Sirro plays last 5 Minutes

GNR4LIFE

Re: Sirro plays last 5 Minutes

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 28 Aug, 2016 4:41 pm

cktiger wrote:He didn't play big minutes because the coach doesn't like him and was basically forced to put him in the team.
Holds a grudge well does JT.
Or because he was sick.....

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sun 28 Aug, 2016 4:42 pm

cktiger wrote:He didn't play big minutes because the coach doesn't like him and was basically forced to put him in the team.
I don't believe this. I reckon he hates Robbie but I don't think he hates Sirro. I reckon Sirro hasn'tt really kicked on and performed to a high level.

I reckon though that Sirro is worth persisting with. It's not like he is much worse than Aloiai and I like Aloiai.

angry ant

Post by angry ant » Sun 28 Aug, 2016 4:44 pm

What a load of tripe! If Taylor doesn't like him or holds a grudge against Curtis why would he have put him on when the game was in the balance?

Yes I can see JTs logic now, Sirro is crap, I'll put him on when the season is on the line. Hopefully he drops the ball or something so I can be unemployed shortly... Seriously clutching at straws!

Boonboon2

Post by Boonboon2 » Sun 28 Aug, 2016 4:45 pm

Siro only plays minimal mintues because we didn't have any injuries.

If you look most weeks the 17th man doesen't get huge minutes unless we have injuries. However most weeks their is at least 1 injury.

Look at our team and the 2 props on the bench take up 4 interchanges, Halatau off and on takes up 2 interchange so that is 6 of your 8.

This means you only have 2 left and you want to save 1. This means that the 4th bench player has to come on and not go off. Given that unless you have injuries the 4th backrower is to replace ET when he has done enough which at 53 tackles including 4 in the last set before he went off he had today.

It isn't personal and same would have been for Chee-Kam if he was 4th reserve or Edwards/Lovett but its driven by injuries and limited interchange.

This is the same patter for any team who has a hooker not playing 80 minutes

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Sun 28 Aug, 2016 4:45 pm

Maybe that little stint in the reggies might just be the kick in the butt he needed.
I thought his ball playing ability could have been used a bit earlier, when the Warriors forwards were tiring.

InBenjiWeTrust

Post by InBenjiWeTrust » Sun 28 Aug, 2016 4:46 pm

Sironen was extremly lucky, what Griffin needs to do to play FG :(

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 28 Aug, 2016 4:48 pm

Yeah that's it... :roll:
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Sun 28 Aug, 2016 4:54 pm

He did make 3 or 4 runs in the 5 mins he was there. That was the equivalent of his 80 minute effort earlier in the season

willow

Post by willow » Sun 28 Aug, 2016 5:04 pm

joebob wrote:In post match interview, JT said that Siro woke up sick this morning. With no replacement available, they limited his minutes.
Now that makes sense. Otherwise yes, he should have replaced Taylor with 20 to go.

Sabre

Post by Sabre » Sun 28 Aug, 2016 5:10 pm

InBenjiWeTrust wrote:Sironen was extremly lucky, what Griffin needs to do to play FG :(
Play a fair bit better in ISP than he has been.

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Sun 28 Aug, 2016 5:19 pm

joebob wrote:In post match interview, JT said that Siro woke up sick this morning. With no replacement available, they limited his minutes.
I seriously hope this was the case Joe.

I hope Sirro can have a big pre season and turn his Career around next year, I think he owes us for having faith in him and continued to sign him when form and injuries didn't warrant it.
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Sun 28 Aug, 2016 5:22 pm

willow wrote:
Now that makes sense. Otherwise yes, he should have replaced Taylor with 20 to go.
Must have caught it sitting with Taylor's other mate, Farah.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sun 28 Aug, 2016 5:33 pm

king sirro wrote:Siro should have come on for Elijah Taylor with 20 to go. We are currently playing with 12 men in attack when ET is on. Woods has taken over his ball playing role to some extent leaving Taylor with little to do.
I'd like to see Siro take on ET's role. ET should be there because he does all those little plays that win you games but at the same time you need someone who can make a big run as Siro did in this game.

Swordy

Post by Swordy » Sun 28 Aug, 2016 5:41 pm

The press conference cleary explained why Sirro only played a few minutes.

A few on page one of this thread can now take their foot out of their mouth and find some other excuse to bash the coach, cause this aint one.
Sunshine Coast resident.
Tigers fan since birth in 1969.
Fond memories of Leichhardt Oval every home game as a kid with my Dad!

4jtigers
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by 4jtigers » Sun 28 Aug, 2016 5:45 pm

I agree he didn't play big minutes because the coach didn't like him. Yup, the coach was forced to put him in the team.

Who forced the coach? Anyway, yup that is all correct. I agree (cough cough) yup (cough cough). Sometimes (cough) it pays (cough) to know (cough) the whole thing (cough) before making judgement. (cough cough cough)

If the coach puts him on knowing he was sick in the morning, it will be the coaches fault. Why didn't he look after him? It's a win win for the coach really or is it? He was lucky to be playing. :crazy :crazy :crazy

I feel sick just replying to that post. :bash :bash :bash
Old Ways won't Open New Doors – author uknown

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Sun 28 Aug, 2016 5:45 pm

Don't you love it any chance to turn any post into a free swing at Taylor. Siro was crook so the coach did not want to take a risk, seems a pretty smart call to me.

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Sun 28 Aug, 2016 5:48 pm

Grudge holders talking about grudge holders. Funny!
"Quality Stupidity"

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Sun 28 Aug, 2016 6:12 pm

Swordy wrote:The press conference cleary explained why Sirro only played a few minutes.

A few on page one of this thread can now take their foot out of their mouth and find some other excuse to bash the coach, cause this aint one.
If you think this was a JT bashing thread? Your incorrect Swordy.
I was more trying to understand the reasoning behind it as JT has left other players throughout the Season on the bench unused.
I totally except the reasons for JT leaving him on the bench if he was sick, I actually wasn't aware that he was sick when I started this thread.
Can't no player come up from the 20's Comp at the last Minute?
If you think it was a Taylor bashing thread your incorrect but your prerogative to think otherwise.
Taylor got the result we were hoping for good on him and sets us up for a cracking last home game.
Good weather? I think we get 20,000 and that might just be enough to see us play semi final footy :pray:
Last edited by foreveratiger on Sun 28 Aug, 2016 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.