Bunker blues

Harvey

Bunker blues

Post by Harvey » Sun 28 Aug, 2016 10:02 pm

Seems a lot of people are up in arms about the Warriors tries disallowed because of obstruction. Lot of comments that these cost the warriors the game.

Seem to be overlooking the forward passes in the lead up to one of the tries, Mannering scoring from a kick batted back to him despite the fact he was in front of the kicker, and the try scored off the set after Manu knocked the 40/20 kick back witha foot on the sideline.

The officiating this year has been terrible across the board.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 28 Aug, 2016 10:04 pm

They also scored after getting possesion incorrectly after Nofos falcon just before HT

palms

Post by palms » Sun 28 Aug, 2016 10:06 pm

This is the first time in a long time that I can remember us being on the right side of a game coming down to "officiating blunders" so I'll happily take it. Maybe the fortunes are turning our way?

I agree with you though, the referring has been so highly scrutinised this year. They just can't seem to get it right. Back to the one ref thanks.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 28 Aug, 2016 10:10 pm

They ruled Mannering back on side after the contest...I think they just made that one up...

Both sides got screwed at times ...Glad Our lads were able to rise above it and play for the full 80 mins and get a well deserved win..Good teams do that consistently...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

maxxy86

Post by maxxy86 » Sun 28 Aug, 2016 10:12 pm

palms wrote:This is the first time in a long time that I can remember us being on the right side of a game coming down to "officiating blunders" so I'll happily take it. Maybe the fortunes are turning our way?

I agree with you though, the referring has been so highly scrutinised this year. They just can't seem to get it right. Back to the one ref thanks.
Totally agree with the one ref thing. Having two just confuses it even more.
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Sun 28 Aug, 2016 10:13 pm

I would actually like that one clarified. They ruled Mannering was more than 10 away (he was to the side), but he was in line with the contest. I thought they had to to stay 10m back.

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sun 28 Aug, 2016 10:19 pm

innsaneink wrote:They also scored after getting possesion incorrectly after Nofos falcon just before HT
Nofo knocked on after the falcon , but it was great to get the Rub of the green for a change !
Vice President of the Michael Chee-Kam Fan Club .

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Sun 28 Aug, 2016 10:20 pm

Harvey wrote:Seems a lot of people are up in arms about the Warriors tries disallowed because of obstruction. Lot of comments that these cost the warriors the game.

Seem to be overlooking the forward passes in the lead up to one of the tries, Mannering scoring from a kick batted back to him despite the fact he was in front of the kicker, and the try scored off the set after Manu knocked the 40/20 kick back witha foot on the sideline.

Mannering wasn't within 10 metres of the kick being contested, I didn't have a drama with that one.

The forward pass in the try on half time was so far forward that it would have been even more embarrassing for the game to allow it to stand.

The foot on the sideline would have been easy to miss. That's tough for a touchie from 30 metres away so those mistakes are going to happen from time to time. I don't think those sorts of calls are howlers.

The Johnson no try Woods milked, but players just need to resist the temptation to take advantage of those kinds of gaps that are created when they're crabbing across behind their own players and there is any kind of contact, regardless of who initiates it.

tigerap

Post by tigerap » Sun 28 Aug, 2016 10:22 pm

All the technology in the world won't make up for refs who don't know the rules... Referring in 2016 has been the worst ever

Wagga Tiger

Post by Wagga Tiger » Sun 28 Aug, 2016 10:28 pm

Nelson wrote:
Harvey wrote:Seems a lot of people are up in arms about the Warriors tries disallowed because of obstruction. Lot of comments that these cost the warriors the game.

Mannering wasn't within 10 metres of the kick being contested, I didn't have a drama with that one
They ( someone on tv) discussed the player in front of the kicker in an earlier game this year and they said the only person who can put an offside player back on side is the kicker himself
Last edited by Wagga Tiger on Sun 28 Aug, 2016 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 28 Aug, 2016 10:30 pm

The decision that nearly cost us was Manu's foot on the line from the 40/20. We were just starting to get on top, and they pulled that try out of their backside. We had the character to overcome that though.

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sun 28 Aug, 2016 10:37 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:The decision that nearly cost us was Manu's foot on the line from the 40/20. We were just starting to get on top, and they pulled that try out of their backside. We had the character to overcome that though.
They didn't seem to have as many cameras in use in Auckland as they do back home . I know the game was on Fox , but I think it's broadcast through Sky Sports ( cameras that is ).
That's why the initial foot on the line from Manu wasn't picked up .
Vice President of the Michael Chee-Kam Fan Club .

Marshall_magic

Post by Marshall_magic » Sun 28 Aug, 2016 11:18 pm

Mannering was played onside when Ayshford touched the ball, as he was not inside the 10. I don't have a problem with that.

The Johnson no try...Woods knew he was in trouble, and could get a penalty. It was a smart player taking advantage of a moronic rule.

The Kata no try..that's the bunker covering a calamitous refereeing decision.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 28 Aug, 2016 11:31 pm

Shepherd's are Shepherds..When you ran behind your own player everyone knew it was a penalty..simple..

They then had to change it to obstruction ..you get the ..Was the defender impeded from making a tackle inside shoulder outside shoulder.... blah blah blah BS...

Rod for there own back...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

Mashies

Post by Mashies » Sun 28 Aug, 2016 11:54 pm

Didnt think the Tigers had the rub of the green today, the 40/20 and subsequent Warriors try was potentially a 12 point turn around... It could have been the moment that cost us the game, luckily it didnt...

The refereeing has been terrible this year... Will be no surprises if a match is decided by a bad decision come the finals...

Time for one referee a game and a referral system similar to tennis for disputing calls... Half the time the players know more about what is going on than the referees...

ricksen

Post by ricksen » Sun 28 Aug, 2016 11:56 pm

Both were cut and dry obstructions, easy decisions for the bunker to make.

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Mon 29 Aug, 2016 12:14 am

Geo. wrote:Shepherd's are Shepherds..When you ran behind your own player everyone knew it was a penalty..simple..

They then had to change it to obstruction ..you get the ..Was the defender impeded from making a tackle inside shoulder outside shoulder.... blah blah blah BS...

Rod for there own back...
It's simple for the players - if you're running across the field behind your teammates and you suddenly see a gap that looks too good to be true then it probably is.

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Mon 29 Aug, 2016 12:36 am

i thought both tries were ruled on correctly, and as you pointed out there was a forward pass but i didnt notice it watching it live. still think the bunker should be allowed to rule on that - i believe they are in union

the try off the kick was perfectly legitimate by the rules. they were not in the 10, when ayshford bats it back that places them onside. a try every day of the week. unlucky for us, but the ball bounces for and against you

speaking independently, manu's foot was maybe 2cm on the touch line when he batted it back?? are you really gonna crucify the touchy for that?? i had no idea one way or another watching live.

speaking as a tigers fan, yeah that was pretty bloody annoying....
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."