Your Top 25 for 2017

Off-season, Pre-Season and Round Archive
ricksen
Member
Member
Posts: 1840
Joined: Fri 17 Jul, 2015 9:10 pm

Re: Your Top 25 for 2017

Post by ricksen » Mon 13 Feb, 2017 11:11 pm

Geo. wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:His deal included an upgrade for this season.
I don't see that mentioned in the official statement..
Here we go, it's mentioned in the latest CEO Update email.
One of those young men heading to Auckland with us is Moses Suli. We were thrilled to announce on Sunday that Moses will be staying with Wests Tigers until at least the end of 2020 in a new 4-year deal. He’s an exciting young player who has committed himself to this Club and we look forward to seeing him develop in the years to come. Moses was heavily pursued by rival clubs so it was pleasing to have him chose to remain here and add to the exciting future that lies ahead.


User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 28989
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Mon 13 Feb, 2017 11:14 pm

ricksen wrote:
Geo. wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:His deal included an upgrade for this season.
I don't see that mentioned in the official statement..
Here we go, it's mentioned in the latest CEO Update email.
One of those young men heading to Auckland with us is Moses Suli. We were thrilled to announce on Sunday that Moses will be staying with Wests Tigers until at least the end of 2020 in a new 4-year deal. He’s an exciting young player who has committed himself to this Club and we look forward to seeing him develop in the years to come. Moses was heavily pursued by rival clubs so it was pleasing to have him chose to remain here and add to the exciting future that lies ahead.
How is that deal structured..?
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

User avatar
WestsBenTigers
Member
Member
Posts: 1704
Joined: Wed 05 Oct, 2016 11:14 am

Post by WestsBenTigers » Tue 14 Feb, 2017 6:59 am

Does Suli come into the Top 25 for Lovett
I will support Wests Tigers through thick or thin
I will be cheering when they win
I will love the Tigers Till I Die
With loyal supporters we will fly
I love the Tigers with my heart and soul
I just love the club as a whole
If the Wests Tigers believe
We will Unite, Commit and Achieve
:sign: :sign: :sign:

User avatar
Tigerdon
Member
Member
Posts: 3862
Joined: Mon 07 Apr, 2014 11:07 am
Location: Manly

Post by Tigerdon » Tue 14 Feb, 2017 8:27 am

Geo. wrote:Here is the Top 25 listed in the NRL Official Guide to the 2017 season..

Wests Tigers 2017 Top 25 Man Squad – Josh Aloiai, Matt Ballin, Luke Brooks, Michael Chee Kam, Joel Edwards, Jacob Junior Felise, Tim Grant, Watson Heleta, Justin Hunt, Jamal Idris, Chris Lawrence, Jacob Liddle, Jack Littlejohn, Kyle Lovett, Mitchell Moses, Kevin Naiqama, David Nofoaluma, Jordan Rankin, Ava Seumanufagai, Tim Simona, Bayley Sironen, Sauaso Sue, Elijah Taylor, James Tedesco, Aaron Woods ©

As list in 2017 NRL Official Handbook
What if Matt Ballin is injury doesn't get fixed, who plays hooker? It wouldn't be ideal to have Jacob Liddle playing every round for 80mins. I would have had Matt Mcllwirk there for back up.
Also I thought we might have been seeing some of Paseka or Marsters this year.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 28989
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Tue 14 Feb, 2017 8:46 am

Tigerdon wrote:
Geo. wrote:Here is the Top 25 listed in the NRL Official Guide to the 2017 season..

Wests Tigers 2017 Top 25 Man Squad – Josh Aloiai, Matt Ballin, Luke Brooks, Michael Chee Kam, Joel Edwards, Jacob Junior Felise, Tim Grant, Watson Heleta, Justin Hunt, Jamal Idris, Chris Lawrence, Jacob Liddle, Jack Littlejohn, Kyle Lovett, Mitchell Moses, Kevin Naiqama, David Nofoaluma, Jordan Rankin, Ava Seumanufagai, Tim Simona, Bayley Sironen, Sauaso Sue, Elijah Taylor, James Tedesco, Aaron Woods ©

As list in 2017 NRL Official Handbook
What if Matt Ballin is injury doesn't get fixed, who plays hooker? It wouldn't be ideal to have Jacob Liddle playing every round for 80mins. I would have had Matt Mcllwirk there for back up.
Also I thought we might have been seeing some of Paseka or Marsters this year.
I don't think it's gospel...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..


User avatar
Tigerdon
Member
Member
Posts: 3862
Joined: Mon 07 Apr, 2014 11:07 am
Location: Manly

Post by Tigerdon » Tue 14 Feb, 2017 9:38 am

Geo. wrote:
Tigerdon wrote:
Geo. wrote:Here is the Top 25 listed in the NRL Official Guide to the 2017 season..

Wests Tigers 2017 Top 25 Man Squad – Josh Aloiai, Matt Ballin, Luke Brooks, Michael Chee Kam, Joel Edwards, Jacob Junior Felise, Tim Grant, Watson Heleta, Justin Hunt, Jamal Idris, Chris Lawrence, Jacob Liddle, Jack Littlejohn, Kyle Lovett, Mitchell Moses, Kevin Naiqama, David Nofoaluma, Jordan Rankin, Ava Seumanufagai, Tim Simona, Bayley Sironen, Sauaso Sue, Elijah Taylor, James Tedesco, Aaron Woods ©

As list in 2017 NRL Official Handbook
What if Matt Ballin is injury doesn't get fixed, who plays hooker? It wouldn't be ideal to have Jacob Liddle playing every round for 80mins. I would have had Matt Mcllwirk there for back up.
Also I thought we might have been seeing some of Paseka or Marsters this year.
I don't think it's gospel...
Dam. the NRL are now putting out fake news.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

User avatar
sideline eye
Member
Member
Posts: 969
Joined: Fri 07 Mar, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by sideline eye » Tue 14 Feb, 2017 2:16 pm

I think that our second tier cap could be under substantial pressure if Ballin's knee doesn't hold up because McIlWrick would then be required to play a lot of first grade and he's not in the top 25. Rankin went OK at dummy half last year but he'll be found out by other coaches if he's used too much in that position.

User avatar
Harvey
Member
Member
Posts: 3534
Joined: Mon 22 Jun, 2015 10:01 pm
Location: Leumeah

Post by Harvey » Tue 14 Feb, 2017 3:37 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:His deal included an upgrade for this season.
But can't be registered until we shed a player and get ourselves under the cap?

User avatar
Tigerdon
Member
Member
Posts: 3862
Joined: Mon 07 Apr, 2014 11:07 am
Location: Manly

Post by Tigerdon » Wed 15 Feb, 2017 5:12 pm

As Mention by Geo, the Top 25 listed in the NRL Official Guide/Hanbook to the 2017 season isn't gospel.

With that in mind, the WTs have listed 24 players to take on the Cowboys on Friday night.

24 Man SQUAD: Josh Aloiai, Michael Chee Kam, Joel Edwards, JJ Felise, Tim Grant, Watson Heleta, Justin Hunt, Jamal Idris, Chris Lawrence, Jack Littlejohn, Jeremy Marshall-King, Esan Marsters, Matt McIlwrick, Kevin Naiqama, David Nofoaluma, Jordan Rankin, Ava Seumanufagai, Tim Simona, Bayley Sironen, Sauaso Sue, Moses Suli, Elijah Taylor, James Tedesco, Aaron Woods

Also UNAVAILABLE is Mitchell Moses, Luke Brooks, Matt Ballin, Jacob Liddle, Paseka.
P.S. I think Marsters,Paseka were signed on decent coin because they were being chanced by other clubs.

Anyone what to guess which four are on 2nd tier contracts?
i'm guessing Marshall-King, Heleta, Sironen & McIIwrick. hope it's not McLLwrick as we might need him come R1.
*correct me if i'm wrong but the only reason we had insight into the actual Top25 in 2015 & 2016 was because of Tiger Torch? i remember when we had injuries in the backs and Milone kept getting a start, TT said it was because he was in the Top25 and others that were being mention weren't.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

User avatar
Club Sandwich
Member
Member
Posts: 1390
Joined: Mon 21 Apr, 2014 6:46 pm
Location: Melbourne

Post by Club Sandwich » Thu 16 Feb, 2017 7:51 pm

Tigerdon wrote:In the past couple of seasons we have had all sorts of troubles debuting a player who was not in our original Top 25.
I'm pretty sure we had to plead with the NRL last year to debut Liddle. And when injuries strike people are often asking "why can't playerX play?" and the answer is often "because he wasn't in our Top25". Tiger Touch highlighted this point a couple of times. So it must have caused problems for the club.

With that in mind. I think you need to include a mix of youth and experience with those that are out of the 17 but in the Top25.

Here's my Top 25. I've tried cover all positions ( eg Prop, Backrow, Halves, Outside backs) in my 18-25.

1. Tedesco
2. Nofoaluma
3. Simona
4. Idris
5. Naqaima
6. Moses
7. Brooks
8. Woods (C)
9. Ballin
10. Ava
11. Taylor
12. Lawerence
13. Sue

14. Grant
15. Ailoai
16. Felise
17. Liddle

18. Chee-Kam
19. Joel Edwards
20. Watson Heleta
21. Matt McIlwrick
22. Moses Suli
23. Esan Marsters
24. Taniela Paseka
25. Jack Littlejohn

geez that's hard. had to leave out Rod Griffin, Wesley Lolo, B Siro, Lovett, Jordan Rankin, Justin Hunt.
would have liked to include Rankin but i'd prefer Heleta & Suli in the outside backs. Also would have liked Griffen, but once again went for youth in Paseka.
That was looking pretty good but you lost me at "would of liked to include Rankin..."
Tigers tragic since 1980.

User avatar
WestsBenTigers
Member
Member
Posts: 1704
Joined: Wed 05 Oct, 2016 11:14 am

Post by WestsBenTigers » Thu 16 Feb, 2017 8:08 pm

TigerWoods wrote:
Tigerdon wrote:In the past couple of seasons we have had all sorts of troubles debuting a player who was not in our original Top 25.
I'm pretty sure we had to plead with the NRL last year to debut Liddle. And when injuries strike people are often asking "why can't playerX play?" and the answer is often "because he wasn't in our Top25". Tiger Touch highlighted this point a couple of times. So it must have caused problems for the club.

With that in mind. I think you need to include a mix of youth and experience with those that are out of the 17 but in the Top25.

Here's my Top 25. I've tried cover all positions ( eg Prop, Backrow, Halves, Outside backs) in my 18-25.

1. Tedesco
2. Nofoaluma
3. Simona
4. Idris
5. Naqaima
6. Moses
7. Brooks
8. Woods (C)
9. Ballin
10. Ava
11. Taylor
12. Lawerence
13. Sue

14. Grant
15. Ailoai
16. Felise
17. Liddle

18. Chee-Kam
19. Joel Edwards
20. Watson Heleta
21. Matt McIlwrick
22. Moses Suli
23. Esan Marsters
24. Taniela Paseka
25. Jack Littlejohn

geez that's hard. had to leave out Rod Griffin, Wesley Lolo, B Siro, Lovett, Jordan Rankin, Justin Hunt.
would have liked to include Rankin but i'd prefer Heleta & Suli in the outside backs. Also would have liked Griffen, but once again went for youth in Paseka.
That was looking pretty good but you lost me at "would of liked to include Rankin..."
Look on the bright side, he didn't have Rankin in his top 25.
I will support Wests Tigers through thick or thin
I will be cheering when they win
I will love the Tigers Till I Die
With loyal supporters we will fly
I love the Tigers with my heart and soul
I just love the club as a whole
If the Wests Tigers believe
We will Unite, Commit and Achieve
:sign: :sign: :sign:

User avatar
Club Sandwich
Member
Member
Posts: 1390
Joined: Mon 21 Apr, 2014 6:46 pm
Location: Melbourne

Post by Club Sandwich » Fri 17 Feb, 2017 5:12 pm

WestsBenTigers wrote:
TigerWoods wrote:
Tigerdon wrote:In the past couple of seasons we have had all sorts of troubles debuting a player who was not in our original Top 25.
I'm pretty sure we had to plead with the NRL last year to debut Liddle. And when injuries strike people are often asking "why can't playerX play?" and the answer is often "because he wasn't in our Top25". Tiger Touch highlighted this point a couple of times. So it must have caused problems for the club.

With that in mind. I think you need to include a mix of youth and experience with those that are out of the 17 but in the Top25.

Here's my Top 25. I've tried cover all positions ( eg Prop, Backrow, Halves, Outside backs) in my 18-25.

1. Tedesco
2. Nofoaluma
3. Simona
4. Idris
5. Naqaima
6. Moses
7. Brooks
8. Woods (C)
9. Ballin
10. Ava
11. Taylor
12. Lawerence
13. Sue

14. Grant
15. Ailoai
16. Felise
17. Liddle

18. Chee-Kam
19. Joel Edwards
20. Watson Heleta
21. Matt McIlwrick
22. Moses Suli
23. Esan Marsters
24. Taniela Paseka
25. Jack Littlejohn

geez that's hard. had to leave out Rod Griffin, Wesley Lolo, B Siro, Lovett, Jordan Rankin, Justin Hunt.
would have liked to include Rankin but i'd prefer Heleta & Suli in the outside backs. Also would have liked Griffen, but once again went for youth in Paseka.
That was looking pretty good but you lost me at "would of liked to include Rankin..."
Look on the bright side, he didn't have Rankin in his top 25.
Haha. True!
Tigers tragic since 1980.

Post Reply