Todays Loss could work in our favour for next year

Eddie
Member
Member
Posts: 3573
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 3:05 pm

Todays Loss could work in our favour for next year

Post by Eddie » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 9:21 pm

I just think that reality check today might give some of our players a wake up call.

I didn't say anything however there was lots of lairing it up over in NZ. Players hollering it up to the crowd and carrying on after tries.Then some lots of talk in the press about how we can beat anyone on the comp. Teddy said there is something special happening here.

I would not say we went in over confident however I thought there was a bit too much tough talk for a side with plenty to prove. I think they expected Leichhardt and a big cowd would help get them over the line.

Well they got embarrassed today I think this could actually work In JT's favour next year. This flogging wll be the lasting memory coming intopre season and it should really motivate everyone to imporve. Earlier in the year the boys talked it up about playing expansive footy and were put back in their box with 6 losses and no control in games.

This loss shows us how far we have to go if we want to really act on being something special, or beating anyone.

Im just saying if we had limped into the 8 it might have papered over some cracks. Dont get me wrong i would rather be there !!


TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2249
Joined: Mon 29 Aug, 2016 8:52 am

Post by TCL » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 9:25 pm

Come on man, a wake up call, someone's been hitting the snooze button if today was a wake up call.

tigers2005
Member
Member
Posts: 252
Joined: Wed 17 Aug, 2016 2:28 pm

Post by tigers2005 » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 9:29 pm

I thought the Panthers game with everything to play for was a wake up call. But today was an atomic bomb. I really hope its a wake up call for higher powers to see that with the season on the line in front of a packed crowd, and we get absolutly smashed. If JT cant get them up for this game he never will.

Eddie
Member
Member
Posts: 3573
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 3:05 pm

Post by Eddie » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 9:32 pm

Wake up call probably the wrong words.

Smack in the Face more like it.

I just think some of our players believed their own hype.

tigers2005
Member
Member
Posts: 252
Joined: Wed 17 Aug, 2016 2:28 pm

Post by tigers2005 » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 9:36 pm

Eddie wrote:Wake up call probably the wrong words.

Smack in the Face more like it.

I just think some of our players believed their own hype.
I agree. Players were talking about finals and shaking it up when all they should have been worrying about was the raiders.


User avatar
Yossarian
Member
Member
Posts: 9748
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 7:46 pm
Location: Central Coast

Post by Yossarian » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 9:38 pm

I've said it before but I don't know where this sense of superiority comes from. A quick check of the team record and stats should tell them it's misplaced to say the least.

User avatar
Kavi
Member
Member
Posts: 615
Joined: Mon 28 Apr, 2014 4:29 pm

Post by Kavi » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 9:40 pm

missing 14 finals series in 17 years should be a wakeup call

upthetigers
Member
Member
Posts: 900
Joined: Sun 24 Jul, 2016 10:41 pm

Post by upthetigers » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 9:43 pm

Penrith loss should have been a wake up call. I fail to see how that shouldn't have been a competitive game. This loss is embarrassing and it makes the Tigers the laughing stock of the NRL. Really makes me question if I even want to support this team anymore.
Last edited by upthetigers on Sun 04 Sep, 2016 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 22665
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 9:44 pm

Kavi wrote:missing 14 finals series in 17 years should be a wakeup call
Embarrassing. And some think a coaching change will solve everything lol.

User avatar
Flippedy
Member
Member
Posts: 7913
Joined: Mon 19 Oct, 2009 10:58 pm
Location: Central Coast NSW

Post by Flippedy » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 9:44 pm

I'd like to think it would be a wake up call, except that it happens all the time with this lot - they never seem to learn! Always lots of confident, tough talking before a match only to look like chumps after under performing.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

Nelson
Member
Member
Posts: 3406
Joined: Sat 31 Oct, 2015 11:17 am

Post by Nelson » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 9:54 pm

They're just a bogey team for us at the moment. They have a lot of threats on the edge and that's right where we suck defending. We handed them momentum from the get go and never seized it back.

upthetigers
Member
Member
Posts: 900
Joined: Sun 24 Jul, 2016 10:41 pm

Post by upthetigers » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 9:57 pm

Nelson wrote:We handed them momentum from the get go and never seized it back.
I see what you did there :)

User avatar
851
Member
Member
Posts: 6427
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:38 pm

Post by 851 » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 10:20 pm

upthetigers wrote:Penrith loss should have been a wake up call. I fail to see how that shouldn't have been a competitive game. This loss is embarrassing and it makes the Tigers the laughing stock of the NRL. Really makes me question if I even want to support this team anymore.
Exactly, JT should have learnt from the panthers game, but he didn't, we were actually worse, for him and some players, there are no excuses left.
Go hard or go home

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 3477
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 8:12 am
Location: bayview

Post by jadtiger » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 10:32 pm

How can we possibly learn anything from a wake up call we get them often every season and nothing changes.The favourite players are picked every week no matter how poorly they perform. next year will be exactly the same.If we lose liddle to injury we are totally buggered and to be honest i dont think he is ready yet for a full year in the top grade.Unless we get a few decent defensive players in the backline and muscle in the forwards expect another poor year

User avatar
Club Sandwich
Member
Member
Posts: 1390
Joined: Mon 21 Apr, 2014 6:46 pm
Location: Melbourne

Post by Club Sandwich » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 10:35 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Kavi wrote:missing 14 finals series in 17 years should be a wakeup call
Embarrassing. And some think a coaching change will solve everything lol.
It won't but it's a bloody good start
Tigers tragic since 1980.

sunshine coast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 1044
Joined: Tue 16 Mar, 2010 5:40 pm
Location: Back in Sydney

Post by sunshine coast tiger » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 10:38 pm

tigers2005 wrote:I thought the Panthers game with everything to play for was a wake up call. But today was an atomic bomb. I really hope its a wake up call for higher powers to see that with the season on the line in front of a packed crowd, and we get absolutly smashed. If JT cant get them up for this game he never will.
Look at Penrith great juniors but have recruited experienced players were needed. Made the tough call to let go of some big name highly paid players.

Made an even bigger call to sack their coach in the off season for someone that could take them to the next level.

We need to make such a call on Jason Taylor

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 22665
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 10:39 pm

TigerWoods wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Kavi wrote:missing 14 finals series in 17 years should be a wakeup call
Embarrassing. And some think a coaching change will solve everything lol.
It won't but it's a bloody good start
Not when you've already sacked the one before him with pretty much the same squad. At what point do we collectively put the responsibility on the players? Blaming the coach is an cop out and a excuse not to focus on the role the players play. When we do sack him and don't move forward we'll call for the next coach to be sacked too.

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 22665
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 10:41 pm

sunshine coast tiger wrote:
tigers2005 wrote:I thought the Panthers game with everything to play for was a wake up call. But today was an atomic bomb. I really hope its a wake up call for higher powers to see that with the season on the line in front of a packed crowd, and we get absolutly smashed. If JT cant get them up for this game he never will.
Look at Penrith great juniors but have recruited experienced players were needed. Made the tough call to let go of some big name highly paid players.

Made an even bigger call to sack their coach in the off season for someone that could take them to the next level.

We need to make such a call on Jason Taylor
Flawed argument. Hard to use Penrith as an example when we haven't recruited anyone.
Last edited by GNR4LIFE on Sun 04 Sep, 2016 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply