WESTS Tigers Team V Warriors...

Knuckles
Member
Member
Posts: 2786
Joined: Wed 15 Jul, 2009 10:11 am

Re: WESTS Tigers Team V Warriors...

Post by Knuckles » Tue 23 Aug, 2016 7:51 pm

It's not a strong looking team is it ..... Could be another big score line coming.


Snake
Member
Member
Posts: 4799
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 5:37 pm

Post by Snake » Tue 23 Aug, 2016 7:58 pm

The whining is from the group that can not believe there superhero has meet his match ,just a big YAWN ..only two more weeks and gone forever :righton: .

User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 32192
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: Perth

Post by willow » Tue 23 Aug, 2016 8:35 pm

vlad wrote:Fwiw Nofa played fullback in the juniors & played NSW u18s as fullback .

There's been plenty of cases of players starting first grade on the wing or centres then ending up at fullback . Some that spring to mind are Slater , Inglis , Munster & more recently Trbojevic .

Nofa is ranked 1st in the NRL for tackle busts . A handy talent to have for kick returns .

Who knows if a bloke like Tedesco didn't come along , Nofa may have been our permanent #1.

Worth a try IMO .
He's a better option at 1 than Rankin that's for sure. I would have been inclined to throw Chee-Kam into the centres and shift Frozone onto the wing in place of Rankin after last week's debacle.

Not confident we'll win this week. I suspect the Warriors will bounce back at home and beat us by a couple of tries. Still, I hope we have a good crack at them this week and improve our defence considerably.

User avatar
vlad
Member
Member
Posts: 768
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 7:56 pm

Post by vlad » Tue 23 Aug, 2016 8:41 pm

willow wrote:
vlad wrote:Fwiw Nofa played fullback in the juniors & played NSW u18s as fullback .

There's been plenty of cases of players starting first grade on the wing or centres then ending up at fullback . Some that spring to mind are Slater , Inglis , Munster & more recently Trbojevic .

Nofa is ranked 1st in the NRL for tackle busts . A handy talent to have for kick returns .

Who knows if a bloke like Tedesco didn't come along , Nofa may have been our permanent #1.

Worth a try IMO .
He's a better option at 1 than Rankin that's for sure. I would have been inclined to throw Chee-Kam into the centres and shift Frozone onto the wing in place of Rankin after last week's debacle.

Not confident we'll win this week. I suspect the Warriors will bounce back at home and beat us by a couple of tries. Still, I hope we have a good crack at them this week and improve our defence considerably.
Yep I agree . Need a big body to shut down Kata on their left side .

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 27492
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Tue 23 Aug, 2016 8:57 pm

Then he has Vatuvai on his outside as well... Against our left.
Scary thought


goldcoast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5806
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by goldcoast tiger » Tue 23 Aug, 2016 9:30 pm

hobbo2803 wrote:
avocadoontoast wrote:
Newtown wrote:Rankin at wing also takes the high kicks well.
Huh?
Rankin was awesome under the high ball last week !
Didn't you watch last weeks game :lol:
Taylor would rather cut off an arm and a leg ( his own) than drop rankin. Is he JT 's long lost love child or something ?

hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 8497
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by hobbo » Tue 23 Aug, 2016 9:35 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
hobbo2803 wrote:
avocadoontoast wrote:
Newtown wrote:Rankin at wing also takes the high kicks well.
Huh?
Rankin was awesome under the high ball last week !
Didn't you watch last weeks game :lol:
Taylor would rather cut off an arm and a leg ( his own) than drop rankin. Is he JT 's long lost love child or something ?
Must be some sort of twisted unconditional love thing !
Christ knows what he sees in him .

ricksen
Member
Member
Posts: 1840
Joined: Fri 17 Jul, 2015 9:10 pm

Post by ricksen » Tue 23 Aug, 2016 9:38 pm

innsaneink wrote:Then he has Vatuvai on his outside as well... Against our left.
Scary thought
Manu plays left side - he'll be up against Rankin by the look of it.

TYGA
Member
Member
Posts: 1949
Joined: Sat 23 May, 2015 11:17 pm

Post by TYGA » Tue 23 Aug, 2016 10:09 pm

There will be a cricket score against us this week Warriors by plenty. We have thrown in the towel on the season.

User avatar
Mashies
Member
Member
Posts: 121
Joined: Wed 19 Aug, 2009 9:42 pm

Post by Mashies » Tue 23 Aug, 2016 10:35 pm

Good line up... Taylor making the right call to move Rankin back to the wing after he was found out last week... I am sure he will have a solid game. Hopefully Nofo will go alright at fullback.

For those whinging about some of the selections, i am pretty sure there is more to coaching than dropping a player because he had a bad game... Every player in the team has had their share of good performances this year...

With the exception of Ted and Brooksy i am pretty sure this is the same group of players that beat the Cowboys, no reason we can't win against the Warriors...

Eddie
Member
Member
Posts: 3371
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 3:05 pm

Post by Eddie » Tue 23 Aug, 2016 11:10 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
stevetiger wrote:I don't understand the complaints. Nofo at the back rather than Rankin is a good decision.
No idea what some were expecting. Complaining for the sake of it.
For once we agree.

They made a positive change.

People should at least recognise that.

User avatar
shakey4d
Member
Member
Posts: 1042
Joined: Mon 16 Apr, 2012 6:25 pm

Post by shakey4d » Wed 24 Aug, 2016 8:11 am

hobbo2803 wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
hobbo2803 wrote:
avocadoontoast wrote:
Huh?
Rankin was awesome under the high ball last week !
Didn't you watch last weeks game :lol:
Taylor would rather cut off an arm and a leg ( his own) than drop rankin. Is he JT 's long lost love child or something ?
Must be some sort of twisted unconditional love thing !
Christ knows what he sees in him .

Rankin was dropped like 3 weeks ago! Geez short memories. You do realise we have an injured fullback and a cap to manage right?

My choice would have been to bring Hunt in, but if we can't due to cap restrictions then Taylot doesn't have too many other options apart from bringing MCK in centres which may actually be a possibility with MCK 18th man?

Don't get me wrong, I think Rankins been played out of position all year and would have been far better used as a bench utility but that bed was made 6 months ago and not much can be done this week.

hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 8497
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by hobbo » Wed 24 Aug, 2016 8:23 am

shakey4d wrote:
hobbo2803 wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
hobbo2803 wrote:
Rankin was awesome under the high ball last week !
Didn't you watch last weeks game :lol:
Taylor would rather cut off an arm and a leg ( his own) than drop rankin. Is he JT 's long lost love child or something ?
Must be some sort of twisted unconditional love thing !
Christ knows what he sees in him .

Rankin was dropped like 3 weeks ago! Geez short memories. You do realise we have an injured fullback and a cap to manage right?

My choice would have been to bring Hunt in, but if we can't due to cap restrictions then Taylot doesn't have too many other options apart from bringing MCK in centres which may actually be a possibility with MCK 18th man?

Don't get me wrong, I think Rankins been played out of position all year and would have been far better used as a bench utility but that bed was made 6 months ago and not much can be done this week.
Have you finished adding to your posts ??

Rankin was dropped 10 weeks ago ... Round 14 v Dogs
Rankin should be dropped for good ...he offers nothing !

goldcoast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5806
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by goldcoast tiger » Wed 24 Aug, 2016 8:49 am

Mashies wrote:Good line up... Taylor making the right call to move Rankin back to the wing after he was found out last week... I am sure he will have a solid game. Hopefully Nofo will go alright at fullback.

For those whinging about some of the selections, i am pretty sure there is more to coaching than dropping a player because he had a bad game... Every player in the team has had their share of good performances this year...

With the exception of Ted and Brooksy i am pretty sure this is the same group of players that beat the Cowboys, no reason we can't win against the Warriors...
There's a difference between having a bad game, and being ordinary in most games.
Yes he's been stuffed around by putting him on the wing.
But hes the one who gets judged on his game once he plays.

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 17133
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains

Post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 24 Aug, 2016 8:50 am

Is Hunt contracted to the top 25 next year? Was his one year offer bumped up?
And the sky is filled with light, can you see it?
And the black is really white, if you believe it.
And the longing that you feel, you know none of this is real;
You will find a better place, in this twilight...

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

magpiecol
Member
Member
Posts: 2898
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 3:02 pm

Post by magpiecol » Wed 24 Aug, 2016 4:17 pm

hobbo2803 wrote:
shakey4d wrote:
hobbo2803 wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Taylor would rather cut off an arm and a leg ( his own) than drop rankin. Is he JT 's long lost love child or something ?
Must be some sort of twisted unconditional love thing !
Christ knows what he sees in him .

Rankin was dropped like 3 weeks ago! Geez short memories. You do realise we have an injured fullback and a cap to manage right?

My choice would have been to bring Hunt in, but if we can't due to cap restrictions then Taylot doesn't have too many other options apart from bringing MCK in centres which may actually be a possibility with MCK 18th man?

Don't get me wrong, I think Rankins been played out of position all year and would have been far better used as a bench utility but that bed was made 6 months ago and not much can be done this week.
Have you finished adding to your posts ??

Rankin was dropped 10 weeks ago ... Round 14 v Dogs
Rankin should be dropped for good ...he offers nothing !

In your humble opinion of course.

Ho hum.

:deadhorse: :deadhorse:

hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 8497
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by hobbo » Wed 24 Aug, 2016 4:41 pm

magpiecol wrote:
hobbo2803 wrote:
shakey4d wrote:
hobbo2803 wrote:
Must be some sort of twisted unconditional love thing !
Christ knows what he sees in him .

Rankin was dropped like 3 weeks ago! Geez short memories. You do realise we have an injured fullback and a cap to manage right?

My choice would have been to bring Hunt in, but if we can't due to cap restrictions then Taylot doesn't have too many other options apart from bringing MCK in centres which may actually be a possibility with MCK 18th man?

Don't get me wrong, I think Rankins been played out of position all year and would have been far better used as a bench utility but that bed was made 6 months ago and not much can be done this week.
Have you finished adding to your posts ??

Rankin was dropped 10 weeks ago ... Round 14 v Dogs
Rankin should be dropped for good ...he offers nothing !

In your humble opinion of course.

Ho hum.

:deadhorse: :deadhorse:

Oh look....its Magpie season !
Here comes Magpiecol swooping in flogging his dead horse !
Keep on flogging old man :lol:

User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 32192
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: Perth

Post by willow » Wed 24 Aug, 2016 8:58 pm

Cut it out guys.

Post Reply