Move Moses to 7 and dominant Play caller?

tsjonathan

Re: Move Moses to 7 and dominant Play caller?

Post by tsjonathan » Mon 22 Aug, 2016 12:49 pm

Honestly, I know he's gone but what would people have thought about

6. Te Maire Martin
7. Moses
1. Tedesco

Or even if we had lost tedesco to the raiders

1. Moses
6. Te Maire
7. Brooks

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Mon 22 Aug, 2016 1:05 pm

Both have come on leaps and bounds this year, completely different styles of footballers but I guess Moses is the one you would hand the keys to the team to, but we need Brooks as well

Kavi

Post by Kavi » Mon 22 Aug, 2016 1:10 pm

we need a calming half with a good short and long kicking game

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 22 Aug, 2016 1:18 pm

Luke Walsh needs a new home. Granted his kicking game is about all he's good for though.
And the sky is filled with light, can you see it?
And the black is really white, if you believe it.
And the longing that you feel, you know none of this is real;
You will find a better place, in this twilight...

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Mon 22 Aug, 2016 1:31 pm

Brooks is ok.... though I do agree he can go missing, there is also a difference between being invisible and doing your job well, and going missing altogether.

I dont see the need for the swap in jumpers, because although Moses seems to read the game better, they do seem to understand each other well enough for Brooks to play the first receiver role and push the team down the park to Moses' direction, all the while giving Mitchell more time to evaluate the line, and having the pigs work wider of the ruck.

Brooks stats bar his tackling are actually pretty good, which seems to play into the invisible scenario... Melbourne won comps off the back of invisible type playmakers. Brooks just needs to find consistency in his game is all.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 22 Aug, 2016 2:53 pm

Brooks needs to take the line on more. His tackling can be better, but it's a damn sight better than last year. There is effort in most tackles he makes now, last year he was shirt grabbing and afraid to put his body on the line.
And the sky is filled with light, can you see it?
And the black is really white, if you believe it.
And the longing that you feel, you know none of this is real;
You will find a better place, in this twilight...

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Liddy

Post by Liddy » Mon 22 Aug, 2016 4:06 pm

I think it comes down to the fact that we can't afford to pay them both $700000-$800000 per season.

Agree with most on here that Moses should be the one to throw the dollars at and then have a halves partner that is a workmanlike footballer. Get someone who has a good short and long kicking game and is a good defender

We can't afford to pay both of them the big dollars......

ricksen

Post by ricksen » Mon 22 Aug, 2016 4:52 pm

A half with a good kicking game and strong in defence will likely get $600k plus under the new TV deal & salary cap.

Milky

Post by Milky » Mon 22 Aug, 2016 6:12 pm

I would be happy with

6. Moses
7. Walsh

Brooks needs to learn the trade off someone like Cronk. He has potential but needs guidance.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Mon 22 Aug, 2016 6:48 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:Brooks needs to take the line on more. His tackling can be better, but it's a damn sight better than last year. There is effort in most tackles he makes now, last year he was shirt grabbing and afraid to put his body on the line.
I assure you this year he has pulled shirts, skirts, sleeves and shorts - like a butterfly without any bite or harm.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Mon 22 Aug, 2016 7:06 pm

Nothing wrong with Luke's contributions... If you are expecting them to be as good as Cronk & Thurston, you have another 3 years to wait.

Luke & Mitchell are a very good Halves combination. Their stats are very similar for the role they are playing and that is a great sign. As a combination based on contribution, they are second to the Hunt/Milford combo.

How much would you pay those two?
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017