MCK and Sirro

pacman

MCK and Sirro

Post by pacman » Sun 28 Aug, 2016 7:49 pm

MCK and Sirro > Lovett and Rowdy, all day every day. Both offensively and defensively.

clifferdSH

Post by clifferdSH » Sun 28 Aug, 2016 7:53 pm

Siro only played 5 mins but agree Chee Kam is a much better option than Lovett

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Sun 28 Aug, 2016 7:56 pm

MCK is better than Lovett, Lawrence over Edwards for mine.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Sun 28 Aug, 2016 8:06 pm

Lovett was pretty strong most of the year and Rowdy was also strong, but I think MCK is a real athlete and the sky is the limit to where he could go, where Lovett and Rowdy what you see is pretty much what your going to get. As for Siro, love to think he could be a class back rower, but he just seems to be missing something

matchball

Post by matchball » Sun 28 Aug, 2016 8:07 pm

supercoach wrote:Lovett was pretty strong most of the year and Rowdy was also strong, but I think MCK is a real athlete and the sky is the limit to where he could go, where Lovett and Rowdy what you see is pretty much what your going to get. As for Siro, love to think he could be a class back rower, but he just seems to be missing something
No fire in his big frame.
Gentle giant.

Buffalo

Post by Buffalo » Sun 28 Aug, 2016 8:09 pm

Lovett and Rowdy all day every day

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Sun 28 Aug, 2016 8:12 pm

supercoach wrote:Lovett was pretty strong most of the year and Rowdy was also strong, but I think MCK is a real athlete and the sky is the limit to where he could go, where Lovett and Rowdy what you see is pretty much what your going to get. As for Siro, love to think he could be a class back rower, but he just seems to be missing something
Both Lawrence and Lovett are probably suffering from some burnout after a long season with a lot of minutes played at first grade level in the forwards. Neither of them are used to that. I think the coaching staff should see how everyone goes in the preseason and trial games on refreshed legs before deciding on the second row and bench for next season.

willow

Post by willow » Sun 28 Aug, 2016 8:32 pm

I'd like to find a spot for MCK, he was good today, defensively and with the ball in hand. Whilst Lovett has improved noticeably this year, he is very one dimensional in attack, and this is where MCK has it all over him. Backrower by trade who can handle the centres without problem if need be, and he has superior speed to Lovett which gets the vote for me.

ricksen

Post by ricksen » Sun 28 Aug, 2016 8:39 pm

Lovett seems to have been given time to develop and learn on the job in first grade - I just wish we'd had spent that time on MCK instead, as I think his ceiling (and floor to be honest) would be a lot higher.

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Sun 28 Aug, 2016 8:41 pm

willow wrote:I'd like to find a spot for MCK, he was good today, defensively and with the ball in hand. Whilst Lovett has improved noticeably this year, he is very one dimensional in attack, and this is where MCK has it all over him. Backrower by trade who can handle the centres without problem if need be, and he has superior speed to Lovett which gets the vote for me.
Willow,I don't see much of the State Cup but I really like MCK when he plays in the fg team,do you think he will be in the NRL side next year considering his utility value,he appears to have what it takes to make it....
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

willow

Post by willow » Sun 28 Aug, 2016 8:45 pm

TrueTiger wrote:
willow wrote:I'd like to find a spot for MCK, he was good today, defensively and with the ball in hand. Whilst Lovett has improved noticeably this year, he is very one dimensional in attack, and this is where MCK has it all over him. Backrower by trade who can handle the centres without problem if need be, and he has superior speed to Lovett which gets the vote for me.
Willow,I don't see much of the State Cup but I really like MCK when he plays in the fg team,do you think he will be in the NRL side next year considering his utility value,he appears to have what it takes to make it....
He's good enough to play FG, I think a lot will depend on who ends up in our top 25 next year.

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Sun 28 Aug, 2016 8:50 pm

He is a superior athlete and has more versatility than Lovett.
He looks the goods in first grade however, I like him as a centre and if we made this move over the offseason it may give the Tigers the option of moving Simona to the wing and Rankin left right out.

Sully

Post by Sully » Sun 28 Aug, 2016 9:54 pm

Keep both in the side

Swap Lawrence for Edwards and I think we have a solid side to defend against the Raiders