Brooks

Tigerdave

Re: Brooks

Post by Tigerdave » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 4:28 pm

He sits back and doesn't try anything...........certainly if the forwards are on the back foot. He's gone backwards big time.

I'd probably prefer Moses in at half and Rankin at 5/8 or Littlejohn

Snake

Post by Snake » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 4:32 pm

IMO Brooks should be shown the door ,the guy has had long enough to show something ,today's effort was the last for mine .Moses shows that he has the stuff to move forward but Brooks is just a passenger ,tap him on the shoulder and ask him to look at another club.

Kavi

Post by Kavi » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 4:33 pm

foreveratiger wrote:Offers 0....NOTHING.....NIENTE.......NADA......RIEN.

Cut our losses like someone said and move on. We have been believing on POTENTIAL for far to long .

Over it .
Sam Williams for me

stryker

Post by stryker » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 4:34 pm

He is an aweful halfback and only a very average footballer in general at this level.
If people think Farah's money will come in handy, just wait until this clown is replaced by a hungry young gun on a quarter his money.

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 4:40 pm

He's on par with John Morris IMO

It's a shame Jeff Robson is retiring , he'd be a good foil for Moses .
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Kavi

Post by Kavi » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 4:52 pm

hobbo2803 wrote:He's on par with John Morris IMO

It's a shame Jeff Robson is retiring , he'd be a good foil for Moses .
Robson is likely going on for another year at parra

Sco77y

Post by Sco77y » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 4:57 pm

Agree, although it's a shame. He's far from a world beater and I'm not sure he even has the potential to be one.. Time will tell I guess. If he doesn't really step up next season he likely won't have a new contract. People say he's injured.. Firstly why wouldn't the club bring in Littlejohn in that case? They've done it before.

And to say he's playing on one leg is a copout - there are plenty of players who play injured and they seem to still do a fine job. I'm sure Mosses was playing injured today too, copped a few knocks.. If Brooks was that badly injured to justify a performance like today then he wouldn't have been playing. He's not worth the money he's supposedly on, and if these performances keep up he'll never see that kind of money again.

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 5:03 pm

I'd rather Moses at 7 and Siro at 6. Gives us some size at least.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 5:05 pm

Time will tell whether our Club has learn't anything on paying overs for over hyped players .

Teddy , Moses are worth it .

Seriously you compare Nathan Cleary and Ashley Taylor to Brooks and Brooks is not even in the same breath of fresh air as the other 2.
Titans are going to make a decision between Kane Elgey and Ash Taylor ? we should be enquiring for Ash Taylor at the very least IMO .

Nathan Cleary and Ash Taylor will be the opposing Halfbacks at State of Origin level within 3 years mark my words.
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 5:09 pm

As others have said playing injured and he certainly was not getting any help from his forwards today trying to defend the Raiders grollias

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 5:10 pm

The only thing that really irked me was the stupid decision to carry on with the predetermined short ball to Lawrence early on and for the umpteent time. Either change the recipient or take the tackle, simple.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 5:12 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:Now that the Farah drama has ended, its time the club made its next big call and that's
to allow Brooks to leave at the end of 2017. He's not the answer, the last 2 weeks have been glaringly obvious. Moses had a shocker today, but he's in the game, you can't fault his effort. Brooks shows glimpses, but the amount of time he spends as the invisible man is criminal.
As someone told me here a year ago - there a lot more who should be gotten rid of before Farah.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 5:14 pm

king sirro wrote:I'd rather Moses at 7 and Siro at 6. Gives us some size at least.
I'd rather him next to Moses in defence.

MissMeJen

Post by MissMeJen » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 5:24 pm

Didnt even know he was back from injury.
Didnt see him at all today

Boonboon2

Post by Boonboon2 » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 5:28 pm

stryker wrote:He is an aweful halfback and only a very average footballer in general at this level.
If people think Farah's money will come in handy, just wait until this clown is replaced by a hungry young gun on a quarter his money.
Yep its confirmed 2 threads 2 of your posts your an idiot. Please tell me u've had 40 beers because if ur anywhere near sober u should give up

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 5:40 pm

Kavi wrote:use littlejohn, dont renew woods and buy some forwards
Woods is great. He was huge for us last week. He had a virus all this week.

In stating that we can't overpay Woods because Ava for instance has as good if not better go forward that Woods.

stryker

Post by stryker » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 5:41 pm

The fact you disagree doesn't surprise me.
I doubt you've ever even seen a game of footy live let alone played it.

69tiger

Post by 69tiger » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 5:47 pm

foreveratiger wrote:Time will tell whether our Club has learn't anything on paying overs for over hyped players .

Teddy , Moses are worth it .

Seriously you compare Nathan Cleary and Ashley Taylor to Brooks and Brooks is not even in the same breath of fresh air as the other 2.
Titans are going to make a decision between Kane Elgey and Ash Taylor ? we should be enquiring for Ash Taylor at the very least IMO .

Nathan Cleary and Ash Taylor will be the opposing Halfbacks at State of Origin level within 3 years mark my words.