Post match interview

Bob
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 2 times

Post match interview

Unread post by Bob » Sat 20 Aug, 2016 2:28 pm

Did anyone catch the last question?? They should put subtitles up or at least get the journos to ask there questions into the mic.

Mac tiger
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by Mac tiger » Sat 20 Aug, 2016 2:41 pm

i was wondering the same thing - must have been something about the judiciary decision or Farah's return. NRL needs to do better here - can barely hear the question asked at the best of times.

goldcoast tiger
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 65 times

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Sat 20 Aug, 2016 2:43 pm

It would help,v but I still heard Taylors answer to what happened apparently , that they were down on energy,
Not Sh.t coaching or lunatic position changes.
We were down on energy
He said that the warm up was great,
So somewhere between the warm up, and the first of a rain of tries , the team lost their energy , apparently

Just clearing something up,
That was earlier in the presser
Nothing to do with the question that Mac Tiger asked about
Last edited by goldcoast tiger on Sat 20 Aug, 2016 4:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TrueTiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 60 times

Unread post by TrueTiger » Sat 20 Aug, 2016 3:14 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:It would help,v but I still heard Taylors answer to what happened apparently , that they were down on energy,
We were down on energy
So somewhere between the warm up, and the first of a rain of tries , the team lost their energy , apparently

GCTto be honest,I think the last 2 games has taken a toll on our young team and maybe the energy levels were low,but they must learn to play in these types of games because it is nrl and there is no place for the faint hearted,have a look at the Broncos/Dogs game it was hard,fast and tough this is what finals football is all about and I dont think this team is ready for that yet....forget about JT and all the dramas and positional changes for a minute,our team got owned and found out in many areas of the game last night,the heart and toughness they were producing in the last few games wasnt there...hence the scoreline....AND NO Im not looking for an arguement,just being rational and feeling really dissapointed at the moment as many of us must be today.....
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Newtown
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by Newtown » Sat 20 Aug, 2016 3:16 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:It would help,v but I still heard Taylors answer to what happened apparently , that they were down on energy,
We were down on energy
Seems like they lost their energy when they started seeing the big Penrith forwards running towards them.

goldcoast tiger

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Sat 20 Aug, 2016 4:36 pm

TrueTiger wrote:
We were down on energy

GCTto be honest,I think the last 2 games has taken a toll on our young team and maybe the energy levels were low,but they must learn to play in these types of games because it is nrl and there is no place for the faint hearted,have a look at the Broncos/Dogs game it was hard,fast and tough this is what finals football is all about and I dont think this team is ready for that yet....forget about JT and all the dramas and positional changes for a minute,our team got owned and found out in many areas of the game last night,the heart and toughness they were producing in the last few games wasnt there...hence the scoreline....AND NO Im not looking for an arguement,just being rational and feeling really dissapointed at the moment as many of us must be today.....
That could be part of it, but Panthers are similar to us in experience, maybe less, yet they played l way above us. And with a lot more determination IMO

pHyR3

Unread post by pHyR3 » Sat 20 Aug, 2016 4:51 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
TrueTiger wrote:
We were down on energy

That could be part of it, but Panthers are similar to us in experience, maybe less, yet they played l way above us. And with a lot more determination IMO
really? their team is better than us for sure - especially their back rowers

cartwright (yes i know he played at 6), yeo, fisher harris and trent merrin. then campbell gillard off the bench too at prop
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

goldcoast tiger

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Sat 20 Aug, 2016 5:14 pm

pHyR3 wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
TrueTiger wrote:
We were down on energy

cartwright (yes i know he played at 6), yeo, fisher harris and trent merrin. then campbell gillard off the bench too at prop
I agree that they are a better team, but I'm pretty sure that apart from Merrin, they wouldn't be much older or experienced than us, could be wrong but I'm pretty sure.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 76 times

Unread post by formerguest » Sat 20 Aug, 2016 5:15 pm

Didn't catch the final question, but Taylor pretty much echoed my thoughts on the match with his replies.

Woods also changed tack mid sentence, when he seemed to be about to blame the effort or lack of it from a couple of fellow forwards

ricksen
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by ricksen » Mon 22 Aug, 2016 5:04 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
pHyR3 wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
TrueTiger wrote:

I agree that they are a better team, but I'm pretty sure that apart from Merrin, they wouldn't be much older or experienced than us, could be wrong but I'm pretty sure.
Our 17 had around 500 more NRL caps than Penrith's 17.
Youth and inexperience isn't an excuse any more.

goldcoast tiger

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 22 Aug, 2016 9:37 pm

ricksen wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
pHyR3 wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:

Our 17 had around 500 more NRL caps than Penrith's 17.
Youth and inexperience isn't an excuse any more.
I'm surprised that we have that much more experience than Penrith.
The Panthers are really young
It certainly blows the inexperience excuse out of the water.

mctiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by mctiger » Tue 23 Aug, 2016 4:50 pm

Bob wrote:Did anyone catch the last question?? They should put subtitles up or at least get the journos to ask there questions into the mic.
I wrote to the NRL recently about being able to hear the questions as well as the answers and was told:

"The post-match press conference broadcast is provided to NRL.com by Fox Sports. The microphones are placed on the table and they do not have a boom to pick up media questions. Given the number of journalists at theses post-match interviews and the different positions they stand in, it is difficult for Fox Sports to provide audio across the entire room.

A roving microphone was trialled a few years ago however it was difficult to manage logistically. In saying that, we are always looking at how we can make improvements and I have ensured your comments are registered and passed on.

Thanks again for writing to us"

I also asked about the subtitles in a subsequent reply and was told they would pass the idea on.....

Sco77y
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by Sco77y » Tue 23 Aug, 2016 5:08 pm

mctiger wrote:
Bob wrote:Did anyone catch the last question?? They should put subtitles up or at least get the journos to ask there questions into the mic.
I wrote to the NRL recently about being able to hear the questions as well as the answers and was told:

"The post-match press conference broadcast is provided to NRL.com by Fox Sports. The microphones are placed on the table and they do not have a boom to pick up media questions. Given the number of journalists at theses post-match interviews and the different positions they stand in, it is difficult for Fox Sports to provide audio across the entire room.

A roving microphone was trialled a few years ago however it was difficult to manage logistically. In saying that, we are always looking at how we can make improvements and I have ensured your comments are registered and passed on.

Thanks again for writing to us"

I also asked about the subtitles in a subsequent reply and was told they would pass the idea on.....
Nice work mctiger. It's ridiculous isn't it? So bad that the answers to some of the questions become redundant.. Maybe they could mic up each reporter - no mic, no questions? I'm not sure how it works but surely it couldn't be that hard..

wd in perth
Has liked: 6 times

Unread post by wd in perth » Thu 25 Aug, 2016 11:25 am

Is there a link to the press conference? Can't seem to find it.

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 224 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Thu 25 Aug, 2016 12:53 pm

Not hearing the questions has been a gripe of mine for years now...

Its 2016... It wouldn't be too difficult

goldcoast tiger

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Thu 25 Aug, 2016 2:12 pm

It's ridiculous

Kavi

Unread post by Kavi » Thu 25 Aug, 2016 3:29 pm

wd in perth wrote:Is there a link to the press conference? Can't seem to find it.
http://www.nrl.com/rd-24-press-conferen ... fault.aspx

wd in perth
Has liked: 6 times

Unread post by wd in perth » Thu 25 Aug, 2016 3:55 pm

Kavi wrote:
wd in perth wrote:Is there a link to the press conference? Can't seem to find it.
http://www.nrl.com/rd-24-press-conferen ... fault.aspx
Thanks kavi

Return to “Round 24: Wests Tigers vs Penrith Panthers”