All in our hands

BrissieTiger67

All in our hands

Post by BrissieTiger67 » Sat 03 Sep, 2016 7:45 pm

I know this is the most obvious of threads but I m so excited we now have full control of our destiny tomorrow.

Beat the best team in the comp tomorrow and it shows we are not making up the numbers and everyone should be watching. I'm not ignorant of our problem areas just looking forward to what we produce.

Good luck boys!! :sign:
Last edited by BrissieTiger67 on Sat 03 Sep, 2016 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 03 Sep, 2016 7:48 pm

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sat 03 Sep, 2016 7:55 pm

Huge huge game. C'mon Tigers. I'm more excited than normal.

Flippedy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Flippedy » Sat 03 Sep, 2016 8:04 pm

Oh wow this is just too scary and very exciting all at once! I can't remember what year it was, but I still have nightmares about the last time we only needed to win our last game to get into the 8 against a lowly Newcastle, but ended up losing by a penalty goal or something. We had their measure in every way, but blew it completely - it was so frustrating! God I hope that doesn't happen again, don't think my heart could take it!
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

jasetiger

Post by jasetiger » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 5:08 am

I remember that Knights game too. Heartbreaking.

Feel unduly that the pressure is all on us today. Wether we handle that pressure is another thing. You only have to look at our swimmers at the Olympics and how they all choked on performance anxiety .

Hope we have better sports shrinks at the Tigers! :pray:

Tigerdave
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tigerdave » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 5:52 am

The Raiders won't be laying down either, they'll get a home game finishing 2nd won't they?

Mashies

Post by Mashies » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 8:45 am

If we win today it will be one of our best ever victories...

Canberra haven't lost since the 9th of June and they are playing for a home semi final... Just looking through their form, the lowest they have scored in their winning streak is 22... and we are without arguably our biggest attacking influence... Anything is possible at Leichhardt though :-)

Carn you mighty Tiger Pies, fire up!!!

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 8:51 am

We are extreme long odd today. I rate the Raiders as a team that could go all the way, big fast and aggressive. Fairy tales seldom come true, but as long as they don't come out and blow us off the field early with a few quick trys I think we will be in the contest. For me I am over the moon we are playing for something in round 26 other than mad monday

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 9:07 am

Mashies wrote:If we win today it will be one of our best ever victories...

Canberra haven't lost since the 9th of June and they are playing for a home semi final... Just looking through their form, the lowest they have scored in their winning streak is 22... and we are without arguably our biggest attacking influence... Anything is possible at Leichhardt though :-)

Carn you mighty Tiger Pies, fire up!!!
I agree. This is a huge game. Canberra are a really good team. We need to play above ourselves today.

I just want to see them really have a go. If we win I'll be freaken stoked.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 9:12 am

If you can't win a game like today's game, then what does it matter if we make the finals or not?

I always believe you want to make the finals and make a statement, not limp in and get eliminated first week.

If we win today, Raiders on a 9-game winning streak and probably the form team, we show we deserve to be there. If we lose, we show we are probably a win or two short.

But don't tell me Titans are going to trouble any one in the next 1-2 weeks either.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 9:21 am

Today is our GF. If we win, it could be a tough task bringing ourselves back up for next week.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 9:24 am

We should be fired up for every game we play now.

Mashies

Post by Mashies » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 9:48 am

Agree with a lot of those comments...

Win or lose, today is pretty exciting... As Wests Tigers and former Magpie / Balmain supporters, you learn to appreciate even an opportunity to make the finals...

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by innsaneink » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 9:49 am

Our biggest game of the year... Our finals series starts today.

Usually at this stage we have nothing to play for and the hot topic is the GF dinner at LO Montage.

If we wanna play with the big boys it's the tough long odds games that count.... Regardless of the result today i just hope we go into the off season whenever that begins, with our chests out and chins up

Tiger Come Lately
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tiger Come Lately » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 9:53 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Go tigers!

Posting AIC wow! One of my fav bands saw them live at the Hordan pavilion with suicidal tendencies years ago!

Mashies

Post by Mashies » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 10:03 am

Tiger Come Lately wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Go tigers!

Posting AIC wow! One of my fav bands saw them live at the Hordan pavilion with suicidal tendencies years ago!
That is awesome! Last time they toured with Layne... My two favourite bands growing up (and probably still) but i only started listening to them in late 93 :-/

Tiger Come Lately
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tiger Come Lately » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 10:18 am

Mashies wrote:
Tiger Come Lately wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Go tigers!

That is awesome! Last time they toured with Layne... My two favourite bands growing up (and probably still) but i only started listening to them in late 93 :-/
Great band, show was great, but layne was off chops, just one of the many bands I saw live in those days! Bring back the 90's.

Oh yeah and go the Tigers!!!

Gary Bakerloo

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 10:27 am

Yes, all in our hands, but let's just pause and consider the feelings of the Gold Coast Titans as they wait nervously for the result today. Poor Jarryd must be feeling quite poorly today in "his house".

Actually, let's not....