Move Moses to 7 and dominant Play caller?

Eddie

Move Moses to 7 and dominant Play caller?

Post by Eddie » Fri 19 Aug, 2016 11:28 pm

Is it time to make Moses him the boss of the team at number 7?

This Brooks/Moses partnership I just have not seen it. Tonight might not havebeen the best gauge because Brooks had a strapped knee but the writing has been on the wall. He have played much tougher football with Just Moses at 7 and a sidekick at 6.

Luke seems to be going sideways as a footballer. Mitch is stepping up to the plate.

For me one has to take control and that has to be Mitch. He is a leader.

Brooks can fight it out for the 6 jumper.

Gary Bakerloo

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Fri 19 Aug, 2016 11:30 pm

No. Brooks at 7 and Moses at 6.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 19 Aug, 2016 11:31 pm

The club needs to seriously reconsider the halves combination going forward over the summer.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Fri 19 Aug, 2016 11:39 pm

Lockyer played in the No'6..dominated for the Broncos for a decade...the Number means nothing as to who controls the team...

Brooks back early from injury was solid in defence ..earned a nice repeat set...Of course he was going to take the back seat tonight...Moses has been in slashing form..

Neither will dominate a game when the Pack gets owned like it did tonight..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Fri 19 Aug, 2016 11:44 pm

Your making my point for me Geo.

What I should have said is is it worth paying top dollar for both these players when its clear we need to improve up front.

ricksen

Post by ricksen » Fri 19 Aug, 2016 11:45 pm

Brooks was on one leg tonight, I wouldn't read too much into tonight's game.
Dunno if you could see it on tv, but he was basically limping in back play for half the game.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Fri 19 Aug, 2016 11:45 pm

I still think that it's not so much that Moses plays better without Brooks .
It's More that they both play better if they are on their own .
Brooks has also played a whole lot better when Moses isn't there .
I don't know why it is, but they are nowhere as good together

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Fri 19 Aug, 2016 11:56 pm

Geo. wrote:Lockyer played in the No'6..dominated for the Broncos for a decade...the Number means nothing as to who controls the team...

Brooks back early from injury was solid in defence ..earned a nice repeat set...Of course he was going to take the back seat tonight...Moses has been in slashing form..

Neither will dominate a game when the Pack gets owned like it did tonight..

Well said Geo. Seems like Brooks is going to be the scapegoat for those who thrive on transferring blame on individuals instead of the collective.
Probably would not of played if the game was not so important, and his performance was not the reason we got beat so convincingly.

greatodensraven

Post by greatodensraven » Sat 20 Aug, 2016 12:23 am

Probably our worst game of the season tonight. Every panthers try was soft.

That's not on Brooks or Moses.

marzie

Post by marzie » Sat 20 Aug, 2016 12:53 am

Brooks has been in good form for most of the year I reckon he does his job pretty well. I don't understand why he cops it so much on here. Just because Moses has been better recently doesn't mean brooksy is crap

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sat 20 Aug, 2016 1:36 am

Moses copped the rough stuff again a few times tonight. Opposing teams have got him read - do long passes out to the winger and intercept them.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sat 20 Aug, 2016 7:09 am

How can u judge the halves after a game where all the players inside and outside them played like cats?
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

Boonboon2

Post by Boonboon2 » Sat 20 Aug, 2016 9:36 am

I actually thought Brooks was good last night. He was playing on 1 leg and was clearly hobbling often yet despite that he kicked well, only missed 2 tackles from 17 which is awesome given his normal tackling and his injury and looked solid especially given most of our forwards didnt turn up and our outside backs gave up defence as an option and made stupid mistakes. Our halves were prob the highlight

tigers2005

Post by tigers2005 » Sat 20 Aug, 2016 9:43 pm

Eddie wrote:Is it time to make Moses him the boss of the team at number 7?

This Brooks/Moses partnership I just have not seen it. Tonight might not havebeen the best gauge because Brooks had a strapped knee but the writing has been on the wall. He have played much tougher football with Just Moses at 7 and a sidekick at 6.

Luke seems to be going sideways as a footballer. Mitch is stepping up to the plate.

For me one has to take control and that has to be Mitch. He is a leader.

Brooks can fight it out for the 6 jumper.
Yes i agree with you 100%. Brooks wasnt willing to sign a 3 year contract at $600k. Moses is probably going to want $800k, and teddy probably $1million.

Take yesterdays game out of the equation (he wasnt fully fit), but has there been one gsme this year where brooks has taken control, has there been any improvement in his game? To me the answer is no.

I would start from this year. Id try Moses at 7 and put Hunt at 6 (goal kicker as well). Make it clear Moses runs the show.

Boonboon2

Post by Boonboon2 » Sun 21 Aug, 2016 3:17 pm

I would keep both as I think they are a great combination. While each plays better when the other isn't their that is due to
1. When they are on their own they are the dominant half so they get 2/3 of the ball instead of half the ball so they look more involved.
2. When they are on their own Tedesco also goes to which ever side they are on more so again they look better because he is brilliant whereas normally they share him

They have both improved on last year (in fact when you look at the individuals I would say other then Farah and Sironen every single player has improved under JT this year)

Brooks has improved in try assists, line break assists, tackle breaks, offloads while reducing his errors significantly and reducing penalites given away

Moses has improved in TA, LBA, Line breaks, tackle breaks and his defence has looked much more solid

We can keep 3 playmakers just need to stop wasting money on a reserve grade hooker

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Mon 22 Aug, 2016 7:36 am

Geo. wrote:Lockyer played in the No'6..dominated for the Broncos for a decade...the Number means nothing as to who controls the team...
Yep. No reason to change anything.

ricksen

Post by ricksen » Mon 22 Aug, 2016 12:32 pm

Agree with BB2 - LB is fine. His kicking game still needs some work, and I think he needs to get a bit more vocal and arrogant out there, but he's coming along nicely.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Mon 22 Aug, 2016 12:42 pm

ricksen wrote:Agree with BB2 - LB is fine. His kicking game still needs some work, and I think he needs to get a bit more vocal and arrogant out there, but he's coming along nicely.
I stated it a few months ago and someone repeated the other day that he has a habit of going missing in action if things are not working out for him. Maybe it was due to RF not giving it out that side to avoid him - he was a shocker not too long ago.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)