Does Farah come in?

Balmain Boy
Member
Member
Posts: 3270
Joined: Sun 27 Sep, 2009 7:22 pm

Re: Does Farah come in?

Post by Balmain Boy » Mon 15 Aug, 2016 10:58 am

I'd doubt that he'd come in. He's been ok in nsw cup but hasn't changed anything. It's as much on principle as anything.

Might come down to second tier cap. Between Halatau, JLJ, Edwards and ET that may suffice. But if Farah comes back then suddenly it's all about him again, and not the team like it should be.

I think it would de-stabilise the team and bring on too much unwanted media attention once again to bring him back now. Round 26 if we're done and dusted maybe.


User avatar
cqtiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2612
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 2:34 pm
Location: Rockhampton QLD

Post by cqtiger » Mon 15 Aug, 2016 11:22 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:How quickly O'Neils supposed rubber stamp on team selections gets thrown out the window. Nope, must all be JT's fault. Some of you are in real denial believing JT is the only one at the club that has a problem with Farah. Anyone honestly think if Paul Green dropped Thurston, management would sit idly by and let Green do that? The man is earning almost a million dollars, I don't think Pascoe and co would be very pleased that that amount of salary cap is languishing in reserve grade week after week if there wasn't a very good reason.
Exactly.

He has burnt one too many bridges this time unfortunately.
Tiger Torch said as much In a recent post. Farah has upset some influential people within the club. End of story if this is true and it does appear that way.

I would really like to see him get to 250 first grade games with us but sadly I don't think that it's going to happen.

I understand management and have witnessed first hand some well credentialled and well performed candidates get over looked for opportunities because of something done or said. That's just part of life at work.
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford

Telltails
Member
Member
Posts: 2810
Joined: Fri 18 Apr, 2014 3:24 pm

Post by Telltails » Mon 15 Aug, 2016 11:25 am

vlad wrote:
tigerman80 wrote:
Knuckles wrote:Most of us on here want to make the top eight .... The best way usually to do that is to play your best team .... At the moment we are not fielding our best team .... It's that simple.
The Taylor fan club will be more than happy with 10th and tell us how we improved from second last in 2015 (forgetting taylor took us there). They will also play down this year, with all the promises of semis in 2017. Yet just by better team selections and picking your best team we could and should be much higher than were we are.
The Farah fan club will be more than happy with another sacked coach so long as Robbie plays as many games as he likes in the style he likes . Forgetting that style hasn't seen the WTs play in the finals since 2011
You know what they say about doing the same things & expecting different results .

It's not a competition between Farah and Taylor it's about winning the game. There are sixteen other players that also want to win and if Farah is our best option the coach should pick him. The players have worked hard to get to this place and are entitled to expect the coach to put his personal issues aside when it comes to Farah and pick the best side to help win the game. It worked a few weeks ago against Penrith and we are already up against it by losing Teddy - If his reason for not picking him is purely personal instead of what is best for the team - then he is the wrong profession

tigerman80
Member
Member
Posts: 345
Joined: Wed 27 Apr, 2016 10:24 am

Post by tigerman80 » Mon 15 Aug, 2016 12:13 pm

vlad wrote:
tigerman80 wrote:
Knuckles wrote:Most of us on here want to make the top eight .... The best way usually to do that is to play your best team .... At the moment we are not fielding our best team .... It's that simple.
The Taylor fan club will be more than happy with 10th and tell us how we improved from second last in 2015 (forgetting taylor took us there). They will also play down this year, with all the promises of semis in 2017. Yet just by better team selections and picking your best team we could and should be much higher than were we are.
The Farah fan club will be more than happy with another sacked coach so long as Robbie plays as many games as he likes in the style he likes . Forgetting that style hasn't seen the WTs play in the finals since 2011
You know what they say about doing the same things & expecting different results .
Yes its called insanity lol. Im all for moving farah on next year, best for both parties. But come on put differences aside and give us the best chance to make semis. We must win on Friday, so Farah should be on the bench. Its not about farah vs taylor its about making top 8.

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 4986
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Mon 15 Aug, 2016 12:15 pm

Balmain Boy wrote:I'd doubt that he'd come in. He's been ok in nsw cup but hasn't changed anything. It's as much on principle as anything.

Might come down to second tier cap. Between Halatau, JLJ, Edwards and ET that may suffice. But if Farah comes back then suddenly it's all about him again, and not the team like it should be.

I think it would de-stabilise the team and bring on too much unwanted media attention once again to bring him back now. Round 26 if we're done and dusted maybe.
Forget about silly distractions, RF and JT were always professional when it came to playing the game. That is why they eventually went well with him coming off the bench. Do we want to get into finals or not? Forget about all the other rubbish. Robbie is not up for any police charges or disciplinary action but get over silly unnecessary hurdles.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)


NT Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 3174
Joined: Sun 28 Apr, 2013 9:00 am
Location: Sitting in front of the computer (again)

Post by NT Tiger » Mon 15 Aug, 2016 12:16 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
NT Tiger wrote:
Knuckles wrote:Most of us on here want to make the top eight .... The best way usually to do that is to play your best team .... At the moment we are not fielding our best team .... It's that simple.
The best team is being chosen, as demonstrated on the paddock and as talked about by the players. One legendary individual has publicly distanced himself from the team and is therefore rightfully being excluded.
Interesting that the players talk about the team building and the 'vibe' that now exists whereas the legend talks about himself in relation to them as an outsider.
That is how simple it really is!
I've never heard Farah say one bad word about any members of the team. The "they " he mentioned was the Coach , and his cronies,
But keep rewriting history, that's a specialty here
Coach and cronies? That would be Wests Tigers would it? Last I heard the team was directly linked to the Coach and cronies IE the club.
"Quality Stupidity"

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 5231
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Russell » Mon 15 Aug, 2016 1:41 pm

cunno wrote:I watched Farah play reserve grade yesterday and he was a cut or more above the rest of the field as you would expect. I would like to see him on the bench.
I should hope he is a cut above reserve grade.

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 5231
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Russell » Mon 15 Aug, 2016 1:47 pm

Pawsandclaws wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
hobbo2803 wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:People go on about his field goal. He kicked it after the siren when the defensive line were standing still. He could laid a blanket down and had a picnic with the time he had. He didn't have the entire defensive line charging at him.
It's called being smart !
Take the shot at field goal when there's no pressure .
Otherwise you end up like yesterday or even worse running around like headless chooks in golden point .
That's 247 games of experience !!!!

But yeah , you must be stoked with finishing 9th or 10th :roll:
I'm stoked the club is heading in the right direction :)
GNR is happy with mediocrity.
And you are happy with a square peg in a round hole.

His time is over - get used to it.

tigerman80
Member
Member
Posts: 345
Joined: Wed 27 Apr, 2016 10:24 am

Post by tigerman80 » Mon 15 Aug, 2016 2:02 pm

Russell wrote:
cunno wrote:I watched Farah play reserve grade yesterday and he was a cut or more above the rest of the field as you would expect. I would like to see him on the bench.
I should hope he is a cut above reserve grade.
So too good for reserve grade, good enough for SOO , but behind halatau, rankin, edwards... makes so much sense.

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 5231
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Russell » Mon 15 Aug, 2016 2:19 pm

tigerman80 wrote:
Russell wrote:
cunno wrote:I watched Farah play reserve grade yesterday and he was a cut or more above the rest of the field as you would expect. I would like to see him on the bench.
I should hope he is a cut above reserve grade.
So too good for reserve grade, good enough for SOO , but behind halatau, rankin, edwards... makes so much sense.
With his attitude, no he is not good enough for first grade with us. Maybe with another team but not with the Tigers.

He has burnt his bridges - now the consequences. I do not think this is personal with JT. He is picking the team he thinks can get us to the last eight with all things considered. If we don't make it, it has been a mighty effort from a young team that was expected by many on here to collect the spoon.

Pawsandclaws
Member
Member
Posts: 3263
Joined: Sat 20 Jun, 2015 5:53 pm

Post by Pawsandclaws » Mon 15 Aug, 2016 2:42 pm

Russell wrote:
tigerman80 wrote:
Russell wrote:
cunno wrote:I watched Farah play reserve grade yesterday and he was a cut or more above the rest of the field as you would expect. I would like to see him on the bench.
I should hope he is a cut above reserve grade.
So too good for reserve grade, good enough for SOO , but behind halatau, rankin, edwards... makes so much sense.
With his attitude, no he is not good enough for first grade with us. Maybe with another team but not with the Tigers.

He has burnt his bridges - now the consequences. I do not think this is personal with JT. He is picking the team he thinks can get us to the last eight with all things considered. If we don't make it, it has been a mighty effort from a young team that was expected by many on here to collect the spoon.
Please, you are already making excuses! We will see how committed Pascoe really is to improving the WTs should JT fail to make the 8.

Selective accountability appears to be rife at WTs and whoever heard of selection being done on merit.

User avatar
WestsSupporter
Member
Member
Posts: 1321
Joined: Wed 13 Jul, 2011 8:59 pm
Location: New Zealand

Post by WestsSupporter » Mon 15 Aug, 2016 2:59 pm

Farah HAS TO PLAY! That way if we lose, we can dump all our hate on him. If we win, well, we win! It's a win/win.
Extremely frustrated fan. Try not to let my negativity get to you.

goldcoast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 6427
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 15 Aug, 2016 3:02 pm

NT Tiger wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
NT Tiger wrote:
Knuckles wrote:Most of us on here want to make the top eight .... The best way usually to do that is to play your best team .... At the moment we are not fielding our best team .... It's that simple.
The best team is being chosen, as demonstrated on the paddock and as talked about by the players. One legendary individual has publicly distanced himself from the team and is therefore rightfully being excluded.
Interesting that the players talk about the team building and the 'vibe' that now exists whereas the legend talks about himself in relation to them as an outsider.
That is how simple it really is!
I've never heard Farah say one bad word about any members of the team. The "they " he mentioned was the Coach , and his cronies,
But keep rewriting history, that's a specialty here
Coach and cronies? That would be Wests Tigers would it? Last I heard the team was directly linked to the Coach and cronies IE the club.
So you believe that Farah was talking about the team do you,
I would expect that Farah has a fair idea of who's behind all this, and I strongly doubt that he meant any players ( the team)
But keep up the paranoia, , it fits with the usual rubbish from the Taylor lovers.
Hope he doesn't say hello to anyone at the game this week ,that will be trotted out as "Farah threatens Taylor and the whole backline " :deadhorse:

tigerman80
Member
Member
Posts: 345
Joined: Wed 27 Apr, 2016 10:24 am

Post by tigerman80 » Mon 15 Aug, 2016 3:24 pm

Russell wrote:
tigerman80 wrote:
Russell wrote:
cunno wrote:I watched Farah play reserve grade yesterday and he was a cut or more above the rest of the field as you would expect. I would like to see him on the bench.
I should hope he is a cut above reserve grade.
So too good for reserve grade, good enough for SOO , but behind halatau, rankin, edwards... makes so much sense.
With his attitude, no he is not good enough for first grade with us. Maybe with another team but not with the Tigers.

He has burnt his bridges - now the consequences. I do not think this is personal with JT. He is picking the team he thinks can get us to the last eight with all things considered. If we don't make it, it has been a mighty effort from a young team that was expected by many on here to collect the spoon.
Young team was a valid excuse last year, but tedesco and brooks over 60 games, moses over 50 games. 3 state of origin players..etc. The club and JT's number 1 KPI was to make semis this year. If we make it stand up and applaud the man JT. If we dont , then we have to ask how teams like penrith and titans did and we couldnt. Interesting few weeks coming up.

Pawsandclaws
Member
Member
Posts: 3263
Joined: Sat 20 Jun, 2015 5:53 pm

Post by Pawsandclaws » Mon 15 Aug, 2016 3:42 pm

tigerman80 wrote:
Russell wrote:
tigerman80 wrote:
Russell wrote:
I should hope he is a cut above reserve grade.
So too good for reserve grade, good enough for SOO , but behind halatau, rankin, edwards... makes so much sense.
With his attitude, no he is not good enough for first grade with us. Maybe with another team but not with the Tigers.

He has burnt his bridges - now the consequences. I do not think this is personal with JT. He is picking the team he thinks can get us to the last eight with all things considered. If we don't make it, it has been a mighty effort from a young team that was expected by many on here to collect the spoon.
Young team was a valid excuse last year, but tedesco and brooks over 60 games, moses over 50 games. 3 state of origin players..etc. The club and JT's number 1 KPI was to make semis this year. If we make it stand up and applaud the man JT. If we dont , then we have to ask how teams like penrith and titans did and we couldnt. Interesting few weeks coming up.
That's not "JT big balls" and his No 1 KPI. I couldn't be bothered trawling back through to find out which one of the fan boys first used the name but if we don't make the 8, it will be interesting to see how big they really are by JT falling on his own sword.

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 4986
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Mon 15 Aug, 2016 3:51 pm

Farah comes in and does his usual excellent performance, surely that must assist him transferring to another club for a decent price. Being a reserve grade player does not attract any decent bids. So win win
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 10196
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by hobbo » Mon 15 Aug, 2016 3:54 pm

WestsSupporter wrote:Farah HAS TO PLAY! That way if we lose, we can dump all our hate on him. If we win, well, we win! It's a win/win.
You are one pathetic person .
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

tigerman80
Member
Member
Posts: 345
Joined: Wed 27 Apr, 2016 10:24 am

Post by tigerman80 » Mon 15 Aug, 2016 3:56 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:Farah comes in and does his usual excellent performance, surely that must assist him transferring to another club for a decent price. Being a reserve grade player does not attract any decent bids. So win win
I like your thinking. Farah comes in , man of the match performance. Souths, sharks and dragons in a bidding war to get his signature. We save more money and a club legend gets to play his 250th at leichardt oval to a packed crowd. The only loser will be JT's ego, but hopefully oneil and pascoe can massage it down for him.

Post Reply