WESTS Tigers Team V Panthers...

rex2ce

Re: WESTS Tigers Team V Panthers...

Post by rex2ce » Wed 17 Aug, 2016 8:59 am

Why does every topic on this forum degenerate into a Farah v Taylor rant, some of you people should meet behind the grandstand and sort it out and give the rest of us a break

tigerman80

Post by tigerman80 » Wed 17 Aug, 2016 8:59 am

Gary Bakerloo wrote:
tigerman80 wrote:
If he played, he would have been the first ever player to carry an injury into a game right. Or the first ever player to go into a game at 80 or 90%. Or would have been the first player to get a needle before a game. Do you know anything about footy :crazy :crazy :crazy :crazy

Manlys season on the line last week their winger playing with an infection in his shoulder, trbojevic playing with a busted knee. Gee how is that possible...
:roll: Ok....my turn....

It seems consensus at the moment that 30 points will guarantee a spot in the 8, let's assume that's right. Making it with just 28 points is in the realm of "mathematically" possible.

Hence, before last round, Wests were on 24 points meaning they could achieve a maximum of 32 points. Manly were on 20 points meaning they could achieve a maximum of 28.

Yes, for player's in Manly's squad, it was must win so players with 50/50 injuries would play. However, as you can hopefully see from the above description, it wasn't must win for Wests going into the round.

The earlier a player returns the from injury, the higher the risk of re-injuring. Medical staff at Wests have probably given the view that he could have probably played against the Titans, but risks of re-injury were high enough that given the ladder situation, another week of recovery and training was preferable. He could have played to get the win on the Titans and skip ahead of them on the table, but it's likely the risk of re-injuring was too high to warrant that approach. Additionally, and I am sure there are many on here that have injured their knee playing sport, needles just stop the pain, they don't stop the risk of re-injuring. Having a needle is probably the most dangerous thing to do for the stability of the knee given the injury Brooks sustained.

As per those injured Manly players, Brooks is probably still not 100% fit. However, following the outcomes of round 23, the additional week of recovery and the revised scenario of the team now needing to win all 3 games to reach 30 points, it means Brooks now plays.
I agree with pretty much all you said.The difference in my opinion to yours is that i believe last week was our "must win" game. We were playing at home in front of a bumper crowd against a team we had to beat. To me, you would take the punt with Brooks at 80 or 90% fitness to win this game. It would have put us 3 points up on the titans and now we play away to penrith and warriors. Again its my opinion which doesnt make it any better than yours, but thats the point of a forum, isnt it?

Gary Bakerloo

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Wed 17 Aug, 2016 9:09 am

tigerman80 wrote: I agree with pretty much all you said.The difference in my opinion to yours is that i believe last week was our "must win" game. We were playing at home in front of a bumper crowd against a team we had to beat. To me, you would take the punt with Brooks at 80 or 90% fitness to win this game. It would have put us 3 points up on the titans and now we play away to penrith and warriors. Again its my opinion which doesnt make it any better than yours, but thats the point of a forum, isnt it?
That's fair enough. The unknown here is the extent of the injury and medical staff's assessment. There is an element of risk with all of these types of decisions. They only lost by the distance of about 2 circumferences of the crossbar - they weren't that far off getting a completely perfectly decision.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Wed 17 Aug, 2016 9:21 am

foreveratiger wrote:
Icon wrote:
Geo. wrote:Oh my..Farah will go one day...whatever will we do then..

I just want to shout out to the 17 selected who represent the Mighty Wests Tigers this week to take on the Pamfers...smash em boys do is proud...we are far from a 1 man team...
that's the point though, isn't it, he will be gone one day, but right now he is not and he's needed in the team. So why not play him.
It wouldn't be a good look on JT if Robbie was to have a Man of the Match performance and help us beat the Panthers, it's more easier to loose than to swallow your pride.

Anyway it's only a matter of time for JT and look forward to reading where his next begging will be :lol:
So if we win ..it's justified ..?
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Wed 17 Aug, 2016 9:31 am

foreveratiger wrote:
Icon wrote:

I just want to shout out to the 17 selected who represent the Mighty Wests Tigers this week to take on the Pamfers...smash em boys do is proud...we are far from a 1 man team...
that's the point though, isn't it, he will be gone one day, but right now he is not and he's needed in the team. So why not play him.
It wouldn't be a good look on JT if Robbie was to have a Man of the Match performance and help us beat the Panthers, it's more easier to loose than to swallow your pride.

Anyway it's only a matter of time for JT and look forward to reading where his next begging will be :lol:
The next coach will have my full support
:D
Vice President of the Michael Chee-Kam Fan Club .

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Wed 17 Aug, 2016 9:32 am

Geo. wrote:
foreveratiger wrote:
Icon wrote:

If we were to win , we'd rack up more points if Farah were to play ... Don't you think !
Vice President of the Michael Chee-Kam Fan Club .

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Wed 17 Aug, 2016 9:37 am

avocadoontoast wrote:Who will play hooker when Halatau goes off?

Take your pick mate
Anyone of the 13 i guess, frustrating

Some teams take 2 hookers into 1 game
Our coach was dumb enough to have 3 on at one time and now his is even dumber taking 1 who cant play the whole game in that spot

Im done, bit like our season

Im feeling that rage today - Who stole my Sack Taylor sign ??

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Wed 17 Aug, 2016 9:42 am

tigerman80 wrote:
I agree with pretty much all you said.The difference in my opinion to yours is that i believe last week was our "must win" game. We were playing at home in front of a bumper crowd against a team we had to beat. To me, you would take the punt with Brooks at 80 or 90% fitness to win this game. It would have put us 3 points up on the titans and now we play away to penrith and warriors. Again its my opinion which doesnt make it any better than yours, but thats the point of a forum, isnt it?
Your opinion about it being a must win game is fine but your opinion about whether Brooks was fit to play or was simply too big a risk is based on nothing. You didn't watch him train, you read reports that he trained. You haven't assessed his injury, nor have you read any expert medical advice regarding his injury. You haven't talked to Brooks about it. You just don't have enough information to fairly be critical of the decision.

Sure Tom Trbojevic played with an obvious injury - how did he go again?

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Wed 17 Aug, 2016 9:53 am

[quote="Geo."semi's="foreveratiger"]
Icon wrote:[togethero."]Oh my..Farah will go one day...whatever will we do then..

that's the point though, isn't it, he will be gone one day, but right now he is not and he's needed in the team. So why not play him.[/quote]

Anyway it's only a matter of time for JT and look forward to reading where his next begging will be :lol:[/quote]

So if we win ..it's justified ..?[/quote]

My opinion won't change on JT even if we win and make the semi's.
For me team selections, past game plans ( Taylorball ) , poor Man Management skills, certain players still playing 1st Grade when form doesn't warrant it, makeshift positions .

I thought he was getting it right with playing Robbie of the bench but anyway anyone can put the Jigsaw puzzle pieces together.....it's not hard.

I don't want to be all gloom but Unfortunately Panthers will win 13+.....I'll gladly eat humble Pie if we win.
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Wed 17 Aug, 2016 10:53 am

Newcastle were in the game for a long period on the weekend, and had they had a bit more class could have put Penrith to the sword in the first half, but apparently we're going to get toweled because Farah's missing.

The melodramatics in this thread kills me.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Wed 17 Aug, 2016 10:56 am

foreveratiger wrote:[quote="Geo."semi's="foreveratiger"]
Icon wrote:[togethero."]Oh my..Farah will go one day...whatever will we do then..

Anyway it's only a matter of time for JT and look forward to reading where his next begging will be :lol:[/quote]

My opinion won't change on JT even if we win and make the semi's
For me team selections, past game plans ( Taylorball ) , poor Man Management skills, certain players still playing 1st Grade when form doesn't warrant it, makeshift positions .

I thought he was getting it right with playing Robbie of the bench but anyway anyone can put the Jigsaw puzzle pieces together.....it's not hard.

I don't want to be all gloom but Unfortunately Panthers will win 13+.....I'll gladly eat humble Pie if we win.[/quote]
That would be the definition of pig headedness. I remember you specifically saying at the start of the yr that 9th to 12th would be a pass mark for Taylor.

willow

Post by willow » Wed 17 Aug, 2016 11:08 am

tigerman80 wrote:
innsaneink wrote:I'll have faith that the rehab, strength & conditioning team know what theyre doing as opposed to some internet expert

Its one area the last couple of seasons the club has improved in dramatically
No mr expert i was quoting your master " we eered on the side of caution" . Again it my opinion, your opinion which is always different to mine is not right, yet you still follow me around. Since you have all the inner workings of the club , and unlike everyone else on here your opinion is fact, maybe you can use those connections with the strength and conditioning team to help you with your recurring wrist injury.
And that's the last personal attack you will make against a member on this forum .

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Wed 17 Aug, 2016 11:26 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:

I don't want to be all gloom but Unfortunately Panthers will win 13+.....I'll gladly eat humble Pie if we win.[/quote]
That would be the definition of pig headedness. I remember you specifically saying at the start of the yr that 9th to 12th would be a pass mark for Taylor.[/quote]

You seem to carry this chip about you and quote anyone that has a deferring opinion, back and forth like your opinion is correct and is the only one that matters it's seriously boring.

But so you know I don't need to hide from the fact that I want Taylor gone and will be stoked when it happens......big deal.

Well might be a pass mark but then again when you consider Tedesco (Origin rep), Simona Samoan international, Sue Samoan international, Woods ( Origin rep) , Farah ( Origin Rep) , Lovett and Nofo ( City Rep) a decent Coach would of achieved more.

Then again the past Month apart from the Cowboys we have played under strength sides especially Parra and still struggled to put decent scores on them.

Anyway worst case scenario Taylor will be here just one more year an extension past that would be laughable in itself.
Like anything in life you pay quality you get quality.
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Wed 17 Aug, 2016 11:41 am

foreveratiger wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:

That would be the definition of pig headedness. I remember you specifically saying at the start of the yr that 9th to 12th would be a pass mark for Taylor.[/quote]

You seem to carry this chip about you and quote anyone that has a deferring opinion, back and forth like your opinion is correct and is the only one that matters it's seriously boring.

But so you know I don't need to hide from the fact that I want Taylor gone and will be stoked when it happens......big deal.

Well might be a pass mark but then again when you consider Tedesco (Origin rep), Simona Samoan international, Sue Samoan international, Woods ( Origin rep) , Farah ( Origin Rep) , Lovett and Nofo ( City Rep) a decent Coach would of achieved more.

Then again the past Month apart from the Cowboys we have played under strength sides especially Parra and still struggled to put decent scores on them.

Anyway worst case scenario Taylor will be here just one more year an extension past that would be laughable in itself.
Like anything in life you pay quality you get quality.[/quote]
This is a forum, no need to get petty when someone else disagrees with what you say. The whole " im entitled to my opinion blah blah" is childish. Yes you are entitled, but people are entitled to disagree. I don't pass off my opinion as fact more than any other person. The way you seem offended by me disagreeing with you makes it seem like that's more up your ally

But i digress

As for the rest of your post, firstly using Lovett as an example for why we should be in a better position lol. Whatever is convenient for the argument i guess. I also find it ridiculous that that every win we've had has been downplayed as an excuse to ride the coach. As for you not willing to change your opinion if you're wrong, that is quite childish imo and an opinion id more expect to see from dregs on facebook, not the forum which i always like to think has more educated opinions. They are just my opinions,no offence :roll:

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Wed 17 Aug, 2016 12:42 pm

Nelson wrote:
tigerman80 wrote:
Your opinion about it being a must win game is fine but your opinion about whether Brooks was fit to play or was simply too big a risk is based on nothing. You didn't watch him train, you read reports that he trained. You haven't assessed his injury, nor have you read any expert medical advice regarding his injury. You haven't talked to Brooks about it. You just don't have enough information to fairly be critical of the decision.

Sure Tom Trbojevic played with an obvious injury - how did he go again?
Tom had one to forget.... Poor bloke

stevied

Post by stevied » Wed 17 Aug, 2016 12:53 pm

I think Lovett is a wasted bench spot. Earlier in the season he was making great strides but lately he has been totally ineffective. I'd rather have Littlejohn there as the back up hooker.

fulleightyminutes

Post by fulleightyminutes » Wed 17 Aug, 2016 1:30 pm

rex2ce wrote:Why does every topic on this forum degenerate into a Farah v Taylor rant, some of you people should meet behind the grandstand and sort it out and give the rest of us a break
Agree.

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Wed 17 Aug, 2016 1:40 pm

fulleightyminutes wrote:
rex2ce wrote:Why does every topic on this forum degenerate into a Farah v Taylor rant, some of you people should meet behind the grandstand and sort it out and give the rest of us a break
Agree.
Theres not enough room behind the grandstand,way to many combatants,they wouldnt know who was who... :roll
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D