Does Farah come in?

cunno

Re: Does Farah come in?

Post by cunno » Fri 19 Aug, 2016 10:49 pm

I can't see Taylor selecting Farah, imagine if we won, it would be too much. No I think Farah should be left out and let Taylor continue on with the team he wants he's the coach, can't see us winning another game this year, tonight was an absolute disgrace and whilst the players were the ones on the field fumbling and bumbling around, Taylor is at least just as culpable if not more so.

Magpie Magic

Post by Magpie Magic » Fri 19 Aug, 2016 10:52 pm

tigers2005 wrote:interesting andrew johns saying moses is a halfback not a 5/8. that he should be number 7 and running the show. maybe brooks has to go back to reserve grade. and maybe you play a big 5/8 like sironen, who csn tackle but also pass if has too.
Still
Haven't reccovered from watching Sirro against Raiders.
Moses at half and captain and Sirro at 5/8.
Maybe Johns wants to destroy club!

It just gets worse.

tigers2005

Post by tigers2005 » Fri 19 Aug, 2016 10:56 pm

Magpie Magic wrote:
tigers2005 wrote:interesting andrew johns saying moses is a halfback not a 5/8. that he should be number 7 and running the show. maybe brooks has to go back to reserve grade. and maybe you play a big 5/8 like sironen, who csn tackle but also pass if has too.
Still
Haven't reccovered from watching Sirro against Raiders.
Moses at half and captain and Sirro at 5/8.
Maybe Johns wants to destroy club!

It just gets worse.
I really think moses has to take the reins and be our halfback. Brooks looked better on his debut then he does now with 60 games under his belt. I reckon Moses to halfback, sirro has been looking good in reggies.

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Fri 19 Aug, 2016 10:58 pm

They should beg Farah to come back - publicly.

Magpie Magic

Post by Magpie Magic » Fri 19 Aug, 2016 11:05 pm

Seems Moses is a type of player who can look good at 40 to 10.
This is a problem because he detracts from Brooks game is the prime reason Farah is in 2nds and the team is in the lower mid table.
He needs to take more of a back seat role and pick his moments where he can be a match winner.
Not a good organiser.

Kavi

Post by Kavi » Fri 19 Aug, 2016 11:08 pm

Magpie Magic wrote:Seems Moses is a type of player who can look good at 40 to 10.
This is a problem because he detracts from Brooks game is the prime reason Farah is in 2nds and the team is in the lower mid table.
He needs to take more of a back seat role and pick his moments where he can be a match winner.
Not a good organiser.
so its brooks that is kicking straight to matt moylan...
moses might take a back seat when brooks steps up his game, if he steps up his game

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Fri 19 Aug, 2016 11:08 pm

Has to now ....Robbie owns the Warriors...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Fri 19 Aug, 2016 11:09 pm

Magpie Magic wrote:Seems Moses is a type of player who can look good at 40 to 10.
Not a good organiser.
Moses is going to be a champion - they need to build the team around him.
He should always be in the drivers seat - get blokes around him who can take advantage of his skill set .
PS Farah knew that yonks ago.
Last edited by cktiger on Fri 19 Aug, 2016 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Magpie Magic

Post by Magpie Magic » Fri 19 Aug, 2016 11:10 pm

Might go for 50 next week...
And 60 against Canberra.

Kavi

Post by Kavi » Fri 19 Aug, 2016 11:13 pm

cktiger wrote:
Not a good organiser.
He should always be in the drivers seat - get blokes around him who can take advantage of his skill set .
PS Farah knew that yonks ago.
they need to build the team around him and teddy
his game and personality have matured so much

Magpie Magic

Post by Magpie Magic » Fri 19 Aug, 2016 11:15 pm

cktiger wrote:
Not a good organiser.
Obviously kicking in general play and goal kicking are not amongst his skill set.
As for champion i hope it dosent take 200 games!

And his a good player but you cant build a team around him.
Too much of an individual rather than a team leader.

Kavi

Post by Kavi » Fri 19 Aug, 2016 11:19 pm

Magpie Magic wrote:
cktiger wrote:
Not a good organiser.
Obviously kicking in general play and goal kicking are not amongst his skill set.

i would say that about brooks... ( i dont hate brooks despite several posts about him tonight)

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Fri 19 Aug, 2016 11:20 pm

Magpie Magic wrote:
cktiger wrote:
Not a good organiser.

Not a team leader? That's why he was captain when our 'other captains ' weren't there?

Gary Bakerloo

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Fri 19 Aug, 2016 11:22 pm

No - we finally held the ball from about the 57th minute and he was able to control the game.

Scary stat.....40-4 at 57 minutes. Penrith were 24/28 completions, Wests were 13/18. We held the ball for 13 times in 57 minutes - that is nuts.

Sure enough from 57 minutes, we held the ball and dominated through the middle and we won the last 23 minutes 6-0 with Moses taking control.

Magpie Magic

Post by Magpie Magic » Fri 19 Aug, 2016 11:29 pm

Kavi wrote:
Magpie Magic wrote:
cktiger wrote:
Not a good organiser.

i would say that about brooks... ( i dont hate brooks despite several posts about him tonight)
Your right and its part of the problem. When Brooks debuted he had Marshall as a foil and even though Anasta was a terrible buy his experience made Brooks a better player.
That year when potter was coach and we were 4th we had a well balanced team till tedfy and Farah got injured and then origin took Woods. Brooks was good then.
Trouble now is Moses is too dominant so that detracts from Brooks game but at the same time its not leading to good team work. He just looks good.
IMO if this is going to work Moses must play like a young benji choosing his moments and Brooks must develop as the organiser. Farah needed to be a foil.

Otherwise we won't make semis for a while.

Boonboon2

Post by Boonboon2 » Sun 21 Aug, 2016 3:37 pm

This thread is null and void because Robbie pulled out this weekend so wouldn't have been available anyway for FG so wouldnt have mattered if he was selected for FG or not.

InBenjiWeTrust

Post by InBenjiWeTrust » Sun 21 Aug, 2016 4:11 pm

westTAHger wrote:To give wests tiges best chance of winning: :pray:
would like to see Jordan Rankin to fullback, Josh Ado-Carr on the wing, and at least Robbie on the bench. :idea:
it's up to the coach, not us. ;)
As I pointed elsewhere, our prima donna is not injured for the FG but cannot play NSW cup, please explain.

stevied

Post by stevied » Mon 22 Aug, 2016 12:03 am

I think a lot of you guys chop and change in your attitudes. Before the knee injury, many posters were stating that Brooks was finally maturing and developing into a first grade halfback. It's not fair to slam Brooks after one game and complain that he doesn't control the game. With the amount of strapping you'd have to assume that his knee wasn't 100% and, once again, the Tigers forwards were dominated. Both players are best when they're allowed to play their natural games. They should play on either side of the ruck, both utilize their strong passing games and each take on the line when they see a chance. They're both going okay and will be a force next year.
And this thread was meant to be about Farah coming in. My answer before the Panthers game was no and my answer is still no. He was demoted because of his ball hogging, slow service out of dummy half and likely tendency to inhibit Brooks and Moses. Also, it's patently obvious that there's a personality clash between Taylor and Farah and, therefore, team chemistry is better without him there. I believe this was the right decision and the team's development is better off without Robbie, experience or no experience. It's sad that a club icon has to finish this way and miss playing his 250th game at Leichhardt but I can't see him coming in, despite the fact we clearly need a second hooker in the squad.