For a team that had everything to play for

Tigerheart_returns

For a team that had everything to play for

Post by Tigerheart_returns » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 5:14 pm

performance today was diabolical, right from the start. We can discuss Brooks all we like, but honestly, apart from Moses, did anyone else REALLY want it today? To me, it came down to believing - and quite frankly, I don't know if, apart from us supporters, the team was on the same page. At the end of the game, I would have expected players to be down on their haunches, nothing left in the tank, Origin like feel - as it turned out, they seemed more concerned with mad Monday. Yes, we got beaten by a bigger, faster, more skilled team, but I just don't know we gave our all today.

Time to get the cricket gear out.

Kavi

Post by Kavi » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 5:18 pm

We never seem to be hungry to win

GoldXR50Leroy

Post by GoldXR50Leroy » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 5:19 pm

We just weren't good enough, next year might be better, might not, that's what you get following our club

GoldXR50Leroy

Post by GoldXR50Leroy » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 5:19 pm

We just weren't good enough, next year might be better, might not, that's what you get following our club

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 5:22 pm

Breaks the hearts of the youngsters who are finding it difficult to stay tigers.

I hate cricket and March seems like an eternity away.

Tiger on the hill

Post by Tiger on the hill » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 5:25 pm

comletely out played across the park. Defense almost non existent. Moses tried, but some vital misreads in defense. Brooks missing all game. Forwards made to look like amateurs. While I didn't have great expectations for this match, I thought a much better showing would have been on offer.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 5:28 pm

We got belted from the first minute,they were way to big and to strong. I really can't see how our very best 17 could ever compete against that Raiders side. They are bigger right across the park,faster and harder. We either have to import some grollias or get our players on the juice!!

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 5:35 pm

If anyone thought today would go any other way they are completely deluded, or have been following this team for 5 minutes.

This is what we dish up when it matters, it always has been.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 5:38 pm

Was thinking to myself after hearing Woods on radio and genuinely sounding crook as a dog, I wonder if all those with the flu will go to bed and recover forgoing tomorrows events.

I'll be pretty ropeable, as I am now...If I see them on the squirt enjoying themselves, but we seem to have this discussion every year after round 26

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 5:39 pm

We were pathetic. That is all I can say. Spartan - I hate cricket as well.

Some changes need to be made for next year excluding Robbie.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 5:42 pm

hybrid_tiger wrote:If anyone thought today would go any other way they are completely deluded, or have been following this team for 5 minutes.

It's the culture that has changed completely this year.

I'm sorry but any idiot who believes the culture line is an idiot. I also don't agree with you. This team is not the team of last year or any year previously. We capitulated today and I have no idea why but we need to improve as a team.

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 5:47 pm

supercoach wrote:We got belted from the first minute,they were way to big and to strong. I really can't see how our very best 17 could ever compete against that Raiders side. They are bigger right across the park,faster and harder. We either have to import some grollias or get our players on the juice!!
And to think they had Austin and junior Paulo on the sidelines and the luxury of Fensom not being able to get in the side.

With the crowd that we got i seriously thought no more than a 10 point loss. Today was pathetic.
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 5:56 pm

innsaneink wrote:Was thinking to myself after hearing Woods on radio and genuinely sounding crook as a dog, I wonder if all those with the flu will go to bed and recover forgoing tomorrows events.

I'll be pretty ropeable, as I am now...If I see them on the squirt enjoying themselves, but we seem to have this discussion every year after round 26
Postcards from Bali coming soon....
Happy Days !
Offical member of the MCK fan club.

kafta

Post by kafta » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 6:02 pm

Well at least JT has improved the defence, Last time we played them we copped 10 tries this game only 9. Bring on 2017.... :cry:

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 6:10 pm

Yeah, how they could have everything to play for and not turn up, yet again, is beyond my understanding and extremely disappointing. I could take it if they at least had a dig and lost, but in all reality, I think our position on the ladder this year has flattered us somewhat and gave fans a false hope of something better.

In the last 3 weeks, 2 of the top eight sides have comprehensively smashed us, while in between we had a lucky win over a team that is as inconsistent and notorious as we are at losing the un-losable. I think the win over the Cowboys, who were completely out of sorts that night, and a couple of grinding wins over 2 teams, who had nothing to play for (Saints & Parra) prior to this made us all believe the team was better than it actually is. They are still a very immature side in so many ways. I don't know if they will ever grow beyond this, it's the worst possible way to end the season for all concerned.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

Post by 851 » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 6:15 pm

kafta wrote:Well at least JT has improved the defence, Last time we played them we copped 10 tries this game only 9. Bring on 2017.... :cry:
Yeh lets sign him up long term, last year we conceded 562 points, Taylor fixed this, this year we conceded 607, he is a liar and a failure, sack the bloke and sack him now. :x
Go hard or go home

Kavi

Post by Kavi » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 6:17 pm

Spartan117 wrote:Breaks the hearts of the youngsters who are finding it difficult to stay tigers.

I hate cricket and March seems like an eternity away.
It will be very hard if we lose teddy or moses

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by TCL » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 6:19 pm

hybrid_tiger wrote:If anyone thought today would go any other way they are completely deluded, or have been following this team for 5 minutes.

My hands up! I did think we would be better than that today.

In attack we showed glimpses but when it mattered we couldn't hold on to the ball. Defence was horrible.