For a team that had everything to play for

innsaneink

Re: For a team that had everything to play for

Post by innsaneink » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 8:12 pm

Nearly 20000 out there thought it would go differently.... As with the Nz game... I thought we were no chance then.... You never know what you get with us

I hope you put your house on the raiders, hybrid

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 8:31 pm

hybrid_tiger wrote:If anyone thought today would go any other way they are completely deluded, or have been following this team for 5 minutes.

This is what we dish up when it matters, it always has been.

Even in 2005? :crazy

Woods, Taylor and Brooks should never have played. I guess the second tier salary cap may have had something to do with that.

Our season was done and dusted when Tedesco had his jaw broken. All over red rover.

Brooks ( if he was not injured ) should never play for the Weststigers again.

Moses, Nofo, Alaoia?, this forums favourite redhead and Grant played ok.

Lawrence, both centers, both wingers should be shaking the reserve grade coaches hand next year.

:brick:

stevied

Post by stevied » Mon 05 Sep, 2016 5:32 am

There's no question that it was an abysmal performance and, I agree, there was everything to play for including; a place in the eight, farewell for Robbie, to please a packed house at Leichhardt and to redeem some pride after the previous debacle in Canberra. I was a bit angry and emotional when I wrote my comment on the 'Wake Up Call' thread earlier describing the effort as pathetic. However, I wasn't surprised that we got toweled. Canberra are a rolling juggernaut that were always going to be near impossible to stop with their huge forwards and big, fast backs. Put simply, it's the worst possible match up for us and we were put in our rightful place. Yes, it was a lamentable and, yes, the players should have shown greater commitment to, at least make it a game, but I also think there were factors that contributed to the meek surrender. These were the niggling injuries and sickness that affected some players, the inexperience of the team (causing deer in the headlights syndrome) and, finally the fact that the Raiders are a red hot team at the moment. None of this excuses the failure by some players to put in but, really, I think we were up against it from the start. So it's back to the drawing board. However, it's not the end of the world. There are still many positives to come from the season and we'll keep improving next year.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Mon 05 Sep, 2016 6:56 am

(not sure who by)
To see him on the scoreboard today was an embarrassment. Can someone be anymore dramatic???[/quote]...

I thought he was hiding the raiders score with his body???

As RF stated with him in the team they won the last 3 out of 4, with him gone we lost 3 out of 4 - for those whom like to preach how we won more without him.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Glen McWilliams

Post by Glen McWilliams » Mon 05 Sep, 2016 7:15 am

They played like they all brought their passports to the ground and a cab was idling on Mary Street waiting to take them to the airport.
Boston Red Sox 2013: Worst to First!
Boston Red Sox 2014: First to Worst...

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 05 Sep, 2016 7:18 am

shane2801 wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
851 wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote: Reading Pascoe's article, and to a lesser extent, Mike Bailey's article a couple days earlier, they are all in on JT for 2017.
That was before another pathetic effort today, twice in 3 weeks now with the season on the line.
Well if you want to sack him, sack him. But you can only sack him if you can bring in someone with a better record and has experience with taking teams to the 8 consistently. If you're sacking to him to just sign a rookie, then we're back to square one.
100% correct. I am sick of reading "Sack Taylor" Who are you going to replace him with??? Parish?? Payten? Don't tell me Toovey or Cleary because they are not interested. We were tipped to be bottom 3 this year and we have exceeded expectations. This is Taylor's doing. Give credit. Before todays game most people were giving credit. After today he is again the worst thing to happen at WT. Maybe next year when there is a little more peace within the club the players may perform a little better. Getting rid of Farah was the best thing to happen to us, just as it was when Benji left us.

To see him on the scoreboard today was an embarrassment. Can someone be anymore dramatic???
Funny how you'd be in a massive minority if you said that at the ground yesterday.
Also funny that his detractors here are in the very small minority of WTs supporters, as was also shown late last year.

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Mon 05 Sep, 2016 7:34 am

The team was ,if your honest about it,not at the best from the start of the game,illness through the week,Injuries not quite healed and very inexperienced in finals type games...

This team is not at the NRL standard required to be competitive every week during the season....it was fantastic that the crowd turned up to support them as well as the farewell for RF and DH...

Even if the whole squad was fit and raring to go...the Raiders would still have blown them off the park because they are about 2 levels above our guys in all areas,forwards and backs,unfortunately they capitalised on our mistakes and immaturity,they overpowered our younger team and don't forget that the Raiders were on a winning roll coming into our game and they were absolutely beaming confidence ....

Yesterdays game is forgetable,it wasn't an even match under the circumstances,let's look to next year as a positive from this year, we finished well up the ladder from last year and the team is still developing,a couple of seasoned hard heads to be purchased in the off season and we can be in it for a long time in 2017...
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Juro

Post by Juro » Mon 05 Sep, 2016 8:17 am

I thought they started the game with so much nervous energy. Both teams were making mistakes in the first 10 minutes. Then the Raiders calmed down and focused themselves...

If we were in a better frame of mind at the start of the game, the story may have been different. But once Canberra got into the swing of things, we had no answer.
I've been a member since 2012. We last played finals football in 2011. Just saying...

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 05 Sep, 2016 9:00 am

We were rooted from the kick off. On the back foot straight away and never recovered from the jitters while Canberra composed themselves, took advantage of poor defence and from there it was all she wrote.
"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Mon 05 Sep, 2016 12:15 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:(not sure who by)
To see him on the scoreboard today was an embarrassment. Can someone be anymore dramatic???

I thought he was hiding the raiders score with his body???

As RF stated with him in the team they won the last 3 out of 4, with him gone we lost 3 out of 4 - for those whom like to preach how we won more without him.[/quote]

There it is again.....would you stop it?

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Mon 05 Sep, 2016 12:17 pm

kafta wrote:Well at least JT has improved the defence, Last time we played them we copped 10 tries this game only 9. Bring on 2017.... :cry:

hahahahaaaaaa.....classic - you can't deny the stats. lol

LCA

Post by LCA » Mon 05 Sep, 2016 7:22 pm

In 2016: Canberra 112 v Wests Tigers 16. Disgraceful.

tigerap

Post by tigerap » Mon 05 Sep, 2016 7:41 pm

Its clear we booked the Harbour crusier last week for today.....no way those boats are on standby

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by TCL » Mon 05 Sep, 2016 7:48 pm

LCA wrote:In 2016: Canberra 112 v Wests Tigers 16. Disgraceful.

Now that you put it that way, man it is bad! i thought 60 - 4 and 52 - 10 wasn't that bad :roll

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Mon 05 Sep, 2016 7:56 pm

LCA wrote:
hybrid_tiger wrote:If anyone thought today would go any other way they are completely deluded, or have been following this team for 5 minutes.

Sadly, it is very, very true.

What's sad about it is that it's different personnel - different players, different coaching staff, different management yet same result as years gone by! That is disturbing! What else can they possibly change that would fix this once and for all?
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

timmings01

Post by timmings01 » Mon 05 Sep, 2016 8:14 pm

Exactly. But each year you just have to hope the next one is a good one. Positive thinking as opposed to negative whining.

Sco77y

Post by Sco77y » Mon 05 Sep, 2016 10:12 pm

Kavi wrote:We never seem to be hungry to win
Apart from the Cowboys game, yeah there aren't too many times they've really looked like wanting to win. Doesn't look like they take it serious enough, like losing doesn't faze them..

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 05 Sep, 2016 10:47 pm

timmings01 wrote:

Exactly. But each year you just have to hope the next one is a good one. Positive thinking as opposed to negative whining.

I'm sure positive thinking will help change our 14/17 record...