WESTS Tigers Team V Panthers...

southerntiger
Member
Member
Posts: 4392
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:24 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: WESTS Tigers Team V Panthers...

Post by southerntiger » Tue 16 Aug, 2016 10:10 pm

coopy wrote:
southerntiger wrote:
coopy wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:For anyone still asking why Farah hasn't been picked.....

"I feel I am getting treated differently to some others," Farah said.

"I will continue being professional and try and keep my mouth shut and try not to do anything wrong because I think that is what they are trying to get me to do. But I think I am a bit smarter than that."

There's your answer. You don't publicly criticize and separate yourself from your club then expect to get called back up. He's made his bed.
If that is the case that is truly ludicrous. Robbie was censured by the club for those comments and that should be the end of it. There has been suggestions that JT was duly censured for his handling of the whole affair last year. He apparently was spoken to and the club moved on. If we are continuing to punish Robbie over trying to secure a semi-final spot then some serious questions must be asked of the club.
What did Jason do wrong last year that require censuring. Please provide specific examples?

Was it the fact they told Farah there were looking beyond him this year and that, whilst the club would honour his contract, he was free to look elsewhere?

Was it the fact that, when Farah leaked this to the media, he explained his position rationally and truthfully that, whilst he respect Robbie as a player and person, the club was looking for a change in direction?

Was it that an Assistant Coach told Robbie, honestly and frankly, that there was no guarantee he would be selected in first grade this year each week?

Please enlighten me.

As I said, I want specific examples, not some rant about how he showed a lack of respect for a club legend.

If you can't provide examples, cease making your rubbish claims.
Seriously? You're on a public forum and demanding answers? :roll

You're in no position to demand anything. Believe what you want but don't try to intimidate or bully anyone. It's just pitiful.
Bullying and intimidating? Im just asking you to back up serious allegations you have made with facts. I haven't even asked for evidence, just the examples of what you say Taylor did.

Pot calling the kettle black given you come on here and rant, without substance, on Taylor's behaviour.


User avatar
Mashies
Member
Member
Posts: 121
Joined: Wed 19 Aug, 2009 9:42 pm

Post by Mashies » Tue 16 Aug, 2016 10:19 pm

magpiecol wrote:If we lose, it will be because Farah did not play. (which is a load of crap). But if we win, it will be because Penrith did not play well etc. etc.

:blah
So true... Nothing like a 1 point loss to bring out the anti Taylor brigade... How predictable and boring... Yawn.

Good line up, gonna be difficult without Ted, but if the Tigers believe they can win then i think they can as well. Big test of the teams character. Moses was poor last week, so i am sure he will be keen for a big one...

User avatar
Defiant
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 1048
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 6:54 pm

Post by Defiant » Tue 16 Aug, 2016 10:26 pm

Robbie tweeted about the hatchet job done on Taylor driving poor little Akoula to contemplate "perhaps,maybe" commit suicide.

Can we just stop talking about the guy? He nuked the bridge several times.

Best team we could pick except Chee-kam for Lovett, who's form seems to have dropped in the last month.
Last edited by Defiant on Tue 16 Aug, 2016 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tigerman80
Member
Member
Posts: 345
Joined: Wed 27 Apr, 2016 10:24 am

Post by tigerman80 » Tue 16 Aug, 2016 10:27 pm

Id love to know why with our season the line last week playing at home and Brooks training all week and participating in the captains run, JT decided to err on the side of caution and leave him out. We win and we are 3 points ahead of the titans. Now we are left with must win games away from home against the warriors and panthers.

User avatar
cktiger
Member
Member
Posts: 3482
Joined: Fri 12 Nov, 2010 10:37 am

Post by cktiger » Tue 16 Aug, 2016 10:42 pm

southerntiger wrote:
coopy wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:For anyone still asking why Farah hasn't been picked.....

"I feel I am getting treated differently to some others," Farah said.

"I will continue being professional and try and keep my mouth shut and try not to do anything wrong because I think that is what they are trying to get me to do. But I think I am a bit smarter than that."

There's your answer. You don't publicly criticize and separate yourself from your club then expect to get called back up. He's made his bed.
If that is the case that is truly ludicrous. Robbie was censured by the club for those comments and that should be the end of it. There has been suggestions that JT was duly censured for his handling of the whole affair last year. He apparently was spoken to and the club moved on. If we are continuing to punish Robbie over trying to secure a semi-final spot then some serious questions must be asked of the club.
What did Jason do wrong last year that require censuring. Please provide specific examples?

Was it the fact he told Farah there the club was looking beyond him for this year and that, whilst the club would honour his contract, he was free to look elsewhere?

Was it the fact that, when Farah leaked this to the media, he explained his position rationally and truthfully that, whilst he respect Robbie as a player and person, the club was looking for a change in direction?

Was it that an Assistant Coach told Robbie, honestly and frankly, that there was no guarantee he would be selected in first grade this year each week?

Please enlighten me.

As I said, I want specific examples, not some rant about how he showed a lack of respect for a club legend.

If you can't provide examples, cease making your rubbish claims.
:lol: You're a classic - demand specific examples as proof and then go on and spout innuendo yourself.
Can you provide specifics of Farah leaking anything to the media?
I'm sure you've never been involved in the media to have any idea how it works - and yes I have.


User avatar
foreveratiger
Member
Member
Posts: 12029
Joined: Mon 27 Jun, 2011 8:03 pm

Post by foreveratiger » Tue 16 Aug, 2016 10:48 pm

Jason Taylor was never going to pick Robbie in his side this week , he is picking the best 17 at his disposal :lol: .
Seriously this is one week where he could use Farah of the bench , JT will rotate Lovett with Halatau it's so predictable.

We know it's not about the best 17 JT was eluding to , out of all games this is the game when you would bring Farah on with 15 Minutes to go loosing by 12 Points and say to Robbie " mate use your experience to get us out of this , whatever that might be....the Season is on the line "
Nah!!!! why would we do that ? we are trying to force him out of the Club, why would JT want Robbie to potentially be the hero and maybe be able to pull us a win .

It's just clear as Daylight as to why Farah isn't playing and has nothing to do with this best 17 crap.
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

User avatar
Mashies
Member
Member
Posts: 121
Joined: Wed 19 Aug, 2009 9:42 pm

Post by Mashies » Tue 16 Aug, 2016 10:50 pm

tigerman80 wrote:Id love to know why with our season the line last week playing at home and Brooks training all week and participating in the captains run, JT decided to err on the side of caution and leave him out. We win and we are 3 points ahead of the titans. Now we are left with must win games away from home against the warriors and panthers.
Unless you are Brooks, his doctor or Jason Taylor, it is hard to know what the risk of erring on the side of caution would have been. It is easy to throw stones at Taylor after a loss, however the reality is regardless of whether he was training or not, only those close to the situation would have known what the right call was... Thought JLJ had a solid game... There are plenty of reasons why we lost against the Titans (Poor goal kicking, handling, last tackle passes, as well as Titans forwards dominating when Woods / Sue were off for starters), i would have thought Brooks not being there was a fair way down the list of reasons why we lost...

User avatar
Club Sandwich
Member
Member
Posts: 1390
Joined: Mon 21 Apr, 2014 6:46 pm
Location: Melbourne

Post by Club Sandwich » Tue 16 Aug, 2016 10:56 pm

seadoggy wrote:I have a bad feeling we are going to get found out as pretenders this Friday night. We have given a good account of ourselves and over achieved somewhat, but I don't think a team can match up against real premiership contenders without a genuine dummy half, whether it be Farah, Cherrington or Liddle. This is our season on the line, come Friday it's all over or we continue on with some hope. Our for and against could be the deciding factor if we are still in contention by the final round.
Well said
Tigers tragic since 1980.

User avatar
Club Sandwich
Member
Member
Posts: 1390
Joined: Mon 21 Apr, 2014 6:46 pm
Location: Melbourne

Post by Club Sandwich » Tue 16 Aug, 2016 11:05 pm

Come on Tigers. Come out firing this week. I want to see us playing finals footy again, it's been too long.
Cherro, JLJ or MCK for Lovett, that's my only change.
Hope the boys are practicing the goal kicking and field goals, we're going to need every point this week.
Tigers tragic since 1980.

tigerman80
Member
Member
Posts: 345
Joined: Wed 27 Apr, 2016 10:24 am

Post by tigerman80 » Tue 16 Aug, 2016 11:34 pm

Mashies wrote:
tigerman80 wrote:Id love to know why with our season the line last week playing at home and Brooks training all week and participating in the captains run, JT decided to err on the side of caution and leave him out. We win and we are 3 points ahead of the titans. Now we are left with must win games away from home against the warriors and panthers.
Unless you are Brooks, his doctor or Jason Taylor, it is hard to know what the risk of erring on the side of caution would have been. It is easy to throw stones at Taylor after a loss, however the reality is regardless of whether he was training or not, only those close to the situation would have known what the right call was... Thought JLJ had a solid game... There are plenty of reasons why we lost against the Titans (Poor goal kicking, handling, last tackle passes, as well as Titans forwards dominating when Woods / Sue were off for starters), i would have thought Brooks not being there was a fair way down the list of reasons why we lost...
they said he could have played but they decided to err on the side of caution, he participated in the captains run. Id say Brooks not playing moses and too much responsibility on moses was a major reason we lost. Not sure why you would not take a pubt with ur season on the line.

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 28882
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Wed 17 Aug, 2016 5:22 am

Injuries take time.
The longer the healing process...the greater chance of recovery.
Its not rocket science :roll:
.....................................

Great comeback Coops, talk the talk....zzzz

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 28882
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Wed 17 Aug, 2016 6:04 am

I'll have faith that the rehab, strength & conditioning team know what theyre doing as opposed to some internet expert

Its one area the last couple of seasons the club has improved in dramatically

southerntiger
Member
Member
Posts: 4392
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:24 pm
Location: Sydney

Post by southerntiger » Wed 17 Aug, 2016 6:05 am

cktiger wrote:
southerntiger wrote:
coopy wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:For anyone still asking why Farah hasn't been picked.....

"I feel I am getting treated differently to some others," Farah said.

"I will continue being professional and try and keep my mouth shut and try not to do anything wrong because I think that is what they are trying to get me to do. But I think I am a bit smarter than that."

There's your answer. You don't publicly criticize and separate yourself from your club then expect to get called back up. He's made his bed.
If that is the case that is truly ludicrous. Robbie was censured by the club for those comments and that should be the end of it. There has been suggestions that JT was duly censured for his handling of the whole affair last year. He apparently was spoken to and the club moved on. If we are continuing to punish Robbie over trying to secure a semi-final spot then some serious questions must be asked of the club.
What did Jason do wrong last year that require censuring. Please provide specific examples?

Was it the fact he told Farah there the club was looking beyond him for this year and that, whilst the club would honour his contract, he was free to look elsewhere?

Was it the fact that, when Farah leaked this to the media, he explained his position rationally and truthfully that, whilst he respect Robbie as a player and person, the club was looking for a change in direction?

Was it that an Assistant Coach told Robbie, honestly and frankly, that there was no guarantee he would be selected in first grade this year each week?

Please enlighten me.

As I said, I want specific examples, not some rant about how he showed a lack of respect for a club legend.

If you can't provide examples, cease making your rubbish claims.
:lol: You're a classic - demand specific examples as proof and then go on and spout innuendo yourself.
Can you provide specifics of Farah leaking anything to the media?
I'm sure you've never been involved in the media to have any idea how it works - and yes I have.
What are you talking about? Farah was quoted on two occasions with extremely unprofessional comments. Are you saying he didnt make those comments? He retweeted both articles so I would be surprised if he didnt.

This is not to mention his retweeting of the Akaoula article.

Do you want me to send the links? Happy to do so but given they have been discussed to death, Im not sure why that would be necessary.

User avatar
Icon
Member
Member
Posts: 727
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 10:38 am

Post by Icon » Wed 17 Aug, 2016 6:07 am

Geo. wrote:Oh my..Farah will go one day...whatever will we do then..

I just want to shout out to the 17 selected who represent the Mighty Wests Tigers this week to take on the Pamfers...smash em boys do is proud...we are far from a 1 man team...
that's the point though, isn't it, he will be gone one day, but right now he is not and he's needed in the team. So why not play him.

greatodensraven
Member
Member
Posts: 2154
Joined: Sat 15 Dec, 2012 7:11 pm

Post by greatodensraven » Wed 17 Aug, 2016 8:12 am

Mighty Tiger wrote:Could we see Chee-Kam onto the bench, come on to center with Simon to fullback and Rankin at hooker. When dene comes back on Chee-Kam into backrow
Looks like a logical move to me. Lovett then drops off the bench.

We'll see!

User avatar
foreveratiger
Member
Member
Posts: 12029
Joined: Mon 27 Jun, 2011 8:03 pm

Post by foreveratiger » Wed 17 Aug, 2016 8:16 am

Icon wrote:
Geo. wrote:Oh my..Farah will go one day...whatever will we do then..

I just want to shout out to the 17 selected who represent the Mighty Wests Tigers this week to take on the Pamfers...smash em boys do is proud...we are far from a 1 man team...
that's the point though, isn't it, he will be gone one day, but right now he is not and he's needed in the team. So why not play him.
It wouldn't be a good look on JT if Robbie was to have a Man of the Match performance and help us beat the Panthers, it's more easier to loose than to swallow your pride.

Anyway it's only a matter of time for JT and look forward to reading where his next begging will be :lol:
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

tigerman80
Member
Member
Posts: 345
Joined: Wed 27 Apr, 2016 10:24 am

Post by tigerman80 » Wed 17 Aug, 2016 8:38 am

innsaneink wrote:I'll have faith that the rehab, strength & conditioning team know what theyre doing as opposed to some internet expert

Its one area the last couple of seasons the club has improved in dramatically
No mr expert i was quoting your master " we eered on the side of caution" . Again it my opinion, your opinion which is always different to mine is not right, yet you still follow me around. Since you have all the inner workings of the club , and unlike everyone else on here your opinion is fact, maybe you can use those connections with the strength and conditioning team to help you with your recurring wrist injury.

Gary Bakerloo
Member
Member
Posts: 2463
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 7:22 pm

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Wed 17 Aug, 2016 8:53 am

tigerman80 wrote:
If he played, he would have been the first ever player to carry an injury into a game right. Or the first ever player to go into a game at 80 or 90%. Or would have been the first player to get a needle before a game. Do you know anything about footy :crazy :crazy :crazy :crazy

Manlys season on the line last week their winger playing with an infection in his shoulder, trbojevic playing with a busted knee. Gee how is that possible...
:roll: Ok....my turn....

It seems consensus at the moment that 30 points will guarantee a spot in the 8, let's assume that's right. Making it with just 28 points is in the realm of "mathematically" possible.

Hence, before last round, Wests were on 24 points meaning they could achieve a maximum of 32 points. Manly were on 20 points meaning they could achieve a maximum of 28.

Yes, for player's in Manly's squad, it was must win so players with 50/50 injuries would play. However, as you can hopefully see from the above description, it wasn't must win for Wests going into the round.

The earlier a player returns the from injury, the higher the risk of re-injuring. Medical staff at Wests have probably given the view that he could have probably played against the Titans, but risks of re-injury were high enough that given the ladder situation, another week of recovery and training was preferable. He could have played to get the win on the Titans and skip ahead of them on the table, but it's likely the risk of re-injuring was too high to warrant that approach. Additionally, and I am sure there are many on here that have injured their knee playing sport, needles just stop the pain, they don't stop the risk of re-injuring. Having a needle is probably the most dangerous thing to do for the stability of the knee given the injury Brooks sustained.

As per those injured Manly players, Brooks is probably still not 100% fit. However, following the outcomes of round 23, the additional week of recovery and the revised scenario of the team now needing to win all 3 games to reach 30 points, it means Brooks now plays.

Post Reply