Does Farah come in?

goldcoast tiger

Re: Does Farah come in?

Post by goldcoast tiger » Wed 17 Aug, 2016 8:23 pm

Il be very surprised if he gets a run, the last thing that Taylor wants is for Robbie to ice a team (like he did to the Warriors last year. In front of the press and the crowd.)
It'd make Taylor look worse.
I doubt he would take that chance
He can't afford any MOM displays by Farah

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Wed 17 Aug, 2016 8:38 pm

Close your eyes and click your heels and say; There's no player like Robbie, theres no player like Robbie......
"Quality Stupidity"

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Wed 17 Aug, 2016 9:43 pm

:master:
NT Tiger wrote:Close your eyes and click your heels and say; There's no player like Robbie, theres no player like Robbie......
Ahh no thanks - you can have that one all for yourself champ.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Wed 17 Aug, 2016 9:52 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:Il be very surprised if he gets a run, the last thing that Taylor wants is for Robbie to ice a team (like he did to the Warriors last year. In front of the press and the crowd.)
Well if course..the other 16 had nothing to do with it...What happened the following Round against the Dragons that would have lifted us to 12th...?

Penalty in GP from memory...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:03 pm

Sorry FT , you know I'm not the brightest match in the pile

Sco77y

Post by Sco77y » Wed 17 Aug, 2016 10:31 pm

Geo. wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:Il be very surprised if he gets a run, the last thing that Taylor wants is for Robbie to ice a team (like he did to the Warriors last year. In front of the press and the crowd.)
Well if course..the other 16 had nothing to do with it...What happened the following Round against the Dragons that would have lifted us to 12th...?

No, Taylor can't afford Moses and Brooks to take a backseat again, and regress instead of continue to improve as they have so dramatically during the back half of this season. Yes, Robbie is a good player, but that doesn't mean he's the best option for our team.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Thu 18 Aug, 2016 4:30 am

Sco77y wrote:
Geo. wrote:

No, Taylor can't afford Moses and Brooks to take a backseat again, and regress instead of continue to improve as they have so dramatically during the back half of this season. Yes, Robbie is a good player, but that doesn't mean he's the best option for our team.
That's right, he's not the only player on the field.
Glad to see that you recognise that.
Why is it then , that the anti Farah crew seem to think that in the games that we lost and Farah played. We lost because he played.
We keep hearing that over and over.
What about the other 16???
A very insightful post Geo
Someone should tell the Coach
As forthe penalty in the last minute charge down a ref decided to penalise which is almost unheard of. . A lottery
At least he tried.
He had a very good game in that one as well , so you want to rabbit on about a charge down rather than the overall game that he had.
Do you want to do the same to all the other 16 players too

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Thu 18 Aug, 2016 6:22 am

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Sco77y wrote:
Geo. wrote:

Why is it then , that the anti Farah crew seem to think that in the games that we lost and Farah played. We lost because he played.
As forthe penalty in the last minute charge down a ref decided to penalise which is almost unheard of. . A lottery
At least he tried.
He had a very good game in that one as well , so you want to rabbit on about a charge down rather than the overall game that he had.
This is the firs time that I considered Geo non fair-minded, I think he got swayed by hype of others or just wanting a quieter atmosphere for the team. The first time I can recall scoring blows being landed against him.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Thu 18 Aug, 2016 6:37 am

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Sco77y wrote:
Geo. wrote:

At least he tried.
This is the firs time that I considered Geo non fair-minded, I think he got swayed by hype of others or just wanting a quieter atmosphere for the team. The first time I can recall scoring blows being landed against him.
I respect Geos opinions, more than most on here , and I agree that he is fair minded in most of his opinions. I just disagree on this occasion,

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Thu 18 Aug, 2016 8:11 am

innsaneink wrote:Hahaha paws.... First ayoub... Now sportal.. Lol
Although it is Sportal, it appealed to my sense of humour. How far did the trust extend between JT and Reddy? Was Reddy over-boarded after the wagons were circled (at the first hint of trouble in the JT camp) -

Those close to Rocket said he didn’t see it coming and has been left with more questions than answers.

Reddy showed great loyalty to Jason Taylor and thought he'd be a big part of the club's future plans.

vlad

Post by vlad » Thu 18 Aug, 2016 8:42 am

Pawsandclaws wrote:
innsaneink wrote:Hahaha paws.... First ayoub... Now sportal.. Lol
Although it is Sportal, it appealed to my sense of humour. How far did the trust extend between JT and Reddy? Was Reddy over-boarded after the wagons were circled (at the first hint of trouble in the JT camp) -

Those close to Rocket said he didn’t see it coming and has been left with more questions than answers.

Reddy showed great loyalty to Jason Taylor and thought he'd be a big part of the club's future plans.
That's disgraceful , Rocket was a saint .

Tigerheart_returns

Post by Tigerheart_returns » Thu 18 Aug, 2016 1:40 pm

It in the end, it probably won't matter, both Taylor and Robbie will be gone next year. I am hanging on to a faint hope but realistically with Tedesco gone, we face a greater hill than the one to climb to get to Leichhardt oval on wet, cold Monday night...It's always further than it looks. It's always taller than it looks. And it's always harder than it looks. :mrgreen:

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Thu 18 Aug, 2016 4:48 pm

Tigerheart_returns wrote:It in the end, it probably won't matter, both Taylor and Robbie will be gone next year. I am hanging on to a faint hope but realistically with Tedesco gone, we face a greater hill than the one to climb to get to Leichhardt oval on wet, cold Monday night...It's always further than it looks. It's always taller than it looks. And it's always harder than it looks. :mrgreen:
If we miss the eight the board might look to the Tedesco injury as a determining factor in next years coaching role, if as some here suggest, a finals finish is required by JT to remain.
Its clear they want him...I dont think hes goin anywhere

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Thu 18 Aug, 2016 7:42 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Tigerheart_returns wrote:It in the end, it probably won't matter, both Taylor and Robbie will be gone next year. I am hanging on to a faint hope but realistically with Tedesco gone, we face a greater hill than the one to climb to get to Leichhardt oval on wet, cold Monday night...It's always further than it looks. It's always taller than it looks. And it's always harder than it looks. :mrgreen:
If we miss the eight the board might look to the Tedesco injury as a determining factor in next years coaching role, if as some here suggest, a finals finish is required by JT to remain.
Injuries could not save Sheens or Potter, and they had far worse tolls.

How many games did Teddy play in 2014?

I don't think JT is going anywhere because this year has been an improvement. However missing the finals is missing the finals, there are no excuses every team has to deal with adversity. Next year he needs to make the finals or it will be goodbye.

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Thu 18 Aug, 2016 8:22 pm

I think Farah will play this friday .... with everyones emotions !!

tigers2005

Post by tigers2005 » Thu 18 Aug, 2016 8:27 pm

Well interesting times coming up if we dont make finals. I really think it will come down to the youngsters coming off contract. If things are working well behind the scenes then i cant see taylor going anywhere. Especially if it means we keep the big 3.of tedesco, moses and brooks.

tigers2005

Post by tigers2005 » Thu 18 Aug, 2016 8:28 pm

Love the WestsTigers wrote:I think Farah will play this friday .... with everyones emotions !!
lol your hilarious, i love it.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Thu 18 Aug, 2016 8:52 pm

Eddie wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
Injuries could not save Sheens or Potter, and they had far worse tolls.

How many games did Teddy play in 2014?

I don't think JT is going anywhere because this year has been an improvement. However missing the finals is missing the finals, there are no excuses every team has to deal with adversity. Next year he needs to make the finals or it will be goodbye.
Personally I think JT is safe this year regardless of what happens on field and on the ladder, I was just thinking out loud after reading tigerheart returns post.....he will have done what they wanted him to do.
Next year I agree....its all results driven, were almost in the eight now.
no excuses next year

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 18 Aug, 2016 8:55 pm

Absolutely no excuses next yr.