We'll bounce back next week

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Re: We'll bounce back next week

Post by formerguest » Sat 13 Aug, 2016 10:53 pm

Down a couple of SOO players for whatever reason, yet because their finals hopes are in their own committed hands, I expect us to make them or go down fighting at the death.

Basically, I haven't given up on my team yet and don't think they have either.

ricksen

Post by ricksen » Sat 13 Aug, 2016 11:20 pm

Penrith are very beatable, so if we return to the form of recent weeks we'll win - with or without Teddy.
I just worry that we'll slip into old habits and cop a hiding.
Big week for Brooks and Moses - and for JT.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 13 Aug, 2016 11:28 pm

hobbo2803 wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:I'm calling it now.

With or without Teddy. Our season is well and truly on the line, and they will know it. We beat Penrith, and we're back in the game. We need a couple results to go our way, but none that aren't unrealistic. My gut after the Cowboys game was we could turn up today a bit flat today. The gut tonight is telling me we'll keep our season alive for another week next Friday night.
:roll:
its season over !
We couldn't get up at a packed home ground today . What makes you think we'll beat Penrith at Penrith ?
...and without Tedseco !
I bet the Warriors fans thought Souff's were no chance either...Sharkies Fans had already banked the 2... :roll: :roll:
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Sat 13 Aug, 2016 11:54 pm

If we look at the sides left for the 7/8th positions we have a slim chance.

Titans 25 points play Knights at Newcastle (W) Panthers at GC (W) Cowboys Away (L) will end on 29 points.
Panthers 24 points play Knights away (W), Wests at Penrith (W), GC Away (L), Sea Eagles one (W) 30 points
Warriors 24 points play Cowboys Away (L), Wests at home (L), Eels at home (w) end on 26 points
Wests 24 points play Panthers Away (L), Warriors Away (W) Canberra at LO (W) end on 28 points.
I am assuming Canberra will have nothing to play for round 26 and will bet the cue i the rack.

With our for and against it looks like we need to win 3/4 remaining games if most results go to plan.
Todays loss was huge as is next weeks game at Penrith. If we lose this our seasons most likely over.
You never know your luck however, we need the Knights to spring a few upsets.

notarealtiger

Post by notarealtiger » Mon 15 Aug, 2016 1:05 am

There's only three games left so we'd have to win them all to make it. It's truly do or die now.

My head's telling me the season is over but I have this nagging suspicion there's a lot more fight left in this team. If Rankin goes alright at fullback and Broses fire we might just beat Penrith. And if we beat Penrith, I'm close to certain we'll beat the Warriors and Raiders.

All comes down to this game.

Winnipeg

Post by Winnipeg » Mon 15 Aug, 2016 3:51 am

Didn't we just beat Prnriff a few weeks ago?

I reckon this is our easiest game left. Wazzas could go either way with how hot and cold they are. Can't see us beating Canberra.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 15 Aug, 2016 4:06 am

maxxy86 wrote:One thing I'll give our coach is that he's straight down the middle......he doesn't lead you on or make things up. Looms like Brooks will be back which will help Moses out.
Doesn't make things up ???
:roll
Even ET was bewildered as to why JT was saying that Farah wasn't giving early ball to the halves, and said so.
Funny that he was on the field with Farah , and thought that Farah was playing well
Mr honesty must have been having a bad day :roll:

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 15 Aug, 2016 5:36 am

Winnipeg wrote:Didn't we just beat Prnriff a few weeks ago?

I reckon this is our easiest game left. Wazzas could go either way with how hot and cold they are. Can't see us beating Canberra.

Yeh, I agree
While its a slim chance we are still alive
If you told me at the start of the year we 'd be a chance at the semis come round 24, Id have have laughed

One game at a time....just Penrith, not all three

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Mon 15 Aug, 2016 6:05 am

They will have a dig, but will fall short again. I just hope they don't have teams like the dragons finish in front of them. They deserve to finish no worse than about 9th

cunno

Post by cunno » Mon 15 Aug, 2016 6:42 am

maxxy86 wrote:One thing I'll give our coach is that he's straight down the middle......he doesn't lead you on or make things up. Looms like Brooks will be back which will help Moses out.
As long as he does his share of defence

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Mon 15 Aug, 2016 7:00 am

Geez I'm glad I don't rely on this forum for my daily motivation. I think WT have now demonstrated they are a team. As such there is less a dependence on being carried by any individual. Yes losing Tedesco is a major blow but not insurmountable. Everyone will have to be on their game and play solid but it's doable. You never know, Panthers may think they have it the bag now that Tedesco is out. Especially if they read this forum. Wests Tigers by one unconverted try.
"Quality Stupidity"

Knuckles

Post by Knuckles » Mon 15 Aug, 2016 7:27 am

The last time we had a heartbreaking loss to the Storm, the opposition put 60 on us the following week.
Panthers 13+ for mine.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 15 Aug, 2016 8:10 am

Christ wouldn't want to be in the trenches with some of you blokes.

Panthers are playing good footy, but they're very beatable.
It's not cruelty to animals if you inject enough amphetamines.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

TopTiger

Post by TopTiger » Mon 15 Aug, 2016 8:55 am

Penrith are patchy but when they click they can score a lot of points quickly. The Tigers will have to play at the level they produced against the Cowboys and force Penrith into errors by aggressive defence. I can't see the Tigers scoring more than 20 points without Teddy.

willow

Post by willow » Mon 15 Aug, 2016 4:08 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:Christ wouldn't want to be in the trenches with some of you blokes.

Panthers are playing good footy, but they're very beatable.
Beatable yes, but at home I think they'll be too strong for us. We'll really need to bash them up the middle if we're any chance.

WestsSupporter

Post by WestsSupporter » Mon 15 Aug, 2016 4:16 pm

This game is a must win because if we do, we take two points off the Panthers, who we are in direction contention with.
Extremely frustrated fan. Try not to let my negativity get to you.

stryker

Post by stryker » Mon 15 Aug, 2016 11:33 pm

We can beat them but only if we shut down their offloads.
Last time they offloaded at will and due to our scramble and some mistakes they failed to capitalise as they were entitled to.

We also had Teddy target them with evasive runs last time. Broses have to run it a lot...especially Brooks. Gonna be tough but we are playing well enough to get the cash.

Russell

Post by Russell » Tue 16 Aug, 2016 7:38 am

[quote="stryker"]We can beat them but only if we shut down their offloads.
Last time they offloaded at will and due to our scramble and some mistakes they failed to capitalise as they were entitled to.

We also had Teddy target them with evasive runs last time. Broses have to run it a lot...especially Brooks. Gonna be tough but we are playing well enough to get the cash.[/quote

Agree with stopping the off loads - they can kill you.