Lawrence

jirskyr

Re: Lawrence

Post by jirskyr » Sat 20 Aug, 2016 10:32 pm

Team gets owned by Penrith, but Lawrence is the one to worry about.

Okay...

Paris Cobbs

Post by Paris Cobbs » Sun 21 Aug, 2016 7:06 am

jctiger wrote:
Paris Cobbs wrote:There's no greater Rowdy fan than me. I happened to be at Leichhardt Oval on the day when he dislocated his hip. I've never seen a hush descend on a crowd as it did when he was wheeled off on a stretcher.

Now I'm more worried about his head and the fact that he is getting bashed too often by oppositions. Chris' head is worth more than most footballers, he's a very bright young man.
You sure you weren't at Campbelltown that day Cobbs.
To much to drink maybe !
Ok, I know I was at a rugby league game somewhere!
Cheering for the mighty Wests Tigers, all the way from France.

jctiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jctiger » Sun 21 Aug, 2016 9:17 am

Paris Cobbs wrote:
jctiger wrote:
Paris Cobbs wrote:There's no greater Rowdy fan than me. I happened to be at Leichhardt Oval on the day when he dislocated his hip. I've never seen a hush descend on a crowd as it did when he was wheeled off on a stretcher.

Now I'm more worried about his head and the fact that he is getting bashed too often by oppositions. Chris' head is worth more than most footballers, he's a very bright young man.
To much to drink maybe !
All good,
I was at the game as well,
I had to double check to see if I was at LO

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 21 Aug, 2016 9:44 am

He was still screaming in pain when he was being put into the ambulance and had to be sedated when they put the hip back in. Ironic that some demand Farah be shown respect for all the blood, sweat and tears he's given the club, they criticise the club for thinking of their players as commodities and have short memories, then you see them talk about Lawrence. A player who was on track to being a regular rep player, who was valued as highly as James Tedesco, then after one debilitating injury people have wanted to nothing but throw him out with the garbage ever since.

Talk about irony.

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Sun 21 Aug, 2016 10:20 am

jctiger wrote:
Paris Cobbs wrote:
jctiger wrote:

To much to drink maybe !
All good,
I was at the game as well,
I had to double check to see if I was at LO
Yeah it was definitely at C'town, I remember seeing it from the grandstand (it's about the only time I've ever sat there).

notarealtiger

Post by notarealtiger » Mon 22 Aug, 2016 9:40 am

Plays with heart every week. First full year as a forward and he's being used as an 80 minute player. Naturally his body is showing signs of depreciation towards the back-end of the year. With that said, some people are really being harsh.

He runs hard, tackles hard, and runs good lines. Quality player.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 22 Aug, 2016 10:25 am

I'd say after this contract he'll probably hang the boots up.

He still runs good lines, can poke his head through a fair bit, shame we don't have guys running off his hip.

He's battered but still gives 100% every game. All heart.
#penaltyTigers

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Masterton

Post by Masterton » Mon 22 Aug, 2016 10:44 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:I'd say after this contract he'll probably hang the boots up.

He still runs good lines, can poke his head through a fair bit, shame we don't have guys running off his hip.

He's battered but still gives 100% every game. All heart.
I'd like to see him play on with a cheap contract, pop up in first grade every now again. Never seems to happen anymore.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 22 Aug, 2016 11:16 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:Club legend. Noticing more and more he's always one of the whipping boys after a loss.
What's surprising about that ?
That's the way we roll here
Our next two years drama will be trying to move him on, by the sound of it.
Hope he's got a good manager

maxxy86

Post by maxxy86 » Mon 22 Aug, 2016 12:20 pm

I wasn't trying to put any blame on rowdy for the loss however he does seem spent at the moment. What we need is a more mobile and potent backrow and maybe play him off the bench or not for 80 minutes.
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

ricksen

Post by ricksen » Mon 22 Aug, 2016 12:27 pm

jirskyr wrote:Team gets owned by Penrith, but Lawrence is the one to worry about.

Okay...
There are plenty of other threads discussing other performances.
In a terrible performance, Lawrence stood out as being particularly poor. Had some good games this season, but I think his body has gradually run down over the last few weeks - suspect he's been carrying an injury.
I think he (and Simona) have struggled a tad as a result of LB's struggles this year, as neither have really been used effectively. We seem to be giving Lawrence early ball and using Simona as a crash runner rather than the other way around (which has resulted in success more often).
I love the guy, but he's a long way off a top tier edge forward.

VanillaThunder

Post by VanillaThunder » Mon 22 Aug, 2016 12:39 pm

Honestly the bloke's been one of our most consistent players all season. He always tries hard and makes more of a dent than Aloiai or Sue, both forwards by trade rather than necessity. Yep, he wore a few big shots against Penrith and that took it's toll, but so did Ava and he went off shortly after. It seems like he is being mismanaged this season as last year he only got better as his stints got longer, and Sue seems to have regressed since the start of the year.
Lawrence isn't going to be an international back rower but he's an immense asset to the club in his professionalism and drive to succeed no matter what is put in front of him, I've got no doubt he'll go about his rehab faultlessly and be back better than ever. At this stage he provides solid front on contact, more often than not a quick play the ball and a realistic option for Brooks on the left hand side (compared to Aloiai who's still learning his lines).
More pressure needs to be put on the blokes in the middle to stand up before Rowdy cops any. Jedwards and Lovett are unlucky in that they're in the top 25 and Taylor keeps picking them, because they should go long before Rowdy.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 22 Aug, 2016 1:47 pm

VanillaThunder wrote:Honestly the bloke's been one of our most consistent players all season. He always tries hard and makes more of a dent than Aloiai or Sue, both forwards by trade rather than necessity. Yep, he wore a few big shots against Penrith and that took it's toll, but so did Ava and he went off shortly after. It seems like he is being mismanaged this season as last year he only got better as his stints got longer, and Sue seems to have regressed since the start of the year.
Lawrence isn't going to be an international back rower but he's an immense asset to the club in his professionalism and drive to succeed no matter what is put in front of him, I've got no doubt he'll go about his rehab faultlessly and be back better than ever. At this stage he provides solid front on contact, more often than not a quick play the ball and a realistic option for Brooks on the left hand side (compared to Aloiai who's still learning his lines).
More pressure needs to be put on the blokes in the middle to stand up before Rowdy cops any. Jedwards and Lovett are unlucky in that they're in the top 25 and Taylor keeps picking them, because they should go long before Rowdy.
Couldn't argue with that.

barra

Post by barra » Mon 22 Aug, 2016 2:23 pm

VanillaThunder wrote:Honestly the bloke's been one of our most consistent players all season. He always tries hard and makes more of a dent than Aloiai or Sue, both forwards by trade rather than necessity. Yep, he wore a few big shots against Penrith and that took it's toll, but so did Ava and he went off shortly after. It seems like he is being mismanaged this season as last year he only got better as his stints got longer, and Sue seems to have regressed since the start of the year.
Yep, well said VT!

In a pack that too often seems to come up short on ticker, CL can't do it all himself.

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Mon 22 Aug, 2016 3:56 pm

A case of the heart ruling the mind. Unfortunately time to move on and buy a class second rower preferably a good kicker as well, Penrith have many good forwards so they may let one go.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 22 Aug, 2016 4:03 pm

Brilliant post Vanilla, couldn't agree with you more.
#penaltyTigers

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Mon 22 Aug, 2016 5:07 pm

notarealtiger wrote:He runs hard, tackles hard, and runs good lines. Quality player.
He isn't really a problem is he.

Poppa

Post by Poppa » Mon 22 Aug, 2016 5:29 pm

He played 1st grade quite young and now maybe the big hits are telling. However I seen him play some good games this year while others haven't performed as well. He is all effort, one year up here as a center he broke the cowboys line repeatedly and in a losing side was the best for WT. Remember the Panthers are a young, fit, well coached side. Get well Chris we need you back(maybe next year)..

:sign: :supporter:
Cheers Poppa