Does Farah come in?

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 203 times

Re: Does Farah come in?

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 18 Aug, 2016 8:58 pm

He's building this team for a big charge next yr, but its one hell of a risk for him though if there's injuries. It will be 3 yrs and impossible to justify an extension should it be another failed campaign.

Eddie
Been liked: 11 times

Unread post by Eddie » Thu 18 Aug, 2016 9:06 pm

Injuries won't come into it.

It has not in the past.

Like you guys said next year we need to make the finals.

If we do I am sure Jt will be rewarded with another 2 year deal.

If we miss I would say goodbye.

diedpretty
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 28 times

Unread post by diedpretty » Thu 18 Aug, 2016 9:18 pm

Get over it - NRL is a business and is moving down the same lines in professional sport as America. We are heading down the same path where the players are a commodity - well paid yes, but a commodity that has a use by date and is moved on when no longer required. This has crept in to the game in the last couple of years but will become the norm. Farah is at that point with this club. He is a good footballer and its unfortunate he probably wont get 250 games with the club but he is no longer seen as part of the clubs future. He will get what he is owed. Get used to it because this is the way professional sport in Australia is going.

tigers2005

Unread post by tigers2005 » Thu 18 Aug, 2016 9:39 pm

diedpretty wrote:Get over it - NRL is a business and is moving down the same lines in professional sport as America. We are heading down the same path where the players are a commodity - well paid yes, but a commodity that has a use by date and is moved on when no longer required. This has crept in to the game in the last couple of years but will become the norm. Farah is at that point with this club. He is a good footballer and its unfortunate he probably wont get 250 games with the club but he is no longer seen as part of the clubs future. He will get what he is owed. Get used to it because this is the way professional sport in Australia is going.
I agree with what you said. My only bug bear is you move on a club legend who is at the end of his career and we all acknowledge that. But if he is playing for another team next year and we are still paying $650k of his wages, then did we really benefit anything?

diedpretty
Has liked: 2 times

Unread post by diedpretty » Thu 18 Aug, 2016 10:33 pm

tigers2005 wrote:
diedpretty wrote:Get over it - NRL is a business and is moving down the same lines in professional sport as America. We are heading down the same path where the players are a commodity - well paid yes, but a commodity that has a use by date and is moved on when no longer required. This has crept in to the game in the last couple of years but will become the norm. Farah is at that point with this club. He is a good footballer and its unfortunate he probably wont get 250 games with the club but he is no longer seen as part of the clubs future. He will get what he is owed. Get used to it because this is the way professional sport in Australia is going.
I agree with what you said. My only bug bear is you move on a club legend who is at the end of his career and we all acknowledge that. But if he is playing for another team next year and we are still paying $650k of his wages, then did we really benefit anything?
Yep we save 300k. the constant bad publicity is gone, the team focuses on football the board focuses on business and suddenly we are a professionally run outfit.

tigers2005

Unread post by tigers2005 » Thu 18 Aug, 2016 10:35 pm

diedpretty wrote:
tigers2005 wrote:
Yep we save 300k. the constant bad publicity is gone, the team focuses on football the board focuses on business and suddenly we are a professionally run outfit.
And this is all Farahs doing lol. Getting rid of him will make us a proffessionally run outfit, interesting.

coopy

Unread post by coopy » Thu 18 Aug, 2016 11:00 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:He's building this team for a big charge next yr, but its one hell of a risk for him though if there's injuries. It will be 3 yrs and impossible to justify an extension should it be another failed campaign.
I don't think scraping into the eight will be seen as a success either, He'll want to be top four or thereabouts to be safe.

tigerap
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 70 times

Unread post by tigerap » Thu 18 Aug, 2016 11:11 pm

All employees are now a commodity to big business.. Sadly that the world of today

tigerap
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 70 times

Unread post by tigerap » Thu 18 Aug, 2016 11:13 pm

diedpretty wrote:
tigers2005 wrote:
And the Baygon is no longer needed

Knuckles
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by Knuckles » Fri 19 Aug, 2016 6:49 am

diedpretty wrote:
tigers2005 wrote:
That's a big call ....

Pawsandclaws
Been liked: 59 times

Unread post by Pawsandclaws » Fri 19 Aug, 2016 7:31 am

diedpretty wrote:
tigers2005 wrote:
This is one of the most outrageous statements I have ever had the displeasure to read on this forum. Simply appalling.

Pawsandclaws

Unread post by Pawsandclaws » Fri 19 Aug, 2016 7:35 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:He's building this team for a big charge next yr, but its one hell of a risk for him though if there's injuries. It will be 3 yrs and impossible to justify an extension should it be another failed campaign.
Nothing more than spin to try and save his job for next year.. He should be punted at the end of the year regardless.

TrueTiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 60 times

Unread post by TrueTiger » Fri 19 Aug, 2016 8:29 am

Pawsandclaws wrote:
Nothing more than spin to try and save his job for next year.. He should be punted at the end of the year regardless.
JT has been building this team since the start of his tenure and under some extreme circumstances to say the least...he has the team vying for finals births,not lamenting on the bottom of the ladder,next year is his final year of this contract and should he achieve very good results,the club should offer him an extension of 1 year to show if more improvement can be made...as Ink has said elsewhere,this is a results driven job,so far he has given reasonably good results, emotions set aside,Taylor came into this club renowned for being a boys club and basket case who had lost heaps of members,to see the crowd at Campbell town last week,there seems to be plenty of interest still generated for this team....If we are to progress further on the road of success,we as members and supporters must get behind the team and coach with our full support,JT is still the coach and so far the results for this year have been very good considering we had a very youthful and inexperienced NRL side..
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 203 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 19 Aug, 2016 9:18 am

It's a pointless argument because he will be here next year and a finals birth will more than likely see him given a one year extension at minimum. Could even get it by about round 12 if we're entrenched in the 8.

Balmain Boy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 10 times

Unread post by Balmain Boy » Fri 19 Aug, 2016 9:54 am

Pawsandclaws wrote:
diedpretty wrote:
Pawsandclaws wrote:It's about money and the salary cap.
And you know this as truth - enlighten us all.
Enlighten yourself, buy the Telegraph and read it -

Money not form keeping Farah out: Ayoub by Matt Logue
You're going to reference not only an article from the Telegraph, but an article from the telegraph in which Ayoub is centred on Ayoub opening his mouth.

Good god man try save a modicum of credibility.

Cultured Bogan
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 155 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Fri 19 Aug, 2016 11:56 am

Pawsandclaws wrote:
diedpretty wrote:
tigers2005 wrote:
This is one of the most outrageous statements I have ever had the displeasure to read on this forum. Simply appalling.
You've only been here a shade over a year so I can see why you're so easily disgusted.
I swing like hell but know full well that I won't win the fight, but big man I'm the beta male that's gonna ruin your night...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

Pawsandclaws

Unread post by Pawsandclaws » Fri 19 Aug, 2016 12:22 pm

Balmain Boy wrote:
Pawsandclaws wrote:
diedpretty wrote:
Pawsandclaws wrote:It's about money and the salary cap.
And you know this as truth - enlighten us all.
Enlighten yourself, buy the Telegraph and read it -

Money not form keeping Farah out: Ayoub by Matt Logue
You're going to reference not only an article from the Telegraph, but an article from the telegraph in which Ayoub is centred on Ayoub opening his mouth.

Good god man try save a modicum of credibility.
“he will get what he is owed” is this an attempt to give legitimacy to the behaviour.

does anyone believe our club would not storm Ayoub’s door to sign one of his prize studs?

or plant a favourable story in the Telegraph if it meets a purpose?

wasn’t it Nietzche who offered - "if you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back at you"?

Cultured Bogan
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 155 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Fri 19 Aug, 2016 12:27 pm

In the eyes of the club he is no longer required. This happens in management type contracts everyday in the real world. As long as he gets his entitlements owed to him for that contract, their behaviour is legitimised as it is a common practice and far from illegal. The way some harp on you'd think the club were balls deep in illegal behaviour.
I swing like hell but know full well that I won't win the fight, but big man I'm the beta male that's gonna ruin your night...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

Return to “Round 24: Wests Tigers vs Penrith Panthers”