For a team that had everything to play for

tigers2005

Re: For a team that had everything to play for

Post by tigers2005 » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 6:23 pm

As a member who spends his hard earned money to follow this team around, its just not good enough. My head told me we wouldnt win today, but my heart said 20,000 screaming fans, a chance to play semis, the boys could actually do this. I can cop a loss. But to get demolished at leichardt in front of a sell out is inexcusable. 30-4 at halftime for our biggest game in 4 years, are you kidding me. Its JT's job to get the team up for this game and he failed miserably. Step 1 was to move farah on. Step 2 should be to say bye bye to JT.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 6:28 pm

851 wrote:
kafta wrote:Well at least JT has improved the defence, Last time we played them we copped 10 tries this game only 9. Bring on 2017.... :cry:
Yeh lets sign him up long term, last year we conceded 562 points, Taylor fixed this, this year we conceded 607, he is a liar and a failure, sack the bloke and sack him now. :x
Reading Pascoe's article, and to a lesser extent, Mike Bailey's article a couple days earlier, they are all in on JT for 2017.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 6:30 pm

hybrid_tiger wrote:If anyone thought today would go any other way they are completely deluded, or have been following this team for 5 minutes.

This is what we dish up when it matters, it always has been.
Your not wrong, there.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 6:32 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
851 wrote:
kafta wrote:Well at least JT has improved the defence, Last time we played them we copped 10 tries this game only 9. Bring on 2017.... :cry:
Yeh lets sign him up long term, last year we conceded 562 points, Taylor fixed this, this year we conceded 607, he is a liar and a failure, sack the bloke and sack him now. :x
Reading Pascoe's article, and to a lesser extent, Mike Bailey's article a couple days earlier, they are all in on JT for 2017.[/quote

] Well then, it must be ok.
Another fun filled season on the way.

Post by 851 » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 6:34 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
851 wrote:
Reading Pascoe's article, and to a lesser extent, Mike Bailey's article a couple days earlier, they are all in on JT for 2017.
That was before another pathetic effort today, twice in 3 weeks now with the season on the line.
Go hard or go home

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 6:40 pm

851 wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
851 wrote:
That was before another pathetic effort today, twice in 3 weeks now with the season on the line.
Well if you want to sack him, sack him. But you can only sack him if you can bring in someone with a better record and has experience with taking teams to the 8 consistently. If you're sacking to him to just sign a rookie, then we're back to square one.

shane2801

Post by shane2801 » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 6:53 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
851 wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
851 wrote: Yeh lets sign him up long term, last year we conceded 562 points, Taylor fixed this, this year we conceded 607, he is a liar and a failure, sack the bloke and sack him now. :x
Well if you want to sack him, sack him. But you can only sack him if you can bring in someone with a better record and has experience with taking teams to the 8 consistently. If you're sacking to him to just sign a rookie, then we're back to square one.
100% correct. I am sick of reading "Sack Taylor" Who are you going to replace him with??? Parish?? Payten? Don't tell me Toovey or Cleary because they are not interested. We were tipped to be bottom 3 this year and we have exceeded expectations. This is Taylor's doing. Give credit. Before todays game most people were giving credit. After today he is again the worst thing to happen at WT. Maybe next year when there is a little more peace within the club the players may perform a little better. Getting rid of Farah was the best thing to happen to us, just as it was when Benji left us.

To see him on the scoreboard today was an embarrassment. Can someone be anymore dramatic???
BLACK & WHITE...DYNAMITE!!!!!

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 7:15 pm

The Illness excuse does not cut it. Not at NRL level.

Twice in 3 weeks we have had our season on the line and had 40 and 50 put on us.

Last week was not as impressive as people made out. The Warriors scored 24 and had 3 disallowed. The writing was on the wall.

Today 11 months of hard work was on the line and we were pathetic.

Now a 30-16 defeat or something like that might have shown a bit of ticker and motivation.

But we were awful and deserve nothing but flak for a pathetic performance.

The season can be viewed more positively then today but no one can deny it took a big dent today.

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by TCL » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 7:15 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
851 wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
851 wrote: Yeh lets sign him up long term, last year we conceded 562 points, Taylor fixed this, this year we conceded 607, he is a liar and a failure, sack the bloke and sack him now. :x
Bellamy isn't available. I'm not the biggest JT fan but he should get another year, if next year is no better the board will take care of it. I'm sure the club would have already sounded out Toov's and Cleary and if either were interested something would have been done. Who knows something may already be in the pipeline?? Now that two board members have shown JT support?

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 7:17 pm

Tiger Come Lately wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
851 wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote: Reading Pascoe's article, and to a lesser extent, Mike Bailey's article a couple days earlier, they are all in on JT for 2017.
Bellamy isn't available. I'm not the biggest JT fan but he should get another year, if next year is no better the board will take care of it. I'm sure the club would have already sounded out Toov's and Cleary and if either were interested something would have been done. Who knows something may already be in the pipeline?? Now that two board members have shown JT support?
The first 6 weeks next season will make or break Taylor. He won't survive another 6 game losing streak.

Tiger Tim

Post by Tiger Tim » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 7:20 pm

Standing on the hill today with my son i kept thinking, 'Fathers Day isn't meant to be like this' and then i remembered i'm a Tigers supporter. Ah well, there's always next year. I feel like i've said that way too many times.

Post by 851 » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 7:29 pm

Eddie wrote:The Illness excuse does not cut it. Not at NRL level.

Twice in 3 weeks we have had our season on the line and had 40 and 50 put on us.

Last week was not as impressive as people made out. The Warriors scored 24 and had 3 disallowed. The writing was on the wall.

Today 11 months of hard work was on the line and we were pathetic.

Now a 30-16 defeat or something like that might have shown a bit of ticker and motivation.

But we were awful and deserve nothing but flak for a pathetic performance.

The season can be viewed more positively then today but no one can deny it took a big dent today.
This is the sealer for me, he couldn't lift us twice in three weeks for a top 8 birth, and on top of that we have had 40 and 50 points put on us in those games, the bloke has failed, lets move him on like Farah was moved on.
Go hard or go home

BornBlack&Gold

Post by BornBlack&Gold » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 7:32 pm

.[/quote]
Maybe next year when there is a little more peace within the club the players may perform a little better. Getting rid of Farah was the best thing to happen to us, just as it was when Benji left us.

To see him on the scoreboard today was an embarrassment. Can someone be anymore dramatic???[/quote]

yep, the bloke is a tool and a sook. I can't argue with that. But if anyone thinks our performances this year were caused by robbie farah dramas and things will magically get better next year because he isn't here they are out of their freakin tree!!!
It begins and ends with our rubbish defence and our forward pack getting completely out muscled most weeks. when the going gets tough our forwards get out of the way. For me Woods, Sue, ET and maybe Seuamanufangai are the only ones we need to keep. the rest could be replaced and we wouldn't miss them.
From there we still have issues with terrible defence out wide.

These issues will not go away because we are rid of a drama queen who dropped his lip and threw tanties when we lost. after all he wasn't even in the team when we lost 3 of our last 4

Tigerheart_returns

Post by Tigerheart_returns » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 7:38 pm

I'd just be happy if in the off season they worked on the SINGLE most used ploy against us, throughout the season - attacking the right side. If a coach can't fix that, in 24 months, I have grave doubts he'll be able to do it in the next 12. But I understand the reasons for wanting to keep him in the job.

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by TCL » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 7:40 pm

Speaking of pack size, at the park today there was a kid running around in NYC who was a giant don't know his name or his game but who is he cause he was huge, maybe because the others around him were small? But he was big can he play?

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 7:42 pm

Tigerheart_returns wrote:I'd just be happy if in the off season they worked on the SINGLE most used ploy against us, throughout the season - attacking the right side. If a coach can't fix that, in 24 months, I have grave doubts he'll be able to do it in the next 12. But I understand the reasons for wanting to keep him in the job.
Tbf it's only been this yr that the right side has been an issue. It needs a lot of work over the summer.

LCA

Post by LCA » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 7:49 pm

hybrid_tiger wrote:If anyone thought today would go any other way they are completely deluded, or have been following this team for 5 minutes.

This is what we dish up when it matters, it always has been.
Sadly, it is very, very true.

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 8:11 pm

shane2801 wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
851 wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote: Reading Pascoe's article, and to a lesser extent, Mike Bailey's article a couple days earlier, they are all in on JT for 2017.
100% correct. I am sick of reading "Sack Taylor" Who are you going to replace him with??? Parish?? Payten? Don't tell me Toovey or Cleary because they are not interested. We were tipped to be bottom 3 this year and we have exceeded expectations. This is Taylor's doing. Give credit. Before todays game most people were giving credit. After today he is again the worst thing to happen at WT. Maybe next year when there is a little more peace within the club the players may perform a little better. Getting rid of Farah was the best thing to happen to us, just as it was when Benji left us.

To see him on the scoreboard today was an embarrassment. Can someone be anymore dramatic???
Not sure - never had nearly twenty thousand people cheering for me - probably might evoke some sort of emotion.
Last edited by Telltails on Sun 04 Sep, 2016 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.