Time to lift the roof at Leichhardt !!

GNR4LIFE

Re: Time to lift the roof at Leichhardt !!

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 10:10 pm

The first try sucked the energy out of me and it never really came back. Not even when we scored our first try.

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 10:15 pm

The team deserve to be given a pasting over their performance today but the crowd was even worse. There was no effort to lift the boys and bring them back into the game. It was a pathetic atmosphere. Honestly, 95% of the Tigers supporters there have no entitlement to criticise the team given they weren't prepared to rally behind them and make the effort in this critical game.

Sad day to be a Tigers supporter not because of the limp effort on the park but because of the limp crowd around it...

criwdfluffer

Post by criwdfluffer » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 10:25 pm

Hardly the crowds fault.

Spirits were high until they served up that garbage .

Honestly that was pathetic .

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 10:31 pm

criwdfluffer wrote:Hardly the crowds fault.

Spirits were high until they served up that garbage .

Honestly that was pathetic .
If you're a supporter then bloody well support them, don't just plod around waiting to be entertained. They were pathetic but they weren't alone.

criwdfluffer

Post by criwdfluffer » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 10:32 pm

I was screaming my head off on the hill.But it was hard .

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by TCL » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 10:36 pm

stryker wrote:It's sad reading through this thread, the optimism, excitement and hope should have made for a great Sunday arvo at the footy.

I'm sorry you all had to sit through that garbage, gutless effort. The difference between the atmosphere walking in and walking out must have been savage.
Yep, it was a glorious afternoon at the start. The nyc game saterted well and ended ominously. The precursor to the main event! The cheers for dene and Robbie were great and it was one of the worst drive home from LO.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 10:40 pm

It was the way the tries were scored that deflated the onlookers. Where was the captain rallying the forces? Our team played the same mistakes today as a few weeks ago and a year ago - where was the drilling in the meantime to prevent such a repeat? They have had slo-mo videos for 40 years to iron out the chinks. They should have given the crowd free tickets to a WT game of their choice next season
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)