Does Farah come in?

tigerman80

Re: Does Farah come in?

Post by tigerman80 » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 9:15 pm

Knuckles wrote:Most of us on here want to make the top eight .... The best way usually to do that is to play your best team .... At the moment we are not fielding our best team .... It's that simple.
The Taylor fan club will be more than happy with 10th and tell us how we improved from second last in 2015 (forgetting taylor took us there). They will also play down this year, with all the promises of semis in 2017. Yet just by better team selections and picking your best team we could and should be much higher than were we are.

vlad

Post by vlad » Mon 15 Aug, 2016 7:09 am

tigerman80 wrote:
Knuckles wrote:Most of us on here want to make the top eight .... The best way usually to do that is to play your best team .... At the moment we are not fielding our best team .... It's that simple.
The Taylor fan club will be more than happy with 10th and tell us how we improved from second last in 2015 (forgetting taylor took us there). They will also play down this year, with all the promises of semis in 2017. Yet just by better team selections and picking your best team we could and should be much higher than were we are.
The Farah fan club will be more than happy with another sacked coach so long as Robbie plays as many games as he likes in the style he likes . Forgetting that style hasn't seen the WTs play in the finals since 2011
You know what they say about doing the same things & expecting different results .

Knuckles

Post by Knuckles » Mon 15 Aug, 2016 7:32 am

Is that like playing Lovett in the centres ?

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Mon 15 Aug, 2016 7:45 am

Exactly.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Mon 15 Aug, 2016 7:46 am

tigerman80 wrote:
There are still a couple of games to go this year so let's see where we end up but if we don't make the 8 this year it's another failure for Taylor and there shouldn't be any spin about it.

He stuffed up last year. This year has been significantly better but it will probably still be another underperforming year.

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Mon 15 Aug, 2016 7:51 am

The best team is being chosen, as demonstrated on the paddock and as talked about by the players. One legendary individual has publicly distanced himself from the team and is therefore rightfully being excluded.
Interesting that the players talk about the team building and the 'vibe' that now exists whereas the legend talks about himself in relation to them as an outsider.
That is how simple it really is!
"Quality Stupidity"

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 15 Aug, 2016 8:12 am

He's gone guys, forget about him. You will not see him in first grade at Wests again.
"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 15 Aug, 2016 8:16 am

NT Tiger wrote:
The best team is being chosen, as demonstrated on the paddock and as talked about by the players. One legendary individual has publicly distanced himself from the team and is therefore rightfully being excluded.
Interesting that the players talk about the team building and the 'vibe' that now exists whereas the legend talks about himself in relation to them as an outsider.
That is how simple it really is!
I've never heard Farah say one bad word about any members of the team. The "they " he mentioned was the Coach , and his cronies,
But keep rewriting history, that's a specialty here

Russell

Post by Russell » Mon 15 Aug, 2016 8:45 am

tigerman80 wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
stevetiger wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:He publicly criticised his own club after he got dumped. Some will say it was justified, but it doesn't matter if it was or wasn't, you cannot do that. I don't see how he could possibly be picked again without apologising.
That was such a trivial thing. You should drop it and so should the club.
Its not trivial...its massive.
He basically separated himself from the club he allegedly loves.
Referring to the club and the people that make it up as "they"....
Theres no "we" with him anymore

Its us and him. Sooner hes gone, the better
Unlike you most people on here want to watch the team play semis. Farah is and always will be a tigers legend no matter what you and your mate JT try to do or say. He is in our best 17, so should be selected. Everything Farah said was true, the team is scoring points with him playing, they had won 3 out of the last 4 games he played in.

Im hoping this is all a move from up above to throw JT under a bus once we miss semis, then not activate his 1 year extension and get Cleary in here. Farah will be having fun at the rabbits, while your mate looks for another assitant coach gig.
Dream on.

Farah will play where he played last week - left right out.

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Mon 15 Aug, 2016 8:46 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:He's gone guys, forget about him. You will not see him in first grade at Wests again.
CB,unless there is injuries I can't see a return in fg unless JT gives him a last hoorah at LO...
As good as Robbie has been in this team,he is getting older and we have to develope the younger players for us to be successful in future years,many players of great stature have moved on from other clubs and have gone gracefully knowing that they are at a point of no return,maybe RF finds it hard not to be the pinnacle he thinks he still is,however it is best if this team builds for the future and not stagnate because Robbie is still here...
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Mon 15 Aug, 2016 9:42 am

TrueTiger wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:He's gone guys, forget about him. You will not see him in first grade at Wests again.
CB,unless there is injuries I can't see a return in fg unless JT gives him a last hoorah at LO...
As good as Robbie has been in this team,he is getting older and we have to develope the younger players for us to be successful in future years,many players of great stature have moved on from other clubs and have gone gracefully knowing that they are at a point of no return,maybe RF finds it hard not to be the pinnacle he thinks he still is,however it is best if this team builds for the future and not stagnate because Robbie is still here...
TT, RF has a contract and is entitled to stay at the club and be paid until the end of next season. How come you find this so difficult to comprehend?

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 15 Aug, 2016 9:49 am

Pawsandclaws wrote:
TrueTiger wrote:
TT, RF has a contract and is entitled to stay at the club and be paid until the end of next season. How come you find this so difficult to comprehend?
He can hang around all he likes (as he is entitled to under his contract,) he will not play first grade at Wests again.
"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Swordy

Post by Swordy » Mon 15 Aug, 2016 9:54 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Pawsandclaws wrote:
TrueTiger wrote:
He can hang around all he likes (as he is entitled to under his contract,) he will not play first grade at Wests again.
No one has argued about him being entitled to stay and collect his money under his contract. I just don't think it is anywhere that he is entitled to play firsts. If he wants to stay and languish in reggies and close off his own career, that's his call. If he wants to move on to someone else as a subsidised contract, he might go around for another year or two on top of that. It's his call.......
Sunshine Coast resident.
Tigers fan since birth in 1969.
Fond memories of Leichhardt Oval every home game as a kid with my Dad!

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 15 Aug, 2016 9:59 am

He can stay, but it would show that he's hopeless at taking hints. He's so badly advised, it's almost sad.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Mon 15 Aug, 2016 10:24 am

The back-ending was the problem, it left too much of a bill to be picked up for a ageing player, WT created the problem so for better or worse they are stuck with it. Don't blame the player whom still gave 100% and more tackles than anyone else.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Mon 15 Aug, 2016 10:45 am

We are down a playmaker with Teddy injured and Moses showed on the weekend he is way to inexperienced to be the sole play maker. Farah needs to come back for the next three weeks, after that I don't care, but it would be madness not to use his experience and skill

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 15 Aug, 2016 10:50 am

Won't happen. He should be playing off the bench, but JT has made the call. He's finished here.

Sco77y

Post by Sco77y » Mon 15 Aug, 2016 10:52 am

Yeah agree, he won't get a run at the Tigers now. With 1 year remaining on his contract there is no way they'll re-sign him after that. Might as well start fresh and settle into a new club as early as possible while the contract would be subsidised. It's up to him but he's not going to get too much credit sitting in reserve grade..