WESTS Tigers Team V Warriors...

Masterton

Re: WESTS Tigers Team V Warriors...

Post by Masterton » Tue 23 Aug, 2016 5:33 pm

TigerWoods wrote:Rankin at 2? Whaaaaat?

Hunt should definitely have been given a run. He deserves it and he has been kicking goals very well in reggies.

I agree Lawrence needs to be omitted, more for a rest than anything. He's had a shocker the past two weeks. That bad play the ball right in front of the posts at the death against the Titans was the nail on the coffin. He'll bounce back but I think he needs to be dropped for a week.

Think MCK and Felise deserve another run too.
Can't play Felise because of the 2nd tier salary cap. I suspect the same with JAC. If we chose Hunt at fullback, we would still have to play Rankin & Dave on the wing.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

Club Sandwich

Post by Club Sandwich » Tue 23 Aug, 2016 5:34 pm

Newtown wrote:Rankin at wing also takes the high kicks well.
Please tell me that is sarcasm? That is one of the funniest things I've read on this forum.
Tigers tragic since 1980.

Club Sandwich

Post by Club Sandwich » Tue 23 Aug, 2016 5:35 pm

Masterton wrote:
TigerWoods wrote:Rankin at 2? Whaaaaat?

Hunt should definitely have been given a run. He deserves it and he has been kicking goals very well in reggies.

I agree Lawrence needs to be omitted, more for a rest than anything. He's had a shocker the past two weeks. That bad play the ball right in front of the posts at the death against the Titans was the nail on the coffin. He'll bounce back but I think he needs to be dropped for a week.

Think MCK and Felise deserve another run too.
Can't play Felise because of the 2nd tier salary cap. I suspect the same with JAC. If we chose Hunt at fullback, we would still have to play Rankin & Dave on the wing.
Oh right, dammit. Cheers for clarifying.
Tigers tragic since 1980.

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Tue 23 Aug, 2016 5:38 pm

hobbo2803 wrote:
avocadoontoast wrote:
Huh?
Rankin was awesome under the high ball last week !
Didn't you watch last weeks game :lol:
Rankin has been playing all season at wing not fullback. When he plays wing he is generally quite safe under the high ball. I would say that he takes the high ball at wing better than JAC.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Tue 23 Aug, 2016 5:40 pm

TigerWoods wrote:
Please tell me that is sarcasm? That is one of the funniest things I've read on this forum.
Why would you think an accurate remark to be sarcastic?

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Tue 23 Aug, 2016 5:44 pm

Newtown wrote:
hobbo2803 wrote:
avocadoontoast wrote:
Huh?
Rankin has been playing all season at wing not fullback. When he plays wing he is generally quite safe under the high ball. I would say that he takes the high ball at wing better than JAC.
But it's what happens if he does manage to catch a ball , Usually the opposition forces yet another line drop out .
Not a first grader by a long shot .
Offical member of the MCK fan club.

Chipofftheoldblock

Post by Chipofftheoldblock » Tue 23 Aug, 2016 5:47 pm

Terrible team.
I tell you what it shows is that if you make the team at the start of the year with the Tigers, you will always have a foot in the team no matter how you perform.
Both centres should of been dropped as well as Rankin.
Have a feeling that we will get smashed in our last 2 games which will destroy any good feeling we had over the previous 5-6 weeks.
Long preseason ahead and i bet not great recruiting again.

tigermac88

Post by tigermac88 » Tue 23 Aug, 2016 5:50 pm

hobbo2803 wrote:
Newtown wrote:
hobbo2803 wrote:
avocadoontoast wrote:
Huh?
But it's what happens if he does manage to catch a ball , Usually the opposition forces yet another line drop out .
Rankin obviously does a better job washing JT's car than Hunt does. Yet again JT shows he's got his little favourite boys that will get selected regardless of how poorly they perform.

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Tue 23 Aug, 2016 5:53 pm

tigermac88 wrote:
hobbo2803 wrote:
Newtown wrote:
hobbo2803 wrote:
Rankin obviously does a better job washing JT's car than Hunt does. Yet again JT shows he's got his little favourite boys that will get selected regardless of how poorly they perform.
My Hilux needs detailing !
Do you have Rankins number ?
Offical member of the MCK fan club.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Tue 23 Aug, 2016 6:01 pm

I don't understand the complaints. Nofo at the back rather than Rankin is a good decision.

greatodensraven

Post by greatodensraven » Tue 23 Aug, 2016 6:11 pm

I'd say Nofoaluma & Rankin will share FB duties throughout the game. Rankin had a shocker last week as the whole team did but this can be turned around - they just need to show some energy & get in the game. Still plenty to play for & we definitely have the capability.

What's more concerning to me is what happens to the team when Dene has a spell. Rankin to hooker is ok but Lovett to centre definitely isn't. For this reason alone MCK should take Lovett's bench spot. I really hope Lawrence is 100%, Brooks too for that matter.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 23 Aug, 2016 6:12 pm

stevetiger wrote:I don't understand the complaints. Nofo at the back rather than Rankin is a good decision.
No idea what some were expecting. Complaining for the sake of it.

ricksen

Post by ricksen » Tue 23 Aug, 2016 6:15 pm

stevetiger wrote:I don't understand the complaints. Nofo at the back rather than Rankin is a good decision.
Nofoaluma has been one of the better wingers in the NRL over the last month or so.
Rankin had an absolute shocker last week, and is clearly well down on confidence.
When you consider that Justin Hunt has been performing strongly in NSW cup, and is reportedly part of the top 25, it's a no-brainer to make a straight swap.

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Tue 23 Aug, 2016 6:15 pm

Chipofftheoldblock wrote:Terrible team.
I tell you what it shows is that if you make the team at the start of the year with the Tigers, you will always have a foot in the team no matter how you perform.
Have a feeling that we will get smashed in our last 2 games which will destroy any good feeling we had over the previous 5-6 weeks.

Well, perhaps not everyone ;)

Bit like groundhog day isn't it? :roll:
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

Chipofftheoldblock

Post by Chipofftheoldblock » Tue 23 Aug, 2016 7:28 pm

Flippedy wrote:
Chipofftheoldblock wrote:Terrible team.

Well, perhaps not everyone ;)

Bit like groundhog day isn't it? :roll:
Yep Flip, always groundhog with the tigers. The thing is we want people to be accountable for their performance. As a coach, you need to put pressure on players to perform at their best. The performance that Lawrence,Simona, Naiqama and Rankin produced last week deserved to be dropped. It was poor with the season on the line.
I would rather we gave MCK, Sirro, and some others another chance than play these blokes this week.
Taylor takes about the depth that he has but wont act on it and make changes.
As a fan, you are looking for a lift on Tuesday however the disappointment comes through when the team is announced after a pitiful performance last Friday night.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 23 Aug, 2016 7:43 pm

Waaaaaaa get the razors out...
Don't try to tell me awesome power can corrupt a person, you haven't enough to know what it's like; you're only angry because you wish you were in my position, you nod your head because you know that I'm right.

Fuerza en la adversidad.

cat-party

Post by cat-party » Tue 23 Aug, 2016 7:49 pm

Hunt is NOT top 25 so everyone stop having a cry about him not being picked.

Also do you really think Nofa will play FB where he's never played before? Him and Rankin will obv just swap on game day.

vlad

Post by vlad » Tue 23 Aug, 2016 7:50 pm

Fwiw Nofa played fullback in the juniors & played NSW u18s as fullback .

There's been plenty of cases of players starting first grade on the wing or centres then ending up at fullback . Some that spring to mind are Slater , Inglis , Munster & more recently Trbojevic .

Nofa is ranked 1st in the NRL for tackle busts . A handy talent to have for kick returns .

Who knows if a bloke like Tedesco didn't come along , Nofa may have been our permanent #1.

Worth a try IMO .