2017 Predictions Thread...

Off-season, Pre-Season and Round Archive
gallagher

Re: 2017 Predictions Thread...

Post by gallagher » Wed 11 Jan, 2017 10:11 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
gallagher wrote:Canberra, canterbury and the riff to drop out of the 8.
Us, NZ and Parra to replace them.
I can't see Canberra falling away. The Dogs for sure though. I think they will miss out and Manly and Souths will continue to struggle.
I just think they had a heap of players like BJ and Rapana that over achieved. They've been in the NRL for quite a few years but have only had one good year. Add that to the Stuart factor that his methods seem to wear thin on the players after a couple of years.
Manly are a big chance for the spoon and souffs have been crap since mid '15. I agree, no change there.

stryker

Post by stryker » Wed 11 Jan, 2017 10:13 pm

Minor Premiers = Brisbane
Major Premiers = Canberra

Top 8
Brisbane
Canberra
Cowboys
Melbourne
Sharks
Warriors
Penrith
Wests Tigers

SOO winners = QLD 2-1
World Cup winners = Australia over the Kiwis
Dally M winner = James Tedesco

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Wed 11 Jan, 2017 10:22 pm

Geo. wrote:If Booze Rothy can do it so can I...

Ladder
1. Melbourne Storm
2. Penrith Panthers
3. Wests Tigers
4. Sydney Roosters
5. North Queensland Cowboys
6. Cronulla Sharks
7. Parramatta Eels
8. Canberra Raiders
9. Brisbane Broncos
10. Gold Coast Titans
11. NZ Warriors
12. Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs
13. South Sydney Rabbitohs
14. Newcastle Knights
15. Manly Warringah Sea Eagles
!6. St George Illawarra Dragons

Minor Premiers : Storm
Spoon : Dragons
Grand Final : WESTS Tigers v Sydney Roosters
Premiers : WESTS Tigers
Dally M POY : James Tedesco/Mitchell Moses - Joint
Dally M Rookie : Jacob Liddle
Dally M Point Scorer : Mitchell Moses
Dally M Try Scorer : Tim Simona
Dally M Coach : Taylor
Debut for Wests Tigers : Jamal Idris Esan Marsters Watson Heleta..
Origin : NSW 2-1
Origin Debut : NSW Jake Trbojevic QLD Jordan Rankin..

happy_tiger to make a goose of himself at some point in the season..

Your last sentence is probably the only thing that will actually come true :lol:
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Wed 11 Jan, 2017 10:23 pm

gallagher wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
I can't see Canberra falling away. The Dogs for sure though. I think they will miss out and Manly and Souths will continue to struggle.
I just think they had a heap of players like BJ and Rapana that over achieved. They've been in the NRL for quite a few years but have only had one good year. Add that to the Stuart factor that his methods seem to wear thin on the players after a couple of years.
Manly are a big chance for the spoon and souffs have been crap since mid '15. I agree, no change there.
Souths backline is absolute garbage. All they've got is Inglis and even he's starting to show signs of age.

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by TCL » Wed 11 Jan, 2017 10:37 pm

Melbourne
Canberra
Cowboys
Sharks
Broncos
Penrith
Tigers
Roosters

WestsBenTigers

Post by WestsBenTigers » Wed 11 Jan, 2017 10:47 pm

Parra
WT
Panthers
Warriors
Cowboys
Broncos
Raiders
Sharks
I will support Wests Tigers through thick or thin
I will be cheering when they win
I will love the Tigers Till I Die
With loyal supporters we will fly
I love the Tigers with my heart and soul
I just love the club as a whole
If the Wests Tigers believe
We will Unite, Commit and Achieve
:sign: :sign: :sign:

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Thu 12 Jan, 2017 1:27 am

gallagher wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Penrith are specials to make the 8 IMO, they had plenty of injuries last year and still nearly made the GF......Whare, DWZ and Te Maire will give them plenty of added strikepower. Cleary will go from strength to strength and Tamou will add more depth to their pack. They also don't lose many games at home.

1. Panthers
2. Canberra
3. Cowboys
4. Storm
5. Titans
6. Broncos
7. Sharks
8. Warriors
9. Tigers
10. Roosters
11. Bulldogs
12. Souths
13. Eels
14. Manly
15. Dragons
16. Knights

ricksen

Post by ricksen » Thu 12 Jan, 2017 3:45 pm

Penrith should push the top 2-4 with their squad. Everything a rebuild should be rather than the half hearted effort at our club. Not sure if Griffin is the man to lead them there though.
I think Canberra will drop off some as per gallagher's post above. As good as BJ and Rapana were last year, they were effectively journeymen at this stage last year. There'll be some mean reversion IMO.
Roosters will very much bounce back, Sharks will have a bit of a hangover, Warriors will continue to be the Warriors, though kick on a little bit more this year.
My stab in the dark -

Storm
Roosters
Panthers
Cowboys
Broncos
Warriors
Titans
Sharks

Tigers 12th sadly.
I think we have the potential to be ~top 6, but I can't see our defence suddenly flipping a switch and becoming mildly competent.
Hope I'm wrong, as I usually am.

Post by 2041 » Thu 12 Jan, 2017 4:03 pm

My top four: Raiders, Panthers, Storm, Titans
My 5-8: Cowboys, Sharks, Broncos, Souths

Knights for the spoon again, but only just below the Dragons.

Tigers 13th.

I'm tempted to go nuts on a grand final prediction because I can see decline potential in both last year's finalists and the Cowboys. The Raiders will be a popular pick, though I wonder if the smarter teams will have developed game plans to use against them. But what the hell, I'll go for a Raiders v Titans grand final.

NSW will win Origin.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Thu 12 Jan, 2017 4:07 pm

ricksen wrote:Penrith should push the top 2-4 with their squad. Everything a rebuild should be rather than the half hearted effort at our club. Not sure if Griffin is the man to lead them there though.
I think Canberra will drop off some as per gallagher's post above. As good as BJ and Rapana were last year, they were effectively journeymen at this stage last year. There'll be some mean reversion IMO.
Roosters will very much bounce back, Sharks will have a bit of a hangover, Warriors will continue to be the Warriors, though kick on a little bit more this year.
My stab in the dark -

Storm
Roosters
Panthers
Cowboys
Broncos
Warriors
Titans
Sharks

Tigers 12th sadly.
I think we have the potential to be ~top 6, but I can't see our defence suddenly flipping a switch and becoming mildly competent.
I think that you have made a decent assessment not sure about the titans though, souths will push for that spot.Unfortunately i have to agree on the tigers because lets face it our defence is shoddy and we have a poor backrow however as always i hope for better.

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Thu 12 Jan, 2017 4:17 pm

Bring in one new first grade standard back rower and the team's chances rise somewhat. The Farah saga however appears to have tied up CAP money.

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Thu 12 Jan, 2017 5:10 pm

wests tigers defence improves a heap.
top 8 or better finish, otherwise the coach will not have his contract renewed.
as for other teams, greg inglis finally succumbs to the persistent knee injury and misses majority of the season.
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Thu 12 Jan, 2017 5:17 pm

I'm not sold on the size of the chooks bounce back. They had a disrupted season and should improve but I think their major problem was TVS, Jennings and Maloney not being replaced adequately.

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Thu 12 Jan, 2017 5:24 pm

Even if BJ and Rapana go backwards the Raiders still have the best forward pack in the comp. Hodgson, Boyd, Paulo, Papalii, Whitehead, Soliola, Tapine...Throw in solid halves and a good goal kicker in Croker and they should definitely be top 8, pushing for top 4.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Thu 12 Jan, 2017 6:24 pm

1 penrith
2 storm
3 raiders
4 cowboys
5 sharks
6 chooks
7 Titians
8..anyones guess

As for our mob..we could finish anywhere from about 4th to 15th, but I guess it will be about 10th

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 12 Jan, 2017 6:56 pm

It really doesn't take much to scrape into the 8 when you look at some of the average teams that have made it over the years. But by our standards and our finals record, it is a big deal for our club so it would be an achievement.

ricksen

Post by ricksen » Fri 13 Jan, 2017 2:45 pm

jadtiger wrote:
ricksen wrote:Penrith should push the top 2-4 with their squad. Everything a rebuild should be rather than the half hearted effort at our club. Not sure if Griffin is the man to lead them there though.
My stab in the dark -

Storm
Roosters
Panthers
Cowboys
Broncos
Warriors
Titans
Sharks

Tigers 12th sadly.
I think that you have made a decent assessment not sure about the titans though, souths will push for that spot.Unfortunately i have to agree on the tigers because lets face it our defence is shoddy and we have a poor backrow however as always i hope for better.
Yeah the Titans are a bit of a wildcard, especially given they'll have a level of expectation around them this season. Probably should have had Canberra there, as Nelson says - their forwards are very good (though I think several had career years last year as well).

I can't see it with Souths. Inglis is only good for 4-5 Inglis games a season, the Burgii are potentially lethal but more often lethargic, and their backline is rather pedestrian. Even with my pessimism over our own chances, I'd be hugely disappointed if we didn't beat them in round 1.

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Fri 13 Jan, 2017 2:49 pm

1.Melbourne
2.Cowboys
3.Canberra
4.Brisbane
5.Tigers
6.Penrith
7.Roosters
8.Titans

Sharks miss the 8.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS