Brooks

Geo.

Re: Brooks

Post by Geo. » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 5:48 pm

I think we should sign Shaun Johnson for 2018...

Oh and get Andrew McFadden as Coach....
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 5:51 pm

Geo. wrote:I think we should sign Shaun Johnson for 2018...
Would rather Brad Arthur :D
Offical member of the MCK fan club.

Blaze

Post by Blaze » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 6:00 pm

Gez you blokes dump on players in an instant... We were always going to get romped by the raiders, our virus infected forward pack were never in the game. Brooks will come of age next year, mark my words. Moses and brooks are the perfect foil for each other, Moses has just matured faster. I for one am looking forward to a new season without the Farah distraction. Brooks has what it takes, and when fully fit will show us the goods.

Kavi

Post by Kavi » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 6:05 pm

stevetiger wrote:
Kavi wrote:use littlejohn, dont renew woods and buy some forwards
Woods is great. He was huge for us last week. He had a virus all this week.

In stating that we can't overpay Woods because Ava for instance has as good if not better go forward that Woods.
i didnt mean that about woods, just dont want us to pay 800k for a forward that doesnt offer much impact

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by TCL » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 6:13 pm

Brooks went missing today, but so did the rest of the team. I can't make up my mind with him, part of me says he will come good and the other part says when for goodness sake?

Do we hold him or let him go? If he stays he may not improve,but if he goes and turns out to be the buy of the year?

Magpie Magic

Post by Magpie Magic » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 6:14 pm

Yossarian wrote:Thing is, he looked great on debut and rubbish since. Which either points to some decline in Brooks or that he's being poorly coached.
The problem is Moses taking over .
Moses has to go unless he improves and his role limited.
If then Brooks dosent step up he must go with him.

Kavi

Post by Kavi » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 6:21 pm

Magpie Magic wrote:
Yossarian wrote:Thing is, he looked great on debut and rubbish since. Which either points to some decline in Brooks or that he's being poorly coached.
:lol:

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 6:21 pm

Kavi wrote:
stevetiger wrote:
Kavi wrote:use littlejohn, dont renew woods and buy some forwards
Woods is great. He was huge for us last week. He had a virus all this week.

In stating that we can't overpay Woods because Ava for instance has as good if not better go forward that Woods.
i didnt mean that about woods, just dont want us to pay 800k for a forward that doesnt offer much impact
I agree with you. I've said it plenty of times in the past. Woods typically isn't an impact player. He gets metres and he has a lot to his game but his average game is average.

He isn't the guy that you build the team around. Ava, Grant, Felise and Sue all aren't far behind him and in some aspects are better than him. Ava especially was great today. When you need a tough hit up Ava delivers.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 6:23 pm

Geo. wrote:Oh and get Andrew McFadden as Coach....
It'd be a step up wouldn't it.

Magpie Magic

Post by Magpie Magic » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 6:25 pm

Kavi wrote:
Magpie Magic wrote:
Moses really served up some cooking today. :roll

Kavi

Post by Kavi » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 6:30 pm

Magpie Magic wrote:
Kavi wrote:
Magpie Magic wrote:
Moses really served up some cooking today. :roll
too funny :roll: :roll:

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 6:33 pm

We really need to let him go, please if there's anyone with an ounce of foresight and footy knowledge left in this club I plead with you to use it and realise that he's not what we need. If you list the things you want a half to be good at Brooks doesn't feature in any of them IMO.

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 6:33 pm

I could live without Brooks in our side, tbh. The 18 year old Cleary has already surpassed him in just half a season! I really think we played better with Littlejohn at half and Moses calling the shots at 5/8. Moses is the one who can guide the team around the park and create things. We really just need a consistent half, with a good kicking game and good defence (a la Jeff Robson) and I think Littlejohn can offer that.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

Magpie Magic

Post by Magpie Magic » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 6:35 pm

Flippedy wrote:I could live without Brooks in our side, tbh. The 18 year old Cleary has already surpassed him in just half a season! I really think we played better with Littlejohn at half and Moses calling the shots at 5/8. Moses is the one who can guide the team around the park and create things. We really just need a consistent half, with a good kicking game and good defence (a la Jeff Robson) and I think Littlejohn can offer that.
Disagree but even with a good half and kicker Moses will still try to take over and stuff things against all but average opponents.

Bula

Post by Bula » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 6:35 pm

Brooks, Simona and half a dozen others were not good enough and played like the they knew it. Take them out of their comfort zone and they fall to bits or go missing. Woods plays like a mattress in attack and defence. Put Edwards effort into his body and there would be not stopping him.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 6:40 pm

Magpie Magic wrote:
Flippedy wrote:I could live without Brooks in our side, tbh. The 18 year old Cleary has already surpassed him in just half a season! I really think we played better with Littlejohn at half and Moses calling the shots at 5/8. Moses is the one who can guide the team around the park and create things. We really just need a consistent half, with a good kicking game and good defence (a la Jeff Robson) and I think Littlejohn can offer that.
Disagree but even with a good half and kicker Moses will still try to take over and stuff things against all but average opponents.
Here is the thing. Moses is really having a go but if often isn't coming off. Brooks isn't making the same amount of mistakes.

Is Moses taking too many opportunities from Brooks ?

hugh1954

Post by hugh1954 » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 6:50 pm

Didn't even know Brooks was playing for much of the game, when i did try to find him he was wandering around showing no urgency in attack or defense just watching. Said many weeks ago he was gun shy don't know why we wouldn't be putting him on notice early next year as to his expectations and ESPECIALLY involvement

Club Sandwich

Post by Club Sandwich » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 6:56 pm

Agree Brooks needs to be let go at the end of 2017, if not sooner if a suitable replacement is found. His defence would have to be the worst in the NRL, it's embarrassing. As someone said on here he regularly gets swatted away like a fly. It's ridiculous that someone like that think they can command 600k per year.
Wish we could have signed someone like Blake Green to partner Moses in the halves.
Tigers tragic since 1980.