Farah on the Bench

andrew 474

Farah on the Bench

Post by andrew 474 » Tue 30 Aug, 2016 8:24 am

This game on the weekend could see us play in the Semi finals , do you think any other coach would play Farah off the bench , I know people will talk about all the dramas But we need to play our strongest team to beat Canberra and I think if he is fully fit he could be well worth playing on the bench , Sirro played on the bench last game and only got a small amount of game time and if this game is really close and one of our halfs get injured he could well be the replacement we need to get us home , I don't think Canberra would expect him to play so it could be a good move , this is not about Farah / Taylor it's about winning the game

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Tue 30 Aug, 2016 8:42 am

All the RF/JT dramas aside,he has been sick with a virus and hasn't played State Cup,I don't think he would make it even off the bench,but you never know stranger things have happened over the years in the NRL..I would like to see him have a run at LO,mostly the crowds love to see him and he does play well there...anyway really it isn't our call....
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by TCL » Tue 30 Aug, 2016 8:43 am

I understand were you are coming from and agree that RF should have been there because he is in our top 17 imo.

But given all that has gone on, what players and fans have endured at the hands of the Club, JT and RF we can't. If we do I think it would upset the apple cart and create a mess. It would put doubt in the playmakers minds. If it was going to happen it should have happened weeks ago and they would have adjusted.

You don't give a golfer a new putter on the last day of the U.S. Open when he is a chance of catching the leaders!

Unless you tell the golfer that the putter is designed never to miss a putt, and to that JT isn't about to tell the team that RF is going to win you the game.

So as much I think he should be in the team right or wrong he won't be.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 30 Aug, 2016 8:53 am

Robbie Farah has a Hip Flexor injury....Normal recovery time for such an injury is 2-4 weeks..

Hasn't played now for 3 weeks....Not sure why people even think Farah is available for selection...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

tigers2005

Post by tigers2005 » Tue 30 Aug, 2016 9:01 am

He wouldnt have been picked even if he was fit. The only way Farah was going to play another game was if he had completed a deal to sign with another team. The only way that was going to happen was if he agreed to a reduced pay out from the wests tigers. They would have used it as part of their bargaining power. However Farah hasnt budged and thats why the circus continues. My opinion only before anyone loses their pants, as no one really knows whats going on.

Gary Bakerloo

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Tue 30 Aug, 2016 9:23 am

tigers2005 wrote:The only way that was going to happen was if he agreed to a reduced pay out from the wests tigers.
Don't understand what you mean by this. He has a contract for next season and it will be honoured from his perspective. Whether it is paid in full by Wests or a combination of Wests and another club, the contract from his perspective will be honoured. If either party doesn't honour the contract, then it is a breach of contract. I can't see the club or Farah doing that.

The only way he can get a reduced pay position would be for both parties to agree to part ways from the final year of the current contract and then enter into a new contract. Possible - it would mean that Farah remains a one club player, but would earn less than his current contract.

InBenjiWeTrust

Post by InBenjiWeTrust » Tue 30 Aug, 2016 10:56 am

Is he injured or 'injured for NSW cup only'?
He or club didn't announce that he is leaving anywhere, so why the hurry ?
Funny, how some people would risk playing RF after 3 weeks break, but scream fault about Tedesco, go figure. :crazy

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 30 Aug, 2016 11:04 am

Not gonna happen.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Tue 30 Aug, 2016 11:11 am

Robbie Farah is becoming a judge? :shock:

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Tue 30 Aug, 2016 11:34 am

tigers2005 wrote:He wouldnt have been picked even if he was fit. The only way Farah was going to play another game was if he had completed a deal to sign with another team. The only way that was going to happen was if he agreed to a reduced pay out from the wests tigers. They would have used it as part of their bargaining power. However Farah hasnt budged and thats why the circus continues. My opinion only before anyone loses their pants, as no one really knows whats going on.
I have to idea if you are correct in this but if so then a pathetic situation. The board was about 100% agreed before he was dumped that him coming off the bench was working terrific. Then after being dropped he is nobody's child. Everyone wanting him out are putting the person before (or behind) the team - funny that was what the pro RF supporters were accused of.

We have buckelys chance of winning this weekend without him, and only a minority chance of winning with him, but at least that is what we are on about getting into the finals.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 30 Aug, 2016 11:50 am

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
tigers2005 wrote:He wouldnt have been picked even if he was fit. The only way Farah was going to play another game was if he had completed a deal to sign with another team. The only way that was going to happen was if he agreed to a reduced pay out from the wests tigers. They would have used it as part of their bargaining power. However Farah hasnt budged and thats why the circus continues. My opinion only before anyone loses their pants, as no one really knows whats going on.
I have to idea if you are correct in this but if so then a pathetic situation. The board was about 100% agreed before he was dumped that him coming off the bench was working terrific. Then after being dropped he is nobody's child. Everyone wanting him out are putting the person before (or behind) the team - funny that was what the pro RF supporters were accused of.

We have buckelys chance of winning this weekend without him, and only a minority chance of winning with him, but at least that is what we are on about getting into the finals.
We said the same before the Cowboys. I've seen enough in the last few weeks to suggest that we can take it to them. The only game I've been really disappointed in was the game we phoned in against the Panthers.
It's not cruelty to animals if you inject enough amphetamines.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

jctiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jctiger » Tue 30 Aug, 2016 12:02 pm

Some how I don't think Taylor is going to say, "hey Robbie, I've been pulling your leg all season. You are an important part of this team and we need you this weekend to help us get into the 8, so guess what, your starting off the bench this week buddy." Can't see it happening !

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Tue 30 Aug, 2016 1:52 pm

jctiger wrote:Some how I don't think Taylor is going to say, "hey Robbie, I've been pulling your leg all season. You are an important part of this team and we need you this weekend to help us get into the 8, so guess what, your starting off the bench this week buddy." Can't see it happening !
Strictly speaking I can't either but was only hoping. But JT maybe signing his own death warrant by not bringing him in. In the loss against the Titans was very clear we needed him.

Or is the player only held accountable and not the coach also?
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 30 Aug, 2016 2:19 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
jctiger wrote:Some how I don't think Taylor is going to say, "hey Robbie, I've been pulling your leg all season. You are an important part of this team and we need you this weekend to help us get into the 8, so guess what, your starting off the bench this week buddy." Can't see it happening !
Strictly speaking I can't either but was only hoping. But JT maybe signing his own death warrant by not bringing him in. In the loss against the Titans was very clear we needed him.

Or is the player only held accountable and not the coach also?
Who's to say we'd have only lost by a point in the game against the Titans. Could have beat them by 20 with him in the team, we could have also had 30 put on us.

Would he have stopped the Pamfers putting 40 on us too?
It's not cruelty to animals if you inject enough amphetamines.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 30 Aug, 2016 2:26 pm

Straw-man Argument CB ...one that can never be won...wont stop people trying tho..

Farah has been unfit to play for a month...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Tue 30 Aug, 2016 2:33 pm

Geo. wrote:Straw-man Argument CB ...one that can never be won...wont stop people trying tho..

Farah has been unfit to play for a month...
If he has an injury that will take awhile to heal....why can't we put him in the back of a ute and give him a lap around LO to show him how much we have appreciated his services over the years....couldn't be that hard for him to get in the ute....
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

tigers2005

Post by tigers2005 » Tue 30 Aug, 2016 2:35 pm

Gary Bakerloo wrote:
tigers2005 wrote:The only way that was going to happen was if he agreed to a reduced pay out from the wests tigers.
Don't understand what you mean by this. He has a contract for next season and it will be honoured from his perspective. Whether it is paid in full by Wests or a combination of Wests and another club, the contract from his perspective will be honoured. If either party doesn't honour the contract, then it is a breach of contract. I can't see the club or Farah doing that.

The only way he can get a reduced pay position would be for both parties to agree to part ways from the final year of the current contract and then enter into a new contract. Possible - it would mean that Farah remains a one club player, but would earn less than his current contract.
In the fox sports article yesterday it said he was still negotiating his pay out figure with the club.

tigers2005

Post by tigers2005 » Tue 30 Aug, 2016 2:39 pm

Have posts been deleted on this thread, did i miss something?