**Live game thread** Us vs the Warriors

cktiger

Re: **Live game thread** Us vs the Warriors

Post by cktiger » Sun 28 Aug, 2016 4:32 pm

I have to say it ... Thanks God we have Moses.
Without his will to win at the end of the game none of us would be smiling now.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 28 Aug, 2016 4:35 pm

How about Gasnier's comments before the game, saying the Titans deserved to be in the 8 but the Tigers and Warriors didn't. Forgetting that for the Warriors and Tigers to make it they'd have to win their last two games which would result in the them having 1 more win than the Titans. Goose.

On the game, Woods and Sue were outstanding. I could have strangled Simona, absolute brain dead performance. Moses is Moses. Rankin was solid, his goal kicking a real positive. I was really getting ready to unload on Brooks, but he came to the fore at the right moment with the 40/20. Still needs to get more involved though.

mctiger

Post by mctiger » Sun 28 Aug, 2016 4:38 pm

Yossarian wrote:
TIGER wrote:
Yossarian wrote:Gasnier is a tool bag of the highest order.
Gasnier is a tool but an honest one, we had better find something better than that if we end up taking on the Raiders for a shot.
It was more his tone.
Overall, I enjoy his commentary. He is open and honest and calls it as he sees it. Personally, I think they were harsh calls but that has been called all year. Woods playing for it I don't like but that has crept into his game a bit particularly when playing the ball. I have little sympathy on the first one as it was clearly forward. I don't believe the no try was a square up but it shouldn't have got there.

Anyway, its always easy for supporters commentators and media to blame the refs. What about Kata dropping it over the line and the miss tackles on JAC and the poor reads on the Sue tries etc.

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Sun 28 Aug, 2016 4:41 pm

cktiger wrote:I have to say it ... Thanks God we have Moses.
Yes, he is an exceptional player and always has been. I believe he will be our best shortly and most valuable.

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Sun 28 Aug, 2016 4:47 pm

BornBlack&Gold wrote:
innsaneink wrote:Can't hear but Gaz looks mighty butthurt
I think he had an absolute motza on the warriors by sound of him. Also pre game kept banging on about neither tigers or warriors deserve to make the eight compared to the titans... Can't understand his logic there, can only assume has another motza on titans making the eight.

Must've got on board the NRL/Hayne train bandwagon :roll:
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sun 28 Aug, 2016 4:53 pm

cktiger wrote:I have to say it ... Thanks God we have Moses.
Moses just comes up with big plays all the time. There was one run he did from dummy half that was awesome. He wants to win and will do anything to win at that level.

I reckon he is Tedesco like. Last year he looked likely. This year he has proven he belongs. Brooks needs to step up further but he was I think even better than Moses today.

tigermac88

Post by tigermac88 » Sun 28 Aug, 2016 5:19 pm

Brooks looks to be still suffering from that knee injury

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Sun 28 Aug, 2016 5:41 pm

Flippedy wrote:
BornBlack&Gold wrote:
innsaneink wrote:Can't hear but Gaz looks mighty butthurt
I think he had an absolute motza on the warriors by sound of him. Also pre game kept banging on about neither tigers or warriors deserve to make the eight compared to the titans... Can't understand his logic there, can only assume has another motza on titans making the eight.

Must've got on board the NRL/Hayne train bandwagon :roll:
That was my immediate thought too
"Quality Stupidity"

BornBlack&Gold

Post by BornBlack&Gold » Sun 28 Aug, 2016 6:13 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:How about Gasnier's comments before the game, saying the Titans deserved to be in the 8 but the Tigers and Warriors didn't. Forgetting that for the Warriors and Tigers to make it they'd have to win their last two games which would result in the them having 1 more win than the Titans. Goose
yeah but it's not what he WANTS to happen. i expect better of gaz in his commentary, to let his obvious personal preferance show through like that is something i expect from a tallis, or any and all of the channel 9 crew.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 28 Aug, 2016 6:22 pm

tigermac88 wrote:Brooks looks to be still suffering from that knee injury
Thought the same even tho I only saw the final fifteen minutes

Russell

Post by Russell » Sun 28 Aug, 2016 6:42 pm

innsaneink wrote:What's that Russ? Lol
Wouldn't have thought anyone would have noticed Ink and Flip Lol.

Our hard drive died a couple of weeks ago and have had to use the I phone - talk about frustration. Sorry guys.

Just as a sidelight - we lost all the data on our computer but a data recovery place at North Sydney called Payam managed to extract all our data for us. Some good news, now all we to do is buy a new computer - always something.

tigermac88

Post by tigermac88 » Sun 28 Aug, 2016 7:27 pm

innsaneink wrote:
He just looked injured every time he got tackled and tried to get up to play the ball today

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 28 Aug, 2016 8:18 pm

Just watching the IQed replay, we looked to get lucky with that no try on HT

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sun 28 Aug, 2016 8:26 pm

tigermac88 wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
He just looked injured every time he got tackled and tried to get up to play the ball today
Yet some on here were whining about the coach not picking him two weeks ago, go figure. Thought Moses carried a limp into the game as well.

As for the disallowed tries, well you simply can't run behind your own player and gain an advantage and has been that way, except for a short period when all sense went out the window, for more than a century.
Last edited by formerguest on Sun 28 Aug, 2016 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Sun 28 Aug, 2016 8:28 pm

innsaneink wrote:Just watching the IQed replay, we looked to get lucky with that no try on HT
The only reason we had to get lucky was because we were unlucky in the first place. The video ref just did the right thing and found the only reason he could not to give it. Justice won.

willow

Post by willow » Sun 28 Aug, 2016 8:29 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Definitely not 100% but with a bit more rest during the week hopefully his knee will continue to improve.

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Sun 28 Aug, 2016 8:54 pm

One of the tries that was awarded to the Warriors, came after Brooks kicked the first of his two 40/20`s.

If you watch the replay, big Manu puts his big foot on the side line as he stops the ball from hitting the ground. Should have been a Weststigers ball, not a Warriors try.

As for that pinhead Gasnier, he must have backed the Warriors.

The best team won.

greatodensraven

Post by greatodensraven » Sun 28 Aug, 2016 11:10 pm

Haven't had a chance to watch the game yet but really enjoyed all the comments on here. Won't be able to watch next weeks game either as I'll be in Santiago but hopefully the old girl LO will work her magic & get us home!

Go Tigers!!