Regardless the Outcome,

Tiger Come Lately
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Regardless the Outcome,

Post by Tiger Come Lately » Thu 01 Sep, 2016 12:08 am

Regardless the outcome this Sunday, the players have done an incredible job to get where we are!

In an article Luke Brooks said that not making the 8 this season would be considered a failure. At first I dismissed his statement as something all sportsman say about their finals aspirations but then i thought hang on!

Some will say "yeah but given the roster we should be in the 8" or "I never thought they would get this far"

After our loosing streak, the off field dramas, the player and selection criticisms and now a virus OUR team is potentialy playing to make the 8.

Hand on heart I was one of the people who during our troubles thought the season was gone.And I am also one who criticises bad plays and selections but I also give credit where credit is due.

So I say dispite all the hurdles, the players have given us a very exciting finish and to that end regardless of the outcomes from this weekend the season isn't a failure? :sign:

stryker

Post by stryker » Thu 01 Sep, 2016 12:22 am

Yes and no. I thought we'd make the 8 pre season so I'm not totally thrilled with the year. A great back third to the year has been a good ride but don't forget the aweful first 2 thirds.

We have finished the season strong so that has been encouraging though...

ricksen

Post by ricksen » Thu 01 Sep, 2016 12:33 am

The second half has been as good as the first half was bad. I make Brooks right, missing out would absolutely be a failure when you look at the season as a whole.

matchball
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by matchball » Thu 01 Sep, 2016 12:37 am

If Brooks sees it as failure then he needs to quit disappearing when the game gets tough. Sometimes I need to check if he is still out there.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 01 Sep, 2016 7:23 am

Its a pretty impressive position when you factor in we lost 6 from our first 8. Years gone by we wouldn't have had the fight or resolve to get us in this position.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Thu 01 Sep, 2016 7:58 am

I think it has been a great effort, at the start of the year I was like most armchair expert and tipped them to be bottom three. They have exceeded my expectations and even during their slump they were highly competitive and basically they had only three bad games all year.

They have turned up every week and had a dig and considering the turmoil in the joint since SOO no3 been a great effort.

Obviously they are still off the pace if you are talking about winning the GF, but my guess plenty of clubs would love to be in our position going into the next few years.

For the most part I have enjoyed my football this year and that has not always been the case in recent years

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 01 Sep, 2016 8:22 am

supercoach wrote:I think it has been a great effort, at the start of the year I was like most armchair expert and tipped them to be bottom three. They have exceeded my expectations and even during their slump they were highly competitive and basically they had only three bad games all year.

They have turned up every week and had a dig and considering the turmoil in the joint since SOO no3 been a great effort.

Obviously they are still off the pace if you are talking about winning the GF, but my guess plenty of clubs would love to be in our position going into the next few years.

For the most part I have enjoyed my football this year and that has not always been the case in recent years
Me too. I've been to about 10 games this yr, and at one point, of the games i attended there were 5 consecutive victories - Newcastle, Souths, Penrith, Dragons and Parra.

TrueTiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by TrueTiger » Thu 01 Sep, 2016 9:16 am

Tiger Come Lately wrote:Regardless the outcome this Sunday, the players have done an incredible job to get where we are!

In an article Luke Brooks said that not making the 8 this season would be considered a failure. At first I dismissed his statement as something all sportsman say about their finals aspirations but then i thought hang on!

Some will say "yeah but given the roster we should be in the 8" or "I never thought they would get this far"

After our loosing streak, the off field dramas, the player and selection criticisms and now a virus OUR team is potentialy playing to make the 8.

Hand on heart I was one of the people who during our troubles thought the season was gone.And I am also one who criticises bad plays and selections but I also give credit where credit is due.

So I say dispite all the hurdles, the players have given us a very exciting finish and to that end regardless of the outcomes from this weekend the season isn't a failure? :sign:
Good coaching as well....... :D
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Geo. » Thu 01 Sep, 2016 9:24 am

The game of Rugby League will be the winner
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

Spartan117
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Spartan117 » Thu 01 Sep, 2016 9:29 am

Trending +....

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Thu 01 Sep, 2016 9:35 am

There is a good chance that the team will be in the top 8 by Sunday evening. Let's be honest - throughout the early parts of this season this would have been only a very wild dream in most supporters' minds. Myself, I draw inspiration in how the team has developed into a close knit assembly with a will to win even at bleak times when many teams would have dropped their bundle. I also draw inspiration from the fact that this is mainly a young team which, with mature leaders such as Aaron Woods and Elijah Taylor on the field to guide them, will certainly improve as they mature.

eyewonder

Post by eyewonder » Thu 01 Sep, 2016 10:07 am

yes and no.

apart from the farah thing,the team has got a lot of good press lately- particularly television, which is great from future sponsorship chances.

should be good times ahead.

criwdfluffer

Post by criwdfluffer » Thu 01 Sep, 2016 10:15 am

I'm in the yes and no.

Really happy with how woods, moses and sue have progressed .

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Thu 01 Sep, 2016 10:25 am

stryker wrote:Yes and no. I thought we'd make the 8 pre season so I'm not totally thrilled with the year. A great back third to the year has been a good ride but don't forget the aweful first 2 thirds.

This is the way I think as well. I expect us to make the 8 with the team we have and we seem to have gotten it together now.

Next year is looking good.

Mashies

Post by Mashies » Thu 01 Sep, 2016 1:11 pm

stevetiger wrote:
stryker wrote:Yes and no. I thought we'd make the 8 pre season so I'm not totally thrilled with the year. A great back third to the year has been a good ride but don't forget the aweful first 2 thirds.

This is the way I think as well. I expect us to make the 8 with the team we have and we seem to have gotten it together now.

Next year is looking good.
Things are looking promising... We finished 9th the season prior to our 2005 and 2010 / 11 finals campaigns... 8 rounds in there is no way i would of thought we would still be a mathematical chance in round 26...

wd in perth

Post by wd in perth » Thu 01 Sep, 2016 3:08 pm

We've gone better then I expected at the start of the year,

SouthTiger

Post by SouthTiger » Thu 01 Sep, 2016 3:19 pm

So if missing out on 8 is a failure does that mean we can get rid of the coach if we miss out on the 8 this weekend ???

InBenjiWeTrust

Post by InBenjiWeTrust » Thu 01 Sep, 2016 3:49 pm

criwdfluffer wrote:I'm in the yes and no.

Really happy with how woods, moses and sue have progressed .
My rating is:
1. Tedesco and Woods - our marquee players, reliable the whole season, arguably the best FB and prop in NRL
2. Most improved: Moses, Seumanufagai, Sue, Aloiai, Nofoaluma, Lawrence
they continue to develop and we shall expect at least some of them to join the first two :)
3. Bargain and excellent purchases: Taylor and T Grant, they already helped greatly at vital positions, adding the required depth.
4. Solid but we expect more from: Simona, Naiqama, Brooks, they all have huge potential and will have a chance to make another step towards the top.
4. Solid but can they do more? Sironen, Edwards, Rankin, Lovett.
5. New stars: Liddle, Falise and Addo-Carr, very promising start, would prefer to keep JAC, they will all play FG the nest year.
6. NYC we have quite a few promising players: Roberts, Papenhuyzen, Tatola, McCormack, Karhwin, Marsters, Giles, Stone, Sokobalava, Paseka, that could cover FB, wing, halves, 2nd raw and props.

We still need to find someone who can kick 80%+, will it be Moses or ??

Go Tigers :sign: