Panthers premiership

galea#11

Panthers premiership

Unread post by galea#11 » Sat 20 Aug, 2016 1:56 pm

Looking at the panthers youth if they don't win a comp in 2-3 yrs they are kidding themselves. They are covered for all positions

goldcoast tiger

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Sat 20 Aug, 2016 2:11 pm

Possible , but a lot can happen in even I yr. that can change things,
But I wouldn't be surprised if they do, Cleary has been a hell of a find for them, talk about talent and guts for an 18 yr old.

galea#11

Unread post by galea#11 » Sat 20 Aug, 2016 4:25 pm

Cleary will name his price closest thing to complete halfback At only 18

Properossi

Unread post by Properossi » Sat 20 Aug, 2016 4:50 pm

Moylan is not as good as suggested. Without a decent spine they can't and won't.
Moylan Crabs sideways and backwards a lot.
Martin will be very good Cleary very good Moylan coming back to the field becoming average quickly whinges a lot like J Lyon.

Moylan=mythical good player

No premiership for the panfers.

Muffstar

Unread post by Muffstar » Sat 20 Aug, 2016 5:37 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:Possible , but a lot can happen in even I yr. that can change things,
But I wouldn't be surprised if they do, Cleary has been a hell of a find for them, talk about talent and guts for an 18 yr old.
He sure is and the coach has them motivated and fired up at the right end of the season.

maxxy86

Unread post by maxxy86 » Sat 20 Aug, 2016 5:51 pm

Like I've said before about Moyland that he reminds me of Brett Hodgson. The times nearly right for them to win a premiership but it won't be this year. With the right set of halves good forward pack and x factors to boot.
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

galea#11

Unread post by galea#11 » Sat 20 Aug, 2016 7:24 pm

Agree Moylan is talented but not the hype they give him
Be Intersting if panthers have bidding war for him
They won't need him with team they can build

Fade To Black

Unread post by Fade To Black » Sat 20 Aug, 2016 7:40 pm

Panthers would be 1000/1 to win the premiership this season. They whooped it up last night against a team that didnt want to be there, a decent bustling defensive unit will totally shut them down. Cartwright's passes out his arse will result in a few runaway intercepts over the coming weeks and their defence is too shoddy to hold up in semi finals away from Penrith Park. They will be cannon fodder.
The next few years maybe they are a chance, no sure things though. They do seem to have a rather large chequebook (Tamou joins them next season) so they may buy another few rep players to bolster their current squad as well.

GNR4LIFE

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 21 Aug, 2016 10:01 am

They've been building for 5 years. They'll definitely be contenders in the next 2 or 3 years. They're almost there now, but they don't play for 80 minutes. I said a few months ago they were who we should model themselves on, by finding the balance of utilising a massive junior nursery and making solid signings. We have a lot of the same tools they have, it's a shame we don't use them.

Swordy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by Swordy » Sun 21 Aug, 2016 10:20 am

For an area with such a huge junior nursery, and they have been like that for at least 30 years, they have been the conti ual disappointments in my book. Has always been very much a boys club and that is what has stuffed them over the years. From what i know, not a great deal has changed.
Sunshine Coast resident.
Tigers fan since birth in 1969.
Fond memories of Leichhardt Oval every home game as a kid with my Dad!

Kavi

Unread post by Kavi » Sun 21 Aug, 2016 10:38 am

Fade To Black wrote:Panthers would be 1000/1 to win the premiership this season. They whooped it up last night against a team that didnt want to be there, a decent bustling defensive unit will totally shut them down. Cartwright's passes out his arse will result in a few runaway intercepts over the coming weeks and their defence is too shoddy to hold up in semi finals away from Penrith Park. They will be cannon fodder.
The next few years maybe they are a chance, no sure things though. They do seem to have a rather large chequebook (Tamou joins them next season) so they may buy another few rep players to bolster their current squad as well.
you will find we are the ones with those odds

Furious1

Unread post by Furious1 » Sun 21 Aug, 2016 3:06 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:They've been building for 5 years. They'll definitely be contenders in the next 2 or 3 years. They're almost there now, but they don't play for 80 minutes. I said a few months ago they were who we should model themselves on, by finding the balance of utilising a massive junior nursery and making solid signings. We have a lot of the same tools they have, it's a shame we don't use them.
I had the pleasure of doing a tour of their training academy. Nothing short of outstanding. The sooner we do model ourselves on them the better. Everything about that club atm points to success.

Fade To Black

Unread post by Fade To Black » Sun 21 Aug, 2016 7:34 pm

Kavi wrote:
Fade To Black wrote:Panthers would be 1000/1 to win the premiership this season. They whooped it up last night against a team that didnt want to be there, a decent bustling defensive unit will totally shut them down. Cartwright's passes out his arse will result in a few runaway intercepts over the coming weeks and their defence is too shoddy to hold up in semi finals away from Penrith Park. They will be cannon fodder.
you will find we are the ones with those odds
Our season is done.
Panthers are next to no hope of winning it this year. They look flash against weak opposition but they don't have the steel to win the big games.

galea#11

Unread post by galea#11 » Sat 27 Aug, 2016 2:14 pm

Not talking bout this yr they have the building blocks for great team but are 2-3 yrs off

Te Marie Martin and Cleary will complement a sharp side

1/4 chicken,chips

Unread post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Sat 03 Sep, 2016 8:57 am

They do and if we buy a few players ,,we will be playing them in the big games

Return to “Round 24: Wests Tigers vs Penrith Panthers”