Rankin

bp tiger

Re: Rankin

Post by bp tiger » Fri 19 Aug, 2016 11:48 pm

i will defend rankin, he does not pick himself JT does that so get dirty on JT not rankin. the bloke is a a-grade type player but when u have a moron like JT picking u what can u do.

Post by 851 » Sat 20 Aug, 2016 12:12 am

pacman wrote:
Swordy wrote:To be fair, Rankin had an absolute shocker. Every player has one and tonight was his turn. He will never play this bad again.

I hope he lifts from here and it makes him a better player and person. Some of them recover. Some never do. Nights like tonight can smash a bloke to pieces forever. Its horrible to watch.
He's had plenty of shockers. I don't understand what anyone sees in this player. Lacklustre in attack and terrible in defence. Does not even know his own best position. Even his 'good' games (there a very few of them mind you) are only 'good' because he doesn't do anything which directly contributes to the opposition scoring.

Rugby League is a game of momentum. Jordan Rankin is a player who often gifts the opposition big momentum. We cannot have him playing first grade in 2017 if we want to make some noise. He is a big problem.
Couldn't agree more, the bloke has had a few deadest shockers plus a stack of ordinary games and 2 good games, he is way out of his depth, like the coach who keeps picking him. :bash
Go hard or go home

willow

Post by willow » Sat 20 Aug, 2016 12:15 am

Jack of all trades, master of none unfortunately.

Club Sandwich

Post by Club Sandwich » Sat 20 Aug, 2016 12:16 am

851 wrote:
pacman wrote:
Swordy wrote:To be fair, Rankin had an absolute shocker. Every player has one and tonight was his turn. He will never play this bad again.

I hope he lifts from here and it makes him a better player and person. Some of them recover. Some never do. Nights like tonight can smash a bloke to pieces forever. Its horrible to watch.
He's had plenty of shockers. I don't understand what anyone sees in this player. Lacklustre in attack and terrible in defence. Does not even know his own best position. Even his 'good' games (there a very few of them mind you) are only 'good' because he doesn't do anything which directly contributes to the opposition scoring.

Rugby League is a game of momentum. Jordan Rankin is a player who often gifts the opposition big momentum. We cannot have him playing first grade in 2017 if we want to make some noise. He is a big problem.
Couldn't agree more, the bloke has had a few deadest shockers plus a stack of ordinary games and 2 good games, he is way out of his depth, like the coach who keeps picking him. :bash
I couldn't agree more. Rankin, although he tries hard, is just not first grade material. He's a reserve grader to be called upon only if the top 17 (and even a few others) are injured or on rep duties.
I'm embarrassed that this guy keeps getting selected each week for us. Him and Malone shouldn't ever be in our starting team again. Any other coach would of dropped him by now, i just can't work it out.
Tigers tragic since 1980.

fergiefurr

Post by fergiefurr » Sat 20 Aug, 2016 12:23 am

pacman wrote:

Agree 100%

All the times we've said 'rankin played well' have generally been because he wasn't completely diabolical and cost us a heap of points. Look I'm sure he's the first to training, is a great bloke and tries his butt out but the guy isn't and had never been a first grade NRL player.

I can think of countless times he has cost us.

* against parra on Easter he gets a ball 5m with no one within a mile of him and falls over. Gordon comes and covers him

* against the dogs we've scored to take the lead and have all the momentum, Simona makes a break, kicks infield, rankin couldn't get a better bounce and he drops it cold. Dogs score next set and win

* the diabolical drops tonight which lead to 3 tries against us. Essentially if teddy or any semi non terrible fullback plays we conceded 18 less points.

The guy is terrible, like so so bad. I would take Hasan Saleh or Mark O'Halloran over him. Seriously

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Sat 20 Aug, 2016 12:27 am

The saddest part of it all......is that this guy is a full-time Professional player and gets paid for going to training and staying back with JT kicking goals :lol:

Not his fault I suppose, blame the clueless begger.
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

Club Sandwich

Post by Club Sandwich » Sat 20 Aug, 2016 12:32 am

He has to be dropped next week. Bring in Hunt. Heck, even a mannequin with a Tigers jersey could do better. He's cooked. Done. Don't let the door hit you on the way out

Club Sandwich

Post by Club Sandwich » Sat 20 Aug, 2016 12:36 am

TrueTiger wrote:some on here should really have a good think before they make foolish statements......
Yep, you should, because if you are defending Rankin and saying he is NRL standard then you haven't got a bloody clue

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sat 20 Aug, 2016 12:40 am

foreveratiger wrote:The saddest part of it all......is that this guy is a full-time Professional player and gets paid for going to training and staying back with JT kicking goals :lol:

What made me laugh tonight was during the warm up , SuperCoach Taylor was out on the field wearing his cheap suit giving his pet shop boy Rankin some pointers :lol:

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 20 Aug, 2016 12:43 am

Oh the joy you must feel...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:03 pm

Sorry FT , you know I'm not the brightest match in the pile

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 20 Aug, 2016 12:45 am

hobbo2803 wrote:
foreveratiger wrote:The saddest part of it all......is that this guy is a full-time Professional player and gets paid for going to training and staying back with JT kicking goals :lol:

What made me laugh tonight was during the warm up , SuperCoach Taylor was out on the field wearing his cheap suit giving his pet shop boy Rankin some pointers :lol:
Hilarious.

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Sat 20 Aug, 2016 12:46 am

hobbo2803 wrote:

Didn't we laugh :lol: :lol: even the ground announcer was laughing :lol:
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sat 20 Aug, 2016 12:48 am

Geo. wrote:Oh the joy you must feel...
Good to see you tipped Penrith in the $$$$
Comp :D

Your slowly learning :lol:

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Sat 20 Aug, 2016 12:49 am

You had to be there Geo it was funny though, never seen a Coach in a suit basically warm up with the squad.

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sat 20 Aug, 2016 12:50 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
hobbo2803 wrote:

Hilarious.
It was , shame you couldn't make it to the game!
Next time !

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 20 Aug, 2016 12:51 am

hobbo2803 wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
hobbo2803 wrote:

Hilarious.
It was , shame you couldn't make it to the game!
Next time !
Beers are on you

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sat 20 Aug, 2016 12:52 am

foreveratiger wrote:
You had to be there Geo it was funny though, never seen a Coach in a suit basically warm up with the squad.
Jason Taylor even threw a forward pass to Rankin
:roll

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 20 Aug, 2016 12:57 am

hobbo2803 wrote:
Good to see you tipped Penrith in the $$$$
Comp :D

Your slowly learning :lol:
Well of course I did...Penrith should have won..very disappointed in the Wests Tigers performance...especially the forward pack...stark contrast to the team that thumped the Cowboys...

Glad to see you are revelling in it ...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:03 pm

Sorry FT , you know I'm not the brightest match in the pile