LIVE 9's Thread*

Off-season, Pre-Season and Round Archive
GNR4LIFE

Re: LIVE 9's Thread*

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 06 Feb, 2017 12:07 pm

Im glad our focus is on the season proper. If we get off to a bad start, criticism will be more than justified. Couldn't care less about leagues answer to 20/20.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 06 Feb, 2017 12:16 pm

supercoach wrote:The club spent the Seven days before he nines event trying to flog nines merchandise in order to help their bank balance,yet the coach and th club were not interested in the event. Please explain???

A few clubs have gone up a notch in my book for at least playing in the spirit of the event and having a go,where some others have dropped a notch...ours being one of them.

Although our coache said on numerous occasions in 2016..."it's not about winning" so I guess we are going to hear that quote again in 2017
And that's exactly it SC

You can't have it both ways

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 06 Feb, 2017 12:52 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:Im glad our focus is on the season proper. If we get off to a bad start, criticism will be more than justified. Couldn't care less about leagues answer to 20/20.
no. . . . doesnt Matter What Happens Come March. . . . theres Never An Excuse For Not Having A go At Whatever You Do

(god Knows Why Every Word Is Beginnining Wirh A Cap) Stupod Phone

stryker

Post by stryker » Mon 06 Feb, 2017 2:25 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:Im glad our focus is on the season proper. If we get off to a bad start, criticism will be more than justified. Couldn't care less about leagues answer to 20/20.
You just keep arguing the wrong point. Its not about sending a stacked side to win the money. Its about properly preparing those selected to represent the club as best as possible.
Its about installing pride and passion in the jersey and fostering an attitude of winners. It shouldnt matter whether its round 1 or the GF...you always give your all.

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Mon 06 Feb, 2017 4:54 pm

TrueTiger wrote:From reading all of the posts within this thread,I noticed a bit of Rankin compared to JAC...

Firstly Rankin has been mainly picked by Taylor because of his utility value compared to JAC,Jordan has been thrown on the wing,hooker,FB and anywhere else to fill a void...he is no world beater but is a dead set tryer who is doing his best,I can see that JAC is fast,has defensive floors and can only play on the wing to my knowledge..good luck to JAC at the storm...Rankin will probably end up in State cup,but at least I can see why he was in the top side last year especially with what we had as depth...as for JLJ he probably has no idea of playing nines but was thrown in to take the pressure off Brooks,JLJ has shown us previously that he can be relied upon when needed and will do his best ...once again he is no world beater but he is what we have ATM..he has been working really hard during preseason,at least give him credit for having a go at bettering himself for the season ahead..
Sorry, that doesn't matter. They weren't good, but they tried. Everyone picked for the club at any level should be trying hard! I'd try hard if i was given a shot. Doesn't mean i'd deserve to get picked.

These 2 were given a chance to show their talents and they both failed miserably. Others fared better, and good on them, but these 2 were woeful. No point in sugar coating it.

But ultimately 9s form means far less than form in the trials.

matchball

Post by matchball » Tue 07 Feb, 2017 12:21 am

stryker wrote:
You just keep arguing the wrong point. Its not about sending a stacked side to win the money. Its about properly preparing those selected to represent the club as best as possible.
Its about installing pride and passion in the jersey and fostering an attitude of winners. It shouldnt matter whether its round 1 or the GF...you always give your all.
Where was your outrage 2 weeks ago?
Fans were told that we weren't having a go then. You should have protested it then when something could have been possibly done about it if fans made noise.
No point getting all noisy about after its over.
3 weeks to go until it starts to count.
Must be hard to watch for you seeing you want us to lose and win at the same time.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Tue 07 Feb, 2017 12:36 am

matchball wrote:
stryker wrote:
Fans were told that we weren't having a go then. You should have protested it then when something could have been possibly done about it if fans made noise.
Must be hard to watch for you seeing you want us to lose and win at the same time.
Have a read of the "your nines squad" thread. Plenty of outrage before the tournament.

WestsBenTigers

Post by WestsBenTigers » Tue 07 Feb, 2017 5:44 am

Newtown wrote:Australia sent their second eleven to play New Zealand in each of the two ODI's. Australia were beaten in each game. Obviously the Australian Cricket Administration were looking at the big picture of the forthcoming tour of Indi and were accept the losses instead of injuries to their top eleven. Very similar to WT's thinking for the Nines.
No. The Aussie cricket team were training in Dubai for what the conditions were in India.
DifferenT from being rested
I will support Wests Tigers through thick or thin
I will be cheering when they win
I will love the Tigers Till I Die
With loyal supporters we will fly
I love the Tigers with my heart and soul
I just love the club as a whole
If the Wests Tigers believe
We will Unite, Commit and Achieve
:sign: :sign: :sign:

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 07 Feb, 2017 5:51 am

matchball wrote:
stryker wrote:
You surely not serious?
Lol

Oh... I wouldn't call it outrage... Disappointment more like it:

viewtopic.php?f=234&t=28115&start=54

Blaze

Post by Blaze » Tue 07 Feb, 2017 6:56 am

WestsBenTigers wrote:
Newtown wrote:Australia sent their second eleven to play New Zealand in each of the two ODI's. Australia were beaten in each game. Obviously the Australian Cricket Administration were looking at the big picture of the forthcoming tour of Indi and were accept the losses instead of injuries to their top eleven. Very similar to WT's thinking for the Nines.
No. The Aussie cricket team were training in Dubai for what the conditions were in India.
Do you think the Tigers real squad was sitting around drinking margaritas? Even still if they were sitting watching the tournament do you think the Aussie cricket team wasn't watching their side take on the kiwis? There is a big difference to a month to a weekend as well...

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Tue 07 Feb, 2017 8:47 am

WestsBenTigers wrote:
My point is that the Australian selectors were prepared to risk losing the ODI series in New Zealand by sending out their second stringers for the complete series. The New Zealander spectators paid to see a second string Australian team in action. Whatever the first string Aussie cricket team were doing in Dubai was disrespectful to the New Zealand team. By the way how do you know Wests Tigers top team wasn't training in Sydney whilst the second stringers were in New Zealand?

stryker

Post by stryker » Tue 07 Feb, 2017 9:22 am

:!:
matchball wrote:
stryker wrote:
I said exactly this a couple of weeks ago when Taylor first made the comment. So did others.

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Tue 07 Feb, 2017 10:44 am

Newtown wrote:
WestsBenTigers wrote:
My point is that the Australian selectors were prepared to risk losing the ODI series in New Zealand by sending out their second stringers for the complete series. The New Zealander spectators paid to see a second string Australian team in action. Whatever the first string Aussie cricket team were doing in Dubai was disrespectful to the New Zealand team. By the way how do you know Wests Tigers top team wasn't training in Sydney whilst the second stringers were in New Zealand?
When the play 500 matches of cricket every year now how could they keep the same squad all the time. That's why one day and test cricket are dying. they've cheapened the entire sport for a new version of their game which makes them money in the short term.

We didn't put out remotely close to our full strength side for the 9s and got knocked out on the first day. Can't expect much more to happen overall. However those that were there and did play played poorly, not even close to their abilities. There's no denying or excusing that either.