Chee-Kam

coopy

Re: Chee-Kam

Post by coopy » Wed 31 Aug, 2016 9:54 pm

MCK and Lovett are bench players. While noting the fact that a bench player may be asked to replace an injured player, I think a bench player's primary role is to provide impact. For mine, MCK provides more impact.

It's interesting to note that a few posters have mentioned Lovett's development. He has undoubtedly improved however given the same game time (and latitude), I wonder where MCK's game would be right now.

stevied

Post by stevied » Wed 31 Aug, 2016 9:57 pm

Born tiger wrote:Siro > MCK > Lovett

Definitely rate MCK more than Lovett, but Lovett has played majority of games this year and has done nothing wrong to be dropped..

Thing I like about Lovett is that he always takes the tough hit ups, the ones most forwards don't want to take, inside the red zone.

Next year will definitely have to lift his game to get a spot but deserves his spot for the rest of the year..

stevied

Post by stevied » Wed 31 Aug, 2016 10:02 pm

Deserves his spot because he tries hard in the red zone and that he's been there all year? The fact of the matter is that he gets dominated in virtually every run and every tackle. End of the season or not, MCK is in much better form, has far greater talent and deserves to be promoted. We need to pick the best team available so we can win, not show appreciation to nice guys. I don't get GNR's stubborn attitude and loyalty towards Lovett at all. We want to win and we need to pick the best players. It's this critical stage of the season that justifies the change more than anything!

tigermac88

Post by tigermac88 » Wed 31 Aug, 2016 10:16 pm

stevied wrote:Deserves his spot because he tries hard in the red zone and that he's been there all year? The fact of the matter is that he gets dominated in virtually every run and every tackle. End of the season or not, MCK is in much better form, has far greater talent and deserves to be promoted. We need to pick the best team available so we can win, not show appreciation to nice guys. I don't get GNR's stubborn attitude and loyalty towards Lovett at all. We want to win and we need to pick the best players. It's this critical stage of the season that justifies the change more than anything!
100% spot on, well said

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Wed 31 Aug, 2016 10:22 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:I don't get the sudden attraction for him. He's yet to cement a fg position at any club he's played. He's a fringe first grader at best.
Im with you. My view on Chee Kam is too slow to play in the back and too small to play in the forwards. Hasn't dominated in State Cup and whilst he has tried hard when in firsts there is no way he is a must pick.

Would I have him over Lovett? Probably but only just. I suspect Lovett's defence, which has improved markedly this year, is what gets him picked.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Wed 31 Aug, 2016 10:30 pm

southerntiger wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:I don't get the sudden attraction for him. He's yet to cement a fg position at any club he's played. He's a fringe first grader at best.
Im with you. My view on Chee Kam is too slow to play in the back and too small to play in the forwards. Hasn't dominated in State Cup and whilst he has tried hard when in firsts there is no way he is a must pick.

Would I have him over Lovett? Probably but only just. I suspect Lovett's defence, which has improved markedly this year, is what gets him picked.
You'd think he's Martin Taupau given some of the hype. At best you're replacing an average first grader with a fringe first grader. He's not going to change the landscape of the side. Someone earlier summed it up. He knew his worth when he re-signed with us for next yr on what would most likely be a 2nd tier contract. If he had any value as a regular first grader you'd think another club would have come calling. He's 24.

tigermac88

Post by tigermac88 » Wed 31 Aug, 2016 10:36 pm

Nobody is saying he's Martin Tapau, many have the opinion he is better than Lovett. I really can't see the hype some have over Lovett.

marzie

Post by marzie » Wed 31 Aug, 2016 10:59 pm

Imo Chee Kam is a superior athlete to Lovett and covers multiple positions better. That's why he should be picked ahead of him

Is he in the top 25?

ricksen

Post by ricksen » Thu 01 Sep, 2016 12:48 am

I think jirskyr has tabbed this one right.
But as I said the other day, it really befuddles me why we'd waste a whole year developing a guy like Lovett in FG, when we could have done the same with MCK and had a play with a much higher ceiling.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 01 Sep, 2016 7:51 am

tigermac88 wrote:Nobody is saying he's Martin Tapau, many have the opinion he is better than Lovett. I really can't see the hype some have over Lovett.
There's zero hype around Lovett

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Thu 01 Sep, 2016 10:13 am

MCK is 2nd tier so can only play when there's an injury. Like last week.

Had he have been in the top 25 i think we'd have seen a lot more of him this season.

Tigerboy

Post by Tigerboy » Thu 01 Sep, 2016 11:07 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
southerntiger wrote:

You'd think he's Martin Taupau given some of the hype. At best you're replacing an average first grader with a fringe first grader. He's not going to change the landscape of the side. Someone earlier summed it up. He knew his worth when he re-signed with us for next yr on what would most likely be a 2nd tier contract. If he had any value as a regular first grader you'd think another club would have come calling. He's 24.
Mate all I will say to this is you'll be seeing a lot more of him and a lot less of Lovett next year unless he really aims up this Sunday (Lovett). Was one of the worst players on ground when we were hammered by them last time - saw him falling off so many tackles he made Brooks' defence look good. MCK IS A hard hitter and he is quite a freakish athlete if you've had a little look around so regardless of the size his contract. He definitely has a future at the club, and has already shown his loyalty to the boys by re-signing

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 01 Sep, 2016 11:19 am

Tigerboy wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
southerntiger wrote:

Mate all I will say to this is you'll be seeing a lot more of him and a lot less of Lovett next year unless he really aims up this Sunday (Lovett). Was one of the worst players on ground when we were hammered by them last time - saw him falling off so many tackles he made Brooks' defence look good. MCK IS A hard hitter and he is quite a freakish athlete if you've had a little look around so regardless of the size his contract. He definitely has a future at the club, and has already shown his loyalty to the boys by re-signing
He re-signed again on another 2nd tier contract which means we probably won't see much of him next yr unless injuries. Which means Lovett will be ahead of him again.

Tigerboy

Post by Tigerboy » Thu 01 Sep, 2016 11:25 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tigerboy wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
southerntiger wrote:

He re-signed again on another 2nd tier contract which means we probably won't see much of him next yr unless injuries. Which means Lovett will be ahead of him again.
There will be players ahead of Lovett, if not next year, the year after. I'm sorry but he's not up to FG, fitness wise or in terms of his physique or defensive technique , we ought to give Chee more time to mature - even if he's 24. brought him over from manly I think they only have one option but to play him next year cuzzy. Joel Edwards, JJ, Ava, Paseka is how our bench should role. If we can keep ET then Cya later love-dude
He won't get any game time next year unless injuries :lol: :lol:

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 01 Sep, 2016 11:29 am

Tigerboy wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tigerboy wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote: You'd think he's Martin Taupau given some of the hype. At best you're replacing an average first grader with a fringe first grader. He's not going to change the landscape of the side. Someone earlier summed it up. He knew his worth when he re-signed with us for next yr on what would most likely be a 2nd tier contract. If he had any value as a regular first grader you'd think another club would have come calling. He's 24.
There will be players ahead of Lovett, if not next year, the year after. I'm sorry but he's not up to FG, fitness wise or in terms of his physique or defensive technique , we ought to give Chee more time to mature - even if he's 24. brought him over from manly I think they only have one option but to play him next year cuzzy. Joel Edwards, JJ, Ava, Paseka is how our bench should role. If we can keep ET then Cya later love-dude
He won't get any game time next year unless injuries :lol: :lol:
Of course there will be others ahead of Lovett, but only guys that are in the 25 man squad. Which rules out guys like Chee Kam and Paseka.

Tigerboy

Post by Tigerboy » Thu 01 Sep, 2016 11:46 am

Yeah I get it.. Kinda sucks because CL has needed a break all year.. Just hasn't broken anything or been eligible for us to use 2nd tier. I heard Paseka was top 25 2017 season though? Given that JT does like to use Lovett as a utility though- without Dene next year I fear he may get more game time. Come on Liddle.

stevied

Post by stevied » Thu 01 Sep, 2016 1:49 pm

ricksen wrote:I think jirskyr has tabbed this one right.
But as I said the other day, it really befuddles me why we'd waste a whole year developing a guy like Lovett in FG, when we could have done the same with MCK and had a play with a much higher ceiling.
Exactly!!

stevied

Post by stevied » Thu 01 Sep, 2016 1:50 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
tigermac88 wrote:Nobody is saying he's Martin Tapau, many have the opinion he is better than Lovett. I really can't see the hype some have over Lovett.
There's zero hype around Lovett
Yeah, and with good reason.