Why absent Wests Tigers hooker Robbie Farah’s presence will be felt in clash with Canberra Raiders

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 4551
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Re: Why absent Wests Tigers hooker Robbie Farah’s presence will be felt in clash with Canberra Raiders

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sat 03 Sep, 2016 9:12 am

I don't like how a guy who performed as per his contract can be drummed out of the place and vilified. This is not the usual employer/employee situation at all. He may have deserved to lose the captaincy re Potter affair but nothing more but it was not taken off him and he resigned it. He had a back-ended contract for the benefit of the Club and now it is being used as a weapon to get rid of him. Does not sound fair at all.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)


TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2181
Joined: Mon 29 Aug, 2016 8:52 am

Post by TCL » Sat 03 Sep, 2016 9:28 am

Masterton wrote:
tigers2005 wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
Eddie wrote:Can almost here the crickets in this thread......

.
Which tells me the majority are sick of him and just want it done & dusted.
. Good cause the purple sox ...
Id say the minority which you are part of. The majority of fans will always see him as a legend that helped put us out of our misery in 2005, and as a club legend who deserves a send of.
It can be both. I'm sick of him and his manager and want him gone, but I won't forget what he has done for the club. Would love to see an announcement today and a packed Leichhardt cheering him off.
I agree, I'm sick of the whole saga! I'm a tigers fan first and foremost but I'm also a fan of RF. No one person can be bigger than the club, not a player, coach or administrator. And I'm not saying that RF thinks he is.

This is not a conspiracy theory just thinking, I don't know that the club will want a send off, it's too risky. The coach and some of the board will be there and the ensuing emotion may carry across, mobs do crazy things and JT is already booed when his name gets announced, what may happen if we don't win or if Titans win tonight and we are not a chance of the 8? It's not a wise move on the clubs part to take that risk. The papers will have a field day and the club won't want the negative publicity and rightly so. They will do something after the event that will be a token and put the onus on the fans to attend?

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 28400
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sat 03 Sep, 2016 9:35 am

I too would love for an announcement today and something for Robbie tomorrow.... Would add to the excitement and atmosphere.... Much prefer all our players left on good terms.... We are going to want to be doing our own old boys days in 10 years or so.... This isn't conducive to things like that.
Like many I wish the club Could just give him what he's owed and wish him well on his way.... Budget wise I don't think that's possible

tigers2005
Member
Member
Posts: 252
Joined: Wed 17 Aug, 2016 2:28 pm

Post by tigers2005 » Sat 03 Sep, 2016 9:47 am

innsaneink wrote:I too would love for an announcement today and something for Robbie tomorrow.... Would add to the excitement and atmosphere.... Much prefer all our players left on good terms.... We are going to want to be doing our own old boys days in 10 years or so.... This isn't conducive to things like that.
Like many I wish the club Could just give him what he's owed and wish him well on his way.... Budget wise I don't think that's possible
Are you okay this morning? You havent hit your head or anything have you lol. I have to say for probably the first time i agree with all the above. Well said.
:sign:

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 28933
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Sat 03 Sep, 2016 10:16 am

I'd rather talk about what could be our biggest game in 4 years....

Great to see the raising of awareness of pancreatic cancer...Well done ALL involved...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..


Telltails
Member
Member
Posts: 2534
Joined: Fri 18 Apr, 2014 3:24 pm

Post by Telltails » Sat 03 Sep, 2016 11:24 am

Tiger Come Lately wrote:
Masterton wrote:
tigers2005 wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
Which tells me the majority are sick of him and just want it done & dusted.
. Good cause the purple sox ...
Id say the minority which you are part of. The majority of fans will always see him as a legend that helped put us out of our misery in 2005, and as a club legend who deserves a send of.
It can be both. I'm sick of him and his manager and want him gone, but I won't forget what he has done for the club. Would love to see an announcement today and a packed Leichhardt cheering him off.
I agree, I'm sick of the whole saga! I'm a tigers fan first and foremost but I'm also a fan of RF. No one person can be bigger than the club, not a player, coach or administrator. And I'm not saying that RF thinks he is.

This is not a conspiracy theory just thinking, I don't know that the club will want a send off, it's too risky. The coach and some of the board will be there and the ensuing emotion may carry across, mobs do crazy things and JT is already booed when his name gets announced, what may happen if we don't win or if Titans win tonight and we are not a chance of the 8? It's not a wise move on the clubs part to take that risk. The papers will have a field day and the club won't want the negative publicity and rightly so. They will do something after the event that will be a token and put the onus on the fans to attend?

Doubt if Farah is going to have any part of that No - the club will be judged on their management of this long after Pascoe, Taylor, and Go are gone. They have the chance to get it sorted but time is running out - nearly a sell out yesterday.
If the Titans win tonight and the game loses its importance they have a packed house of fans to farewell a club great with his mate.
Whatever happens the supporter base is divided on this, and they can't control what reactions people may or may not have - its about whether they have the decency to do the right thing.
The only other factor is Farah himself. He maybe so bitter by this stage that he has completely detached himself and wants nothing to do with anything, other than to move on. We will find out soon enough.

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2181
Joined: Mon 29 Aug, 2016 8:52 am

Post by TCL » Sat 03 Sep, 2016 12:39 pm

Telltails wrote:
Tiger Come Lately wrote:
Masterton wrote:
tigers2005 wrote:
Id say the minority which you are part of. The majority of fans will always see him as a legend that helped put us out of our misery in 2005, and as a club legend who deserves a send of.
It can be both. I'm sick of him and his manager and want him gone, but I won't forget what he has done for the club. Would love to see an announcement today and a packed Leichhardt cheering him off.
I agree, I'm sick of the whole saga! I'm a tigers fan first and foremost but I'm also a fan of RF. No one person can be bigger than the club, not a player, coach or administrator. And I'm not saying that RF thinks he is.

This is not a conspiracy theory just thinking, I don't know that the club will want a send off, it's too risky. The coach and some of the board will be there and the ensuing emotion may carry across, mobs do crazy things and JT is already booed when his name gets announced, what may happen if we don't win or if Titans win tonight and we are not a chance of the 8? It's not a wise move on the clubs part to take that risk. The papers will have a field day and the club won't want the negative publicity and rightly so. They will do something after the event that will be a token and put the onus on the fans to attend?

Doubt if Farah is going to have any part of that No - the club will be judged on their management of this long after Pascoe, Taylor, and Go are gone. They have the chance to get it sorted but time is running out - nearly a sell out yesterday.
If the Titans win tonight and the game loses its importance they have a packed house of fans to farewell a club great with his mate.
Whatever happens the supporter base is divided on this, and they can't control what reactions people may or may not have - its about whether they have the decency to do the right thing.
The only other factor is Farah himself. He maybe so bitter by this stage that he has completely detached himself and wants nothing to do with anything, other than to move on. We will find out soon enough.
Yeah i hear you and i agree, i think the club and all involved have already been judged. And i don't see anyone coming out of this smelling like roses. There is a divide in the supporter base and I'm confident that with future success some of that divide will mend.

You are right, the club can't control the reaction, but they can control what opportunity they give the fans to react was where i was going.

I think decency went out the window a long time ago (all involved - but IMO the club and coaches poor handling initially was the catalyst).

Me i would give him his farewell - but there is no official departure. You don't celebrate the birth of a child until that child is born!

And it is great work by RF and all those involved with the initiative, i have lost family and friends to cancer and its work like this that should put all of this into perspective.

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 28400
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sat 03 Sep, 2016 2:49 pm

tigers2005 wrote:
innsaneink wrote:I too would love for an announcement today and something for Robbie tomorrow.... Would add to the excitement and atmosphere.... Much prefer all our players left on good terms.... We are going to want to be doing our own old boys days in 10 years or so.... This isn't conducive to things like that.
Like many I wish the club Could just give him what he's owed and wish him well on his way.... Budget wise I don't think that's possible
Are you okay this morning? You havent hit your head or anything have you lol. I have to say for probably the first time i agree with all the above. Well said.
:sign:
These have been my thoughts all along, I may not be Farahs biggest fan anymore, and I may not like his manager too much....but that doesnt mean I cant also wish for what I expressed above

User avatar
WestsSupporter
Member
Member
Posts: 1321
Joined: Wed 13 Jul, 2011 8:59 pm
Location: New Zealand

Post by WestsSupporter » Sat 03 Sep, 2016 3:26 pm

robert farah is a mug
Extremely frustrated fan. Try not to let my negativity get to you.

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 4551
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sat 03 Sep, 2016 3:31 pm

WestsSupporter wrote:robert farah is a mug
Is it possible that he has/will achieve much more than yourself?
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

magpiecol
Member
Member
Posts: 3067
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 3:02 pm

Post by magpiecol » Sat 03 Sep, 2016 5:01 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
WestsSupporter wrote:robert farah is a mug
Is it possible that he has/will achieve much more than yourself?

You can achieve all sorts of things that others cannot. Does not mean that you are not a mug, or a good bloke.

Muffstar
Member
Member
Posts: 2296
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: Port Macquarie

Post by Muffstar » Sat 03 Sep, 2016 7:27 pm

magpiecol wrote:
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
WestsSupporter wrote:robert farah is a mug
Is it possible that he has/will achieve much more than yourself?

You can achieve all sorts of things that others cannot. Does not mean that you are not a mug, or a good bloke.
Too true. Farah supporting a cancer cause imo makes him a good bloke.

Fifita supporting a one punch killer makes him a mug imo.

Post Reply