LIVE 9's Thread*

Off-season, Pre-Season and Round Archive
Fade To Black

Re: LIVE 9's Thread*

Post by Fade To Black » Sun 05 Feb, 2017 5:34 pm

We should of left JT back in Oz as well then, would of saved an airfare.

Needaname

Post by Needaname » Sun 05 Feb, 2017 5:36 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Needaname wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
"You Wanna Win, You Wanna Represent The Jersey And Do Proud. . . . A Winning Feeling Is Really Important"

Trent Robinson
I don't want Wests Tigers fans to get excited about what we're going to do at the Nines because we're not excited about it."

Jason taylor

You should Include this.
"Everything that we do in our parramatta jersey we won't to try and be at our best"
Brad Arthur!
I'd love to get a quote from Dessie. He doesn't even make the trip!!

Probably why he is on the outer at the bulldogs.

You tell me how much before and after our coach said that you were excited to see us play and represent the club at the Nines.
At least it wasn't the coach at the Panthers demotivating the players.

I was really disapointed with what said and following from that how we preformed.

Gets you really pumped for the season right?

Bet our memberships and casual interest will really sky rocket after this weekend!

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 05 Feb, 2017 5:40 pm

851 wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
magpiecol wrote:
851 wrote: He is looking good, but Col doesn't rate him.

Who said that I did not rate him?

Let's be serious here. His defence could be a lot better. I know to which wing I would be running when playing the Storm. What about you?
But but, he can really really fast.
And Rankin can't even do that, yet JT picked him every week
Yes he certainly did :D

Post by 851 » Sun 05 Feb, 2017 5:41 pm

Fade To Black wrote:We should of left JT back in Oz as well then, would of saved an airfare.
We would be better off leaving JT in New Zealand
Go hard or go home

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 05 Feb, 2017 5:42 pm

Needaname wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Needaname wrote:
innsaneink wrote:

You should Include this.
"Everything that we do in our parramatta jersey we won't to try and be at our best"
Brad Arthur!
I'd love to get a quote from Dessie. He doesn't even make the trip!!

Probably why he is on the outer at the bulldogs.

You tell me how much before and after our coach said that you were excited to see us play and represent the club at the Nines.
At least it wasn't the coach at the Panthers demotivating the players.

I was really disapointed with what said and following from that how we preformed.

Gets you really pumped for the season right?

Bet our memberships and casual interest will really sky rocket after this weekend!
I am pumped for the season. Takes more than a poor performance at a mickey mouse tournament to dampen my enthusiasm.

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Sun 05 Feb, 2017 5:46 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
851 wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
magpiecol wrote:

Who said that I did not rate him?

Let's be serious here. His defence could be a lot better. I know to which wing I would be running when playing the Storm. What about you?
But but, he can really really fast.
So you rate Rankin, GNR in our best seventeen or have you lost all objectivity when it comes to discussion that questions the coaches decisions?
BTW have also reflected on this coming from the other end of the scale ?

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 05 Feb, 2017 5:50 pm

Telltails wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
851 wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote: But but, he can really really fast.
So you rate Rankin, GNR in our best seventeen or have you lost all objectivity when it comes to discussion that questions the coaches decisions?
I don't think he's much of a player, but he's hardly worth the fetish people have for treating him like a punching bag. Is he a world beater? No. He's below average, but with our cap situation, we're going to have players like him. Like it or lump it.

Sabre

Post by Sabre » Sun 05 Feb, 2017 5:53 pm

innsaneink wrote:
"You Wanna Win, You Wanna Represent The Jersey And Do Proud. . . . A Winning Feeling Is Really Important"

Trent Robinson
I don't want Wests Tigers fans to get excited about what we're going to do at the Nines because we're not excited about it."

Jason taylor
That should be sent to the club.

It's a bit rich for the club to be sending us all emails about flying to Auckland to watch the team play and how we should buy the Nines jersey when they didn't give a stuff about giving the fans something to cheer about.

sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by sheer64 » Sun 05 Feb, 2017 5:59 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Telltails wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
851 wrote: And Rankin can't even do that, yet JT picked him every week
I don't think he's much of a player, but he's hardly worth the fetish people have for treating him like a punching bag. Is he a world beater? No. He's below average, but with our cap situation, we're going to have players like him. Like it or lump it.
We could lump it and have kept Addo-Carr instead!
Arise Sir Waste Anasta, Tool of the highest order!

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Sun 05 Feb, 2017 5:59 pm

Did the cub send emails asking fans to head to Auckland to cheer on our team? If so, they should be ashamed of themselves. Our coach didn't give a rat's about it yet the club want supporters to waste their money going to support the team.
People that purchased their airfares before JT declared that our team didn't wanna win the tournament should email the club asking for reimbursement.

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Sun 05 Feb, 2017 6:08 pm

Sabre wrote:
innsaneink wrote:

Trent Robinson

Jason taylor
That should be sent to the club.

It's a bit rich for the club to be sending us all emails about flying to Auckland to watch the team play and how we should buy the Nines jersey when they didn't give a stuff about giving the fans something to cheer about.
The club at a minimum should issue a public apology to its supporters, especially those who made the trip to Auckland and those who purchased merchandise. It is really very poor and undermines what the NRL is attempting to do holding the tournament in NZ.

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Sun 05 Feb, 2017 6:16 pm

Fade To Black wrote:Did the cub send emails asking fans to head to Auckland to cheer on our team? If so, they should be ashamed of themselves. Our coach didn't give a rat's about it yet the club want supporters to waste their money going to support the team.
People that purchased their airfares before JT declared that our team didn't wanna win the tournament should email the club asking for reimbursement.
You know a couple years ago i half entertained the thought of going to N.Z for the Weekend with a few mates for a Weekend of 9's action but there was a bit of Yes , No , Maybe's from Mates , it didn't eventuate .

Now after seeing the Squad that took the field this year and the lack of importance our Club gave to this Tournament....i don't give 2 hoots about it now , i reckon i watched no more than 20 minutes worth over the Weekend of this .
No Clubs give a rats about it so it seems , some more than others a real shame if you ask me .
I hold grave concern for this Tournament.
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

Sabre

Post by Sabre » Sun 05 Feb, 2017 6:22 pm

Fade To Black wrote:Did the cub send emails asking fans to head to Auckland to cheer on our team? If so, they should be ashamed of themselves. Our coach didn't give a rat's about it yet the club want supporters to waste their money going to support the team.
I don't think they asked fans to go, but instead said things like hope to see you there or something along those lines.

steve-o

Post by steve-o » Sun 05 Feb, 2017 6:28 pm

So to summarise:
Rankin still sucks, but will be there round 1
Day 1 was likely a result of Taylor's "we don't care about the 9s" attitude
Brooks was the Tigers best in our only game on day 2

Did I miss anything?
Year of last finals appearance:
2017 - Storm, Roosters, Broncos, Eels, Sharks, Sea Eagles, Panthers, Cowboys
2016 - Raiders, Bulldogs, Titans
2015 - Rabbitohs, Dragons
2013 - Knights
2011 - Tigers, Warriors

tigerap

Post by tigerap » Sun 05 Feb, 2017 6:30 pm

foreveratiger wrote:
You know a couple years ago i half entertained the thought of going to N.Z for the Weekend with a few mates for a Weekend of 9's action but there was a bit of Yes , No , Maybe's from Mates , it didn't eventuate .

Now after seeing the Squad that took the field this year and the lack of importance our Club gave to this Tournament....i don't give 2 hoots about it now , i reckon i watched no more than 20 minutes worth over the Weekend of this .
No Clubs give a rats about it so it seems , some more than others a real shame if you ask me .
Crowds were noticeably down this year... stadium less than half full both days

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Sun 05 Feb, 2017 6:31 pm

Funny we are not the only fans firing up about the lack of commitment and respect. Doggies fans are asking why they should bother bidding for nines jerseys (they are being auctioned) when they sent no names, and the big names sent (Klemmer & Reynolds) did not take the field at all on day 1.

maxxy86

Post by maxxy86 » Sun 05 Feb, 2017 6:38 pm

tigerap wrote:
foreveratiger wrote:

Crowds were noticeably down this year... stadium less than half full both days
Yes that is a worrying trend and will either spell the end of or a relocation of the event. However it won't or shouldn't be played in day light hours here in Australia with above 30 degree days nearly everywhere. Yeah the NRL will put this tournament under the microscope I'm thinking.
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

tigger2010

Post by tigger2010 » Sun 05 Feb, 2017 6:39 pm

GNR you honestly think teams are not training for the nines with close to 400k prize money going to the winner.