32%

Total votes: 68

Tigerheart_returns

Poll - cast your vote

Post by Tigerheart_returns » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 5:23 pm

Be a judge of the WT 2016 season..cravat optional :D

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 5:47 pm

I honestly can't believe anyone thinks that we overachieved. We should have made the finals.

That was a year of underachievement with some great moments throughout the year.

Club Sandwich

Post by Club Sandwich » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 6:59 pm

It was far from the below average dribble we have seen the last few years but it was still way off the mark.
Highlight - Beating the Cowboys.
Lowlight - Losing to the Knights. That game was abysmal.
Tigers tragic since 1980.

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Mon 05 Sep, 2016 11:17 am

Our season ended when the thug took out Tedesco.

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Mon 05 Sep, 2016 11:20 am

magpiecol wrote:Our season ended when the thug took out Tedesco.
Yes, would have been a very different ending to the season. By the way that thug is getting plenty of media accolades!

sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by sheer64 » Mon 05 Sep, 2016 12:41 pm

I have voted underachieved because we have not learnt from our mistakes.
Arise Sir Waste Anasta, Tool of the highest order!

TigerMoz

Post by TigerMoz » Mon 05 Sep, 2016 1:15 pm

What was the point of making the finals had we fluked an extra win during the season. Raiders put 110 points on us in 2 games, the wooden spooners beat us, we would have played the broncs in the first game in the finals. We are a crap side because JT screwed us with abysmal defence tactics, damn awful selections and the Farah saga. We dont deserve to be in the finals, let a well coached side with some ticker play, at least they'll put up a fight and the embarrassment of 2016 can fade away.

TigerSJ

Post by TigerSJ » Mon 05 Sep, 2016 2:05 pm

The most disappointing thing of all was that after showing a bit of hunger and desire towards the back end of the season, we come up with 2 absolutely weak and plainly poor efforts (Panthers, Raiders) when we had everything to play for and the chance to make the finals.

What does that say about the playing group and the coaches? Inexperience? Couldn't handle the big game pressure? Didn't really believe in themselves? Didn't buy into JT's plans? Just aren't good enough as a group of players?

Maybe we were a bit knocked around by the end - Aloiai, Lawrence and Brooks didn't look fit and then we really missed Teddy. Depth is obviously a big problem for us.

In the end we ranked 10th in points For and 15th in points Against - you wonder how we finished 9th!! I would have to say that I don't remember us beating any decent team that really turned up on the day - a matter of fact when the opposition did we generally got smashed. I think that even though there were some good moments and reasons to cheer, this season has been sadly pretty poor for many more reasons.

Russell

Post by Russell » Tue 06 Sep, 2016 7:59 am

TigerSJ wrote:The most disappointing thing of all was that after showing a bit of hunger and desire towards the back end of the season, we come up with 2 absolutely weak and plainly poor efforts (Panthers, Raiders) when we had everything to play for and the chance to make the finals.

What does that say about the playing group and the coaches? Inexperience? Couldn't handle the big game pressure? Didn't really believe in themselves? Didn't buy into JT's plans? Just aren't good enough as a group of players?

Maybe we were a bit knocked around by the end - Aloiai, Lawrence and Brooks didn't look fit and then we really missed Teddy. Depth is obviously a big problem for us.

In the end we ranked 10th in points For and 15th in points Against - you wonder how we finished 9th!! I would have to say that I don't remember us beating any decent team that really turned up on the day - a matter of fact when the opposition did we generally got smashed. I think that even though there were some good moments and reasons to cheer, this season has been sadly pretty poor for many more reasons.
So do you think there is any chance of us talking you out of slashing your wrists. Lol

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Tue 06 Sep, 2016 8:06 am

TigerWoods wrote:It was far from the below average dribble we have seen the last few years but it was still way off the mark.
Highlight - Beating the Cowboys.
Lowlight - Losing to the Knights. That game was abysmal.
the only two games i went to this season
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

TigerSJ

Post by TigerSJ » Tue 06 Sep, 2016 12:50 pm

Thanks Russell for your concern, but I think I'll be OK until next season.

fibrodreaming

Post by fibrodreaming » Tue 06 Sep, 2016 1:03 pm

I think we overachieved. I fully expected us to be in a 3 way battle for the spoon, with our rookie halves, our under-powered forward pack and our most decorated player at war with the coach.

For those who will respond that our halves aren't rookies, I would respond and say, perhaps not, but they still play like it.

Unless we buy some influential players for next season (which appears unlikely) I can't see us doing much better.