2017 Wests Tigers Memberships On Sale!

Off-season, Pre-Season and Round Archive
GNR4LIFE

Re: 2017 Wests Tigers Memberships On Sale!

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 04 Dec, 2016 9:30 am

Masterton wrote:
kafta wrote:
Geo. wrote:Wests Tigers have hit 9835 members for 2017...the highest ever pre Christmas figure...

It's OK LCA n Kafta plenty of time to renew...
Never will while JT is in charge, enjoy your complimentary wooden spoon.
Not having a go at you Kafta, it's obviously your choice whether to be a member or not, but how long does this continue? If we're playing in the grand final in 3 years time, are people still going to be hating on Taylor if he's at the helm?
Of course they will. Pride is difficult to swallow. Take what's happened this year for example. We came 9th and people are still taking shots at him saying that he's going to take us to the wooden spoon. It's not objective. People want to believe so badly that he's done a worse job than he actually has done that they have actually convinced themselves that he has.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 04 Dec, 2016 9:40 am

kafta wrote:I have to take a stand for what i believe in.
Is it restricted to buying membership only?
Will you attend games of your team coach by the bloke you hate, cheer on the the team coached by the bloke you hate?
Buy merchandise?

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 04 Dec, 2016 9:42 am

I have no issue if people don't like the coach, each to their own. It's when they are rooting for him to be sacked that i do take issue with it. The only way he's going to get sacked is say if after round 12 we've only won 2 or 3 games, which would mean another season down the drain. To prefer that over swallowing your pride and being happy that the club is making steady progress year after year is sad.

Milky

Post by Milky » Sun 04 Dec, 2016 11:22 am

This will be my first year as a paid member because i've just recently started working, as soon as I get paid i'll be signing up.

Go you tigers!

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sun 04 Dec, 2016 11:51 am

kafta wrote:I have to take a stand for what i believe in.
Fair enough, but for mine that stance would only be fair if one thought the majority of the changes and decisions of the club of late were below par, or more so, worse than the time you were a member. That would be a hard case to prosecute in regard to this club, even allowing for the decision by Pascoe to temporarily backtrack on the Farah position which added another year of turmoil.

Don't like the coach, well I don't particularly like him either, but he is just part of the process of change, and change that very few would argue was not necessary. Taylor has done the hard yards with a cheque book in which the butts were mostly already written and too high for contracts that were too long.

Once again, fair enough, he knew most of that when he arrived or signed up for the challenge. Since then he has challenged the culture and playing style, whilst also the patience of many of us which was worn very thin at times.

This coming season begins with a playing squad and coaching structure that I believe is as much as, or close to his choice that Taylor had expected at this point. As such it is time to deliver and doubt you would get anyone debating that.

Even if you still don't like him, get out and support him, just like those of us that couldn't wait until Farah was gone, yet never booed him and applauded his efforts when in our colours. It works both ways.

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Sun 04 Dec, 2016 1:06 pm

I can't stand the coach and honestly believe he has been a hindrance to the development of the team. However there is no way that his tenure at the club for however long it lasts will effect my level of support. Equally I refuse to blindly support everything he says and does because he wears the "coaches hat" and quite frankly get over those who challenge my loyalty to the team when I question or criticize some of his actions and decisions.
When he delivers then I will be happy to eat humble pie.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 04 Dec, 2016 1:30 pm

I felt the same TT towards the end of Sheens tenure

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Sun 04 Dec, 2016 1:35 pm

Quite a bit of distain regarding JT in this thread that is about membership....if you are a loyal supporter and fan of the WTs then you should know you must take the good with the bad..its life..not everything regarding the club will be favourably looked upon by us the members and fans,however the Club makes decisions on our behalf and we have to accept those decisions and let the people employed to do them get it done...IT will not always be right,but we must let them do their job...the old saying....

WHAT IS POPULAR IS NOT ALWAYS RIGHT........WHAT IS RIGHT IS NOT ALWAYS POPULAR.... :D
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

greatodensraven

Post by greatodensraven » Sun 04 Dec, 2016 3:33 pm

Milky wrote:This will be my first year as a paid member because i've just recently started working, as soon as I get paid i'll be signing up.

Go you tigers!
Hopefully the first of many mate. Just over 3 months now.

Carn Tiges!!

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Mon 05 Dec, 2016 9:07 am

The bottom line a lot of people are putting their hard earned cash behind the WestsTigers for next season without being put off by who is coaching our team or anything else...and that is fantastic

Anyway I guess there are plenty of people out their who think we are heading in the right direction

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 06 Dec, 2016 11:17 pm

WTs memberships way up on this time last year..
Souths memberships way down.
Jus sayn

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by TCL » Tue 06 Dec, 2016 11:52 pm

I was a member before JT arrived and have been a member since he arrived and longevity willing I'll be a member long after he is gone!

But each to there own!

tigerap

Post by tigerap » Tue 06 Dec, 2016 11:57 pm

Milky wrote:This will be my first year as a paid member because i've just recently started working, as soon as I get paid i'll be signing up.

Go you tigers!

Well done Milky... word of advice... try and save 50% of your pay whilst still at home .... you won't regret it later in life..

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Wed 07 Dec, 2016 4:51 pm

Naaah...blow it, party...youre only young once

Cosimo_Zaretti

Post by Cosimo_Zaretti » Wed 07 Dec, 2016 10:48 pm

Milky I'm 34 years old, married and renting in the inner west keeps me broke.

If I can offer you any advice from my 21 year old self it would be to find a group of backpackers and get on the ling island ice teas at the shark bar. See where the evening takes you and if you can remember it.

No one saves money while they're living at home

greatodensraven

Post by greatodensraven » Thu 08 Dec, 2016 7:23 pm

Here's some more (potentially unwanted) advice for you Milky. Have a bit of fun, then save yer cash, complete your degree & go work/live in London for a few years. Plenty of $/fun to be had over there!

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Thu 08 Dec, 2016 9:17 pm

greatodensraven wrote:Here's some more (potentially unwanted) advice for you Milky. Have a bit of fun, then save yer cash, complete your degree & go work/live in London for a few years. Plenty of $/fun to be had over there!
My daughter has been teaching in London for 5 years, hasn't got a penny to her name.
She's been to every country that you could imagine, has a life time of memories.
London is a very expensive city to live in, the plus side it is so close to everywhere.

Some more unwanted advise; Went out on the grog with a friend of mine, he went to his chest of draws there were about 100 unopened pay packets (yes I'm showing my age) he said that was his first truck. He now owns a trucking company worth millions.

Either way enjoy yourself you only get 1 ride on the merry go round of life.
For some people that can be very short.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 10 Dec, 2016 9:29 am

Wests Tigers launch Flexi Bundle

Fri 9th December, 09:27PM
Just in time for Christmas Wests Tigers have launched a new Flexi Bundle, combining merchandise and 2017 game tickets.

The new Flexi Bundle offers supporter the opportunity to pick up a great piece of merchandise plus three flexi tickets for use at any Wests Tigers 2017 home game.

The offer is available for two packages, a 2017 Auckland Nines jersey with three flexi tickets for $199, or a 2017 Player Polo with three flexi tickets for $114.

Grab yours today and put it under the tree this Christmas.

http://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2016 ... unch_.html

Pretty good deal ..3 Games and a Polo ...nice
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..