Chee-Kam

larrycorowa

Re: Chee-Kam

Post by larrycorowa » Fri 02 Sep, 2016 6:34 am

As mentioned by another poster Mck is too slow for centres in nrl and too small for a nrl backrower. He looks good in new cup at times but it's a different game.

If he can't play big minutes as nrl level it explains why Lovett gets the nod. Too be honest Lovett has more improvement imo. In summary I haven't seen enough from Mck to be making the choice between him and Lovett a burning issue.

avocadoontoast

Post by avocadoontoast » Fri 02 Sep, 2016 9:55 am

larrycorowa wrote:As mentioned by another poster Mck is too slow for centres in nrl and too small for a nrl backrower. He looks good in new cup at times but it's a different game.

If he can't play big minutes as nrl level it explains why Lovett gets the nod. Too be honest Lovett has more improvement imo. In summary I haven't seen enough from Mck to be making the choice between him and Lovett a burning issue.
Um, MCK is 1.89m tall and 103kg. I think you might find that's bigger than both Lawrence and Lovett.

Tigerboy

Post by Tigerboy » Fri 02 Sep, 2016 11:18 am

avocadoontoast wrote:
larrycorowa wrote:As mentioned by another poster Mck is too slow for centres in nrl and too small for a nrl backrower. He looks good in new cup at times but it's a different game.

Um, MCK is 1.89m tall and 103kg. I think you might find that's bigger than both Lawrence and Lovett.
What I don't understand, how people keep saying he's too small.. Definitely didn't look out of place in his few games this year at top level

Bengaliwolf

Post by Bengaliwolf » Fri 02 Sep, 2016 12:50 pm

My problem with Lovett is that whenever he gets the ball, you know what the play will be. 8 metre run and then stopped dead in the tackle. Nothing else. I feel that he shows no creativity. Hardly ever looks for an offload and I don't think I've seen a line break let alone a step either way. I feel he is far too one dimensional as a second rower. He should be sniffing out holes in the defence and backing up the guys hitting the line waiting for the short pass or offload.

For me, he has definitely improved over the season but it still feels like he's a tag along player. Im not sure I've seen enough of MCK to make a call on him. Sure he was good against the warriors but personally I wouldn't bring in a guy with so little game time this year for a match as important as this. Lovett may not the best guy to have coming off the bench but imo choosing MCK would be too risky.

Tigerboy

Post by Tigerboy » Fri 02 Sep, 2016 1:14 pm

Bengaliwolf wrote:My problem with Lovett is that whenever he gets the ball, you know what the play will be. 8 metre run and then stopped dead in the tackle. Nothing else. I feel that he shows no creativity. Hardly ever looks for an offload and I don't think I've seen a line break let alone a step either way. I feel he is far too one dimensional as a second rower. He should be sniffing out holes in the defence and backing up the guys hitting the line waiting for the short pass or offload.

For me, he has definitely improved over the season but it still feels like he's a tag along player. Im not sure I've seen enough of MCK to make a call on him. Sure he was good against the warriors but personally I wouldn't bring in a guy with so little game time this year for a match as important as this. Lovett may not the best guy to have coming off the bench but imo choosing MCK would be too risky.
I respect this opinion

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Fri 02 Sep, 2016 1:59 pm

Mck was only average against the warriors

everett

Post by everett » Fri 02 Sep, 2016 3:08 pm

It is great to have competition for spots next year

Woods
Liddle
Sue
Aliola
Lawrence
ET (if still at WT in 2017)

bench

Ava
Grant
Lovett
JJ Feilse
Edwards
MCK
Masters (110kgs on WT website. We need him to kick on)
Ballin
Sirro

Lovett has really improved this year but needs to add a step and passing game for 2017.

Can't wait for JJ to be part of the NRL squad each week. Like what I have seen of him so far
Living the dream and praying for another premiership

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 10:52 am

marzie wrote:Imo Chee Kam is a superior athlete to Lovett and covers multiple positions better. That's why he should be picked ahead of him

Is he in the top 25?
Superior athlete? Usain Bolt is a superior athlete than anyone in the NRL but I wouldnt pick him ahead of Daniel Fitzhenry.

InBenjiWeTrust

Post by InBenjiWeTrust » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 11:10 am

everett wrote:It is great to have competition for spots next year

Woods
Liddle
Sue
Aliola
Lawrence
ET (if still at WT in 2017)

bench

Ava
Grant
Lovett
JJ Feilse
Edwards
MCK
Masters (110kgs on WT website. We need him to kick on)
Ballin
Sirro

Lovett has really improved this year but needs to add a step and passing game for 2017.

Can't wait for JJ to be part of the NRL squad each week. Like what I have seen of him so far
My 8-17:

Woods
Liddle
Seumanufagai
Sue
Lawrence
Taylor

Aloiai
Falise
Grant
Ballin

if we can't keep JAC, Haleta to LW so 1 to 5

Tedesco
Nofoaluma
Simona
Naiqama
Haleta

MCK, Tatola, Paseka, Marsters, Giles, McCormack, Stone, Roberts,Papenhuyzen
Go Tigers :sign:

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 11:18 am

If some of the blokes with twice the talent as Lovett played with half as much heart, they would be three times the players they currently are. Lovett will never be a superstar, but will always fill a role. He has put on a couple of good balls for tries this year and looked much better than Siro in the city country game. He is the type of player that Bellamy would sign and in that sort of team would have people asking where he came from.

tigermac88

Post by tigermac88 » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 1:46 pm

Harvey wrote:If some of the blokes with twice the talent as Lovett played with half as much heart, they would be three times the players they currently are. Lovett will never be a superstar, but will always fill a role. He has put on a couple of good balls for tries this year and looked much better than Siro in the city country game. He is the type of player that Bellamy would sign and in that sort of team would have people asking where he came from.
But Lovett plays under JT not Bellamy so are you saying JT doesn't know how to get the best out of his players??

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 1:53 pm

tigermac88 wrote:
Harvey wrote:If some of the blokes with twice the talent as Lovett played with half as much heart, they would be three times the players they currently are. Lovett will never be a superstar, but will always fill a role. He has put on a couple of good balls for tries this year and looked much better than Siro in the city country game. He is the type of player that Bellamy would sign and in that sort of team would have people asking where he came from.
But Lovett plays under JT not Bellamy so are you saying JT doesn't know how to get the best out of his players??
No, that the squad around him is not as established

tigermac88

Post by tigermac88 » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 2:02 pm

Harvey wrote:
tigermac88 wrote:
No, that the squad around him is not as established
Fair enough.... Enjoy the game..... Go Tigers, we got this

Tigerboy

Post by Tigerboy » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 2:03 pm

Yeah thy Boys