Who do you drop for Tedesco?

Milky

Who do you drop for Tedesco?

Post by Milky » Mon 29 Aug, 2016 7:34 am

Carr or Rankin?

We need both, Carr is a gamebreaker and Rankin has a good boot...

Personally i would want to try Rankin at 9, but i think its too risky in such a vital game.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Mon 29 Aug, 2016 7:41 am

Milky wrote:Carr or Rankin?

We need both, Carr is a gamebreaker and Rankin has a good boot...

Personally i would want to try Rankin at 9, but i think its too risky in such a vital game.
What makes you sure that Tedesco is back this week?To be honest i wouldnt risk him even if he is available in my humble opinion he would be very underdone and "gun shy" for at least another 2 weeks.Round 2 of the semis if we are lucky enough to get there is when he should be selected

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Mon 29 Aug, 2016 7:41 am

Rankin has to go. JAC is a weapon who can win us games.

Born tiger

Post by Born tiger » Mon 29 Aug, 2016 7:42 am

Let's just try beat Canberra first

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Mon 29 Aug, 2016 7:53 am

doesn't matter what we think, if Teddy comes back, Rankin will get the vacant wing spot. He is back up no9 and no1 goal kicker. I really rate JAC but with the way JT has the team set up and you not going to change things around with one week to go Rankin has to have a 80 minute job within the team. If it was round two you might change things up but not round 26

TopTiger

Post by TopTiger » Mon 29 Aug, 2016 8:55 am

As Supercoach stated JT will opt for Rankin given that he reverts to the dummy half role once Dene goes off plus he is now the goal kicker.

Russell

Post by Russell » Mon 29 Aug, 2016 9:35 am

Teddy won't be playing this week - end of story.

So sImple really - Rankin stays.

JAC is not a match winner as some like to say. He didn't win us the game against the Titans.

Kavi

Post by Kavi » Mon 29 Aug, 2016 9:55 am

its called the salary cap, if teddy is back for canberra i assume addo carr cant play...
might be different for the finals ( if we make it that far)

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by TCL » Mon 29 Aug, 2016 10:05 am

I think Teddy is second week of the finals?

Maybe Lovett/Siro (Siro only played a few minutes yesterday)

You can push Rankin into 9 and put DH into the pack rotation. JAC has the potential to score from anywhere (I agree he is not a match winner).

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 29 Aug, 2016 10:09 am

I started a thread yesterday asking if he could play, more out of hope than expectation. In a way, it would be great for him to not play and for us to win considering most wrote the season off after the Titans game. It would be another notch in this team's belt if we could qualify without him. If he came back for week 1, imagine the lift it would give us. Would probably stave off any flatness after what would be our biggest win in a few yrs and any thoughts of us thinking just making the finals was enough. Of course Sunday could be one mighty anti climax if the Titans win, but i honestly can't see the Cowboys losing with a top 4 spot on the line.

Sco77y

Post by Sco77y » Mon 29 Aug, 2016 10:11 am

As good as it would be to have Teddy back, I'd really rather not. There's no way he could be recovered properly and I don't think it's a great idea to risk him.. I don't think I'd even bring him back for the semis, but then again I'm not sure of the extent of his injury and how well he's recovered so far. Better just to have a long off season and be 100% fit and firing for next season I think..

tigermac88

Post by tigermac88 » Mon 29 Aug, 2016 10:16 am

I can't see Tedesco playing

Gary Bakerloo

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Mon 29 Aug, 2016 11:37 am

Admittedly one try was scored down the right yesterday, but the overlaps did not seem to occur as frequently yesterday with Rankin and Naquama defending on the right. There must be a lack of communication or, for want of a better term, defensive "cohesion" between Nofolauma and Naquama,

ricksen

Post by ricksen » Mon 29 Aug, 2016 12:00 pm

Russell wrote:Teddy won't be playing this week - end of story.

So sImple really - Rankin stays.

JAC is not a match winner as some like to say. He didn't win us the game against the Titans.
Would have been an impressive effort if he did, given that he didn't play in that game.

Sco77y

Post by Sco77y » Mon 29 Aug, 2016 12:06 pm

Tedesco deserves Australia jersey: Taylor

Sat 27 Aug, 2016, 3:10pm
AAP

Tigers boss Jason Taylor is backing James Tedesco for a Four Nations berth despite the star fullbacks time on the sidelines with a broken jaw.

The 23-year-old was one of the in-form NRL players of 2016 before breaking his jaw in the tenth-placed Tigers loss to the Titans a fortnight ago.

Kangaroos boss Mal Meninga is understood to be keen on taking Tedesco to England and Taylor told reporters on Saturday he wasn't surprised by the news.

"He'd be mad not to be interested and it'd be a great opportunity for Teddy and he would handle it, there's no doubt about that," Taylor said.

"It'd be great for his experience."

A timeframe has not been placed on Tedesco's return to the field but the fullback has travelled to Auckland for Sunday's match against the Warriors as a team morale-booster.

Taylor said he expected Tedesco to be fit and firing sooner rather than later, but not soon enough to appear for the Tigers again in 2016.

"Even just having him here in training is important for the guys," Taylor said.

"He's not going anywhere near that (NRL) stuff."

everett

Post by everett » Mon 29 Aug, 2016 1:06 pm

I very much doubt Teddy would be available.

Same team as against the Warriors with Lawrence and Lovett back and MCK and Sirro going back to State Cup.

I am hoping Lawrence is still out for another week and MCK can retain his place.
Living the dream and praying for another premiership

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Mon 29 Aug, 2016 1:47 pm

Seriously, I think we should leave Tedesco, Lawrence and Lovett out for another week. Another week in recovery and they should be fighting fresh to go for the semi-final.

greatodensraven

Post by greatodensraven » Mon 29 Aug, 2016 2:50 pm

Newtown wrote:Seriously, I think we should leave Tedesco, Lawrence and Lovett out for another week. Another week in recovery and they should be fighting fresh to go for the semi-final.