Rankin

Eddie

Rankin

Post by Eddie » Fri 19 Aug, 2016 9:06 pm

Seriously.

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Fri 19 Aug, 2016 9:37 pm

I feel sorry for the guy. I believe he has some talent, but JT has thrown him into all sorts of positions that are foreign to him, in his first year with us, and expected him to be our backline Saviour and fix everything up. It's been a tad unfair imo and will probably stunt his development as an NRL player.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Fri 19 Aug, 2016 9:46 pm

i lost count of how many errors he made and how many tries were directly scored from them..

I think she should retire with Dene

Mauklin

Post by Mauklin » Fri 19 Aug, 2016 9:53 pm

Yep, he's been at fullback a couple of times this year and never looked comfortable. I think Simona would have been a better option but fullback was the least of our problems tonight.
A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices --William James

Eye Of Da Tiger

Post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Fri 19 Aug, 2016 10:02 pm

Only in our team.

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Fri 19 Aug, 2016 10:04 pm

Flippedy wrote:I feel sorry for the guy. I believe he has some talent, but JT has thrown him into all sorts of positions that are foreign to him, in his first year with us, and expected him to be our backline Saviour and fix everything up. It's been a tad unfair imo and will probably stunt his development as an NRL player.
Hooker, Winger, Fullback.

Your exactly right.

Has not been easy for him.

maxxy86

Post by maxxy86 » Fri 19 Aug, 2016 10:05 pm

I reckon he ranked 34 tonight on the best on field.......hahahahaha
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Fri 19 Aug, 2016 10:07 pm

Flippedy wrote:I feel sorry for the guy. I believe he has some talent, but JT has thrown him into all sorts of positions that are foreign to him, in his first year with us, and expected him to be our backline Saviour and fix everything up. It's been a tad unfair imo and will probably stunt his development as an NRL player.
Agree 100% he had a night he'd rather forget but he's been plugging holes everywhere and IMO he's done a fantastic job for the majority of the year in every position he's had to fill in. It's unfortunate for him he crumbled tonight but I'd like to see him take the no 4 spot next year. If he goes no good then by all means turf him, but at least give him a chance to lock down a position.

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Fri 19 Aug, 2016 10:11 pm

Love the WestsTigers wrote:i lost count of how many errors he made and how many tries were directly scored from them..

I think she should retire with Dene

Yet the two games previous he was hailed a great recruit....Rankin is a class player and if you think he is Tedesco then think again,he was put in the position to fill in for Teddy,the guy has been shifted all over the park to cover positions during the season and has done his best,I give him credit for doing his best mostly in unfamiliar positions,some on here should really have a good think before they make foolish statements......
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Fri 19 Aug, 2016 10:12 pm

TIGER wrote:
Agree 100% he had a night he'd rather forget but he's been plugging holes everywhere and IMO he's done a fantastic job for the majority of the year in every position he's had to fill in. It's unfortunate for him he crumbled tonight but I'd like to see him take the no 4 spot next year. If he goes no good then by all means turf him, but at least give him a chance to lock down a position.
As I said in another thread... we are starting our utility on the wing rather than eating a bench spot. Hard to hate on the bloke, he has always given his all in whatever has been asked of him.

He isnt a winger, he isnt a full-back, hell he probalby isnt a starting first grader anything... but many games this year, if he wasnt there, we really didnt have any other options.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Fri 19 Aug, 2016 10:17 pm

I think he's tried his arse off through the year
But he's not a first grader and never will be

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Fri 19 Aug, 2016 10:19 pm

He isn't a first grader

Carefactor

Post by Carefactor » Fri 19 Aug, 2016 10:20 pm

Calling the Rankin Wankin squad ? Im sure they will try find positives as he clicks over the 20 error mark and takes the lead for our most error ridden player :)

Kavi

Post by Kavi » Fri 19 Aug, 2016 10:22 pm

had a fair try striped off him...
nrl refs

Born tiger

Post by Born tiger » Fri 19 Aug, 2016 10:24 pm

Yes I feel sorry for him as well.. He deserves to be the starting 5/8 in NSW cup..

If he came to the Tigers thinking he was getting a starting spot in the halves then he his dumber than I thought...

Rankin the Ron Massey Cup player came to the only team in the NRL that would have guaranteed him a first grade spot and if you can remember TigerTorches post, then you would remember that the only team that the Tigers thought they could dump rankin to was Newcastle.

Born tiger

Post by Born tiger » Fri 19 Aug, 2016 10:25 pm

Kavi wrote:had a fair try striped off him...
nrl refs
I was watching the game and saying "Rankin, you don't deserve a try"

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 19 Aug, 2016 10:28 pm

Born tiger wrote:
Kavi wrote:had a fair try striped off him...
nrl refs
I was watching the game and saying "Rankin, you don't deserve a try"
Did he run over your dog?

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Fri 19 Aug, 2016 10:30 pm

Bad start ..got worse from there..but he kept trying...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...