on in that game.
But of course He's no good for the team is he??
You can have differing opinions whenever you like, we mostly do.
But that game isn't a good one to use as an example of doing well without Farah.
We are in the best position we have ever been since 2012 and the stats for the year show we win more games without Farah than with.

There are obviously other factors at play with the team's performance that have driven this year, but based on the stats, Farah not playing seems to be a factor.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Wed 17 Aug, 2016 5:24 pm

Stop hijacking the bloody thread GCT... theres's any number of Rf threads you can continue your vigil in

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Wed 17 Aug, 2016 5:44 pm

innsaneink wrote:Stop hijacking the bloody thread GCT... theres's any number of Rf threads you can continue your vigil in
You know what you can do Ink, have a talk to GNR if you want to whinge about posts
Or just go away and stick to your one word smartar** posts
Last edited by goldcoast tiger on Wed 17 Aug, 2016 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Wed 17 Aug, 2016 5:57 pm

Five day turnaround for them.... I like it

willow

Post by willow » Wed 17 Aug, 2016 6:40 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
innsaneink wrote:Stop hijacking the bloody thread GCT... theres's any number of Rf threads you can continue your vigil in
You know what you can do Ink, have a talk to GNR if you want to whinge about posts
Or just go away and stick to your one word smartar** posts
If you continue to go off topic, you may be placed on mod preview. Think about it please. I'm sick to death of Farah being brought up in topics which don't concern him.