Re: Rankin

Unread post by hobbo » Sat 20 Aug, 2016 1:01 am

Geo. wrote:
hobbo2803 wrote:
Geo. wrote:Oh the joy you must feel...
Good to see you tipped Penrith in the $$$$
Comp :D

Your slowly learning :lol:
Well of course I did...Penrith should have won..very disappointed in the Wests Tigers performance...especially the forward pack...stark contrast to the team that thumped the Cowboys...

Glad to see you are revelling in it ...
I know it's hard for some , especially the JT fan boys ( yourself included ) but sometimes you've just got to laugh !

The hot dogs were great tonight !!
Shame the boys played like soggy battered Savs !
EPL 2014/15 Predict 6
Competition ...CHAMPION !
Winner of the 2016 $$$$
Work tipping comp !

foreveratiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by foreveratiger » Sat 20 Aug, 2016 1:03 am

Geo. wrote:
hobbo2803 wrote:

Well of course I did...Penrith should have won..very disappointed in the Wests Tigers performance...especially the forward pack...stark contrast to the team that thumped the Cowboys...

I called it early in the week, Panthers +13 so really was no surprise to me.
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 258 times
Been liked: 397 times

Unread post by Geo. » Sat 20 Aug, 2016 1:07 am

hobbo2803 wrote:
Geo. wrote:
hobbo2803 wrote:

I know it's hard for some , especially the JT fan boys ( yourself included ) but sometimes you've just got to laugh !

The hot dogs were great tonight !!
Shame the boys played like soggy battered Savs !
JT Fanboy..?

Change in Coach for all I care...going off tonight our problems run far deeper than that...

It's not about laughing..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

Carefactor
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by Carefactor » Sat 20 Aug, 2016 2:47 am

fergiefurr wrote:
pacman wrote:
Swordy wrote:To be fair, Rankin had an absolute shocker. Every player has one and tonight was his turn. He will never play this bad again.

I hope he lifts from here and it makes him a better player and person. Some of them recover. Some never do. Nights like tonight can smash a bloke to pieces forever. Its horrible to watch.
He's had plenty of shockers. I don't understand what anyone sees in this player. Lacklustre in attack and terrible in defence. Does not even know his own best position. Even his 'good' games (there a very few of them mind you) are only 'good' because he doesn't do anything which directly contributes to the opposition scoring.

Rugby League is a game of momentum. Jordan Rankin is a player who often gifts the opposition big momentum. We cannot have him playing first grade in 2017 if we want to make some noise. He is a big problem.
Agree 100%

All the times we've said 'rankin played well' have generally been because he wasn't completely diabolical and cost us a heap of points. Look I'm sure he's the first to training, is a great bloke and tries his butt out but the guy isn't and had never been a first grade NRL player.

I can think of countless times he has cost us.

* against parra on Easter he gets a ball 5m with no one within a mile of him and falls over. Gordon comes and covers him

* against the dogs we've scored to take the lead and have all the momentum, Simona makes a break, kicks infield, rankin couldn't get a better bounce and he drops it cold. Dogs score next set and win

* the diabolical drops tonight which lead to 3 tries against us. Essentially if teddy or any semi non terrible fullback plays we conceded 18 less points.

The guy is terrible, like so so bad. I would take Hasan Saleh or Mark O'Halloran over him. Seriously
Dont forget the Knights and the flying ball excuse .

Carefactor
Has liked: 19 times

Unread post by Carefactor » Sat 20 Aug, 2016 2:48 am

This is GOLD !!!!!!!

TrueTiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 60 times

Unread post by TrueTiger » Sat 20 Aug, 2016 6:10 am

TigerWoods wrote:
TrueTiger wrote:some on here should really have a good think before they make foolish statements......
Yep, you should, because if you are defending Rankin and saying he is NRL standard then you haven't got a bloody clue
The part you left out of the post was,after Jordan's last couple of games people were saying how well he has played and has been a good buy for his utility value...
And I do have a clue,I refuse to bag out an individual for a bad performance when others were just as bad....
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

NT Tiger
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 39 times

Unread post by NT Tiger » Sat 20 Aug, 2016 6:20 am

Rankin had a shocker, and I think it had an impact on the game but I wouldn't blame him for the loss. That was a team effort.
"Quality Stupidity"

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 139 times
Been liked: 54 times

Unread post by jadtiger » Sat 20 Aug, 2016 7:11 am

NT Tiger wrote:Rankin had a shocker, and I think it had an impact on the game but I wouldn't blame him for the loss. That was a team effort.
You are 100% correct the loss started from the coaching and the team were extremely poor for the entire game.I am far from a fan of rankin but he was one of many who was poor

goldcoast tiger
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 66 times

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Sat 20 Aug, 2016 7:36 am

Swordy wrote:To be fair, Rankin had an absolute shocker. Every player has one and tonight was his turn. He will never play this bad again.

I hope he lifts from here and it makes him a better player and person. Some of them recover. Some never do. Nights like tonight can smash a bloke to pieces forever. Its horrible to watch.
You gaurantee that do you? Lol

Tigertigertiger

Unread post by Tigertigertiger » Sat 20 Aug, 2016 7:36 am

Rankin had a shocker......he wasn't alone

Kev can't defend for peanuts.....he wasn't alone

Rotating a 1/3 of the team to give a hooker a break .....coach needs to sort that rubbish out

goldcoast tiger
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 66 times

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Sat 20 Aug, 2016 7:40 am

Born tiger wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Born tiger wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote: What indication did he ever give of this? You seem to be going beyond bagging him out as a player. Going off you're last couple of posts, you obviously have something personal against him
Yeah I do, just off the frustration I have built up I just can't stand him.. As a few people said he trains hard, he's polite, put him in first grade.

The thing is the fact the positions he is listed for in his profile are as per his comments

Position: Utility, Fullback, Five-eighth

If he is calling himself a fullback and dropping balls that any other first grader could have caught..

Even JT noticed it.. Taylor had to do something but he knew he couldn't take him off..

GNR, read the comments other people have posted about his game, I don't think he got nominated for the 3 points just let me say that..
Why is he dumber than you thought? Someone has a shocker of a game and that makes them dumb?
I'm not going to argue the point.. People should not feel sorry for him.. He is of reserve grade standered and has played 19 first grade games this year..

Don't take everything so seriously
It does make you wonder how a player that is generally that bad can be selected week after week.
It surely can't be good for the Cohesion of the team.

LCA
Been liked: 17 times

Unread post by LCA » Sat 20 Aug, 2016 7:52 am

He deserves criticism he's getting today, but I think he's been solid or better all season! He has been handed a demanding task through the coach's lunacy in selection and tactics but Raking can't be blamed for that. Taylor on the other hand, through his selection policy and incompetent man management skills, deserves every bit of venom thrown his way.

king sirro
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Unread post by king sirro » Sat 20 Aug, 2016 7:56 am

I think Rankin shows decent potential as a hooker, i really do. He has great energy, nice pass, speed out of dummy half, he's big enough, experience playing in the halves so he has some smarts about him and he's an effort player and effort players suit hooker. He does NOT have the class for fullback or wing and it shows badly, there is no hiding from that.

I would have him on the bench next week to come on and play a traditional hookers role, not this crap of reshuffling so many players.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

Defiant
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by Defiant » Sat 20 Aug, 2016 9:09 am

Please tell me he is not signed for next year?

westTAHger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 22 times

Unread post by westTAHger » Sat 20 Aug, 2016 9:16 am

Would be ironic, If Jordan Rankin puts in man of match performance against the Warriors.
Seals the win for wests tigers with on a outstanding individual try.
:sign: once a sprite in black and white.
now I am bold, in black, white and gold

" Hell and heaven, they can wait for you,
So go and do all the things that you want to do ".

From the Stereophonics song " C'est La Vie

ricksen
Has liked: 9 times

Unread post by ricksen » Sat 20 Aug, 2016 9:16 am

foreveratiger wrote:
You had to be there Geo it was funny though, never seen a Coach in a suit basically warm up with the squad.
How many games have you been to recently? He does this every week.

foreveratiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by foreveratiger » Sat 20 Aug, 2016 9:20 am

ricksen wrote:
foreveratiger wrote:
You had to be there Geo it was funny though, never seen a Coach in a suit basically warm up with the squad.
How many games have you been to recently? He does this every week.
Don't live in Sydney.
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 205 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 20 Aug, 2016 9:22 am

westTAHger wrote:Would be ironic, If Jordan Rankin puts in man of match performance against the Warriors.
Seals the win for wests tigers with on a outstanding individual try.
It would be downplayed, don't worry about that.

Return to “Round 24: Wests Tigers vs Penrith Panthers”