Rankin

Bengaliwolf

Re: Rankin

Post by Bengaliwolf » Sat 20 Aug, 2016 9:23 am

king sirro wrote:I would have him on the bench next week to come on and play a traditional hookers role, not this crap of reshuffling so many players.
I feel like this may be part of the issue with the team. We shouldn't be happy with having a part time hooker. Maybe having a utility player on the bench is ok but having a plan to have a guy on the bench specifically to give your hooker a break seems crazy to me.
I like Rankin as a player, although he's had some shockers I agree. I think k what I like is generally he plays with enthusiasm. If I had to choose between him and the one dimensional lovett for example, I'd choose Rankin as the bench player. But I reckon he would do better in the centres but we have no need for him there.

ricksen

Post by ricksen » Sat 20 Aug, 2016 9:31 am

foreveratiger wrote:
ricksen wrote:
foreveratiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:Oh the joy you must feel...
You had to be there Geo it was funny though, never seen a Coach in a suit basically warm up with the squad.
How many games have you been to recently? He does this every week.
Don't live in Sydney.
Good answer! Fair enough.

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sat 20 Aug, 2016 9:37 am

Defiant wrote:Please tell me he is not signed for next year?
Bad news ...he is :rant
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Swordy

Post by Swordy » Sat 20 Aug, 2016 11:11 am

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Swordy wrote:To be fair, Rankin had an absolute shocker. Every player has one and tonight was his turn. He will never play this bad again.

I hope he lifts from here and it makes him a better player and person. Some of them recover. Some never do. Nights like tonight can smash a bloke to pieces forever. Its horrible to watch.
You gaurantee that do you? Lol
Yes i do, because its not physically possible. :D
Sunshine Coast resident.
Tigers fan since birth in 1969.
Fond memories of Leichhardt Oval every home game as a kid with my Dad!

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Sat 20 Aug, 2016 11:16 am

There were stories he was being shopped to other clubs. After last nights game I am not sure there would be many that would take him for free

eyewonder

Post by eyewonder » Sat 20 Aug, 2016 11:28 am

poor bugger.

he has been taylors goffer all year and cops a lot of criticism.

he did save a try on the bell last night.

but he is not a fullback,winger,dummy half or where ever the coach's wim is.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sat 20 Aug, 2016 1:52 pm

Swordy wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Swordy wrote:To be fair, Rankin had an absolute shocker. Every player has one and tonight was his turn. He will never play this bad again.

I hope he lifts from here and it makes him a better player and person. Some of them recover. Some never do. Nights like tonight can smash a bloke to pieces forever. Its horrible to watch.
You gaurantee that do you? Lol
Yes i do, because its not physically possible. :D
Sorry , you're probably right,but its possible to maybe get close to that level. That's scary enough :lol:

Mac tiger

Post by Mac tiger » Sat 20 Aug, 2016 2:39 pm

He was awful but had plenty of company last night. Our forwards got 'owned' last night so it is unreasonable to single Rankin out.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sat 20 Aug, 2016 2:46 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:I think he's tried his arse off through the year
But he's not a first grader and never will be
I feel for the guy. He seems like he really has a go. He seems to have a good attitude. I don't think he is a first grader.

Maybe he is a utility bench player but I reckon you are better off with someone who can come on and have an impact and I'm not sure if he can do that.

WTDiehard

Post by WTDiehard » Sun 21 Aug, 2016 10:56 am

He got owned.

At best he is a very average footballer that in the " modern game" is nothing more than a liability.

He is small, lacks genuine pace and is tossed around like a rag doll. He may be a nice guy and tries his hardest....but that does not make a successful NRL player is todays game.

JT has persisted with him but he is wasting his time. Rankin has been used as a bit of a pawn recently to justify keeping Farah in reserves.....it may have worked over the past 3-4 weeks but against Penrith but we got spanked and justifiably so.

I believe Farah should be moved on ( to help our cap for 2017 ) and to change the direction the team is heading in. But after losing teddy it may have been wise to have some experience in the middle.

Either way JT has made his mind up, Farah has not helped the club either by digging his heals in....

Anyway this year is over for us.....10 wins is a big improvement from recent years. Hopefully with a couple of good buys in the off season 2017 will be even better.

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Sun 21 Aug, 2016 11:35 am

Gary Bakerloo wrote:With all due respect, some of those Cleary kicks would have tested the best fullbacks in the game, but he struggled nonetheless. We missed our first choice fullback tonight. Cost us at least 4 sets.

Spot on Gary, Penrith's game plan on our makeshift fullback was carried out to perfection. Other fullbacks would've struggled for sure, but it's a nightmare for an inexperienced guy like Rankin.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

tigermac88

Post by tigermac88 » Sun 21 Aug, 2016 11:46 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
westTAHger wrote:Would be ironic, If Jordan Rankin puts in man of match performance against the Warriors.
Seals the win for wests tigers with on a outstanding individual try.
It would be downplayed, don't worry about that.
Yeh I even think some would give JT credit if Rankin had a blinder. :lol: